Onision

Age of Comedians

A lot of people remind me of my age as a comedian... like once you hit a certain age, you can’t be silly anymore.

Can you post a GIF of a comedian who is 30+?

I’ll start...

the office dislike GIF

guess it depends on the kind of humor

nick offerman smile GIF

Edited by Mae
  • Love 1

giphy.gif.a18f042cc0d855e37dae5c1e47cca4fb.gif845500906_images(2).jpeg.f6e15dc77b647b5a67514ad6cba17cba.jpeg

John Cleese is old as hell and he's still comedy gold. I find older comedians to be better anyways. They've moved on from basic/easy jokes to smarter comedy. It can still be crass and low brow, but the punchline and the buildup are just better in my opinion because they've had more practice with their craft and time to grow and learn new things. You need time to evolve, some 20 year old comedian has only grown by a few years while you'd expect a 30+ year old to have grown a lot more. Again, not grown above or too "mature" for some subjects, just they can make more creative jokes with those subjects and have learned to joke about new ones too

• Love 1

200.gif

How could I forget! Garret Morris is a great example of a comedian whose 30+, he was one of the original cast members of SNL and he’s on the show two broke girls. He’s 82.

• Love 1

10 minutes ago, LizardQueen said:

200.gif

How could I forget! Garret Morris is a great example of a comedian whose 30+, he was one of the original cast members of SNL and he’s on the show two broke girls. He’s 82.

An absolute legend who deserves so much respect in the industry

• Love 1