Onision

Deciding The Future of Patreon Posts!

Should I post ALL new content to the Onision patreon regardless of whether or not it is patron exclusive?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. What sounds the best?

• When people go to your patreon, they should be locked out, unable to see any content unless they are a patron.
    • When people go to your patreon, there should be some public vidoes, and a lot of patron only videos. Post ALL your videos there, but ensure there's a ton of awesome content for patrons too!
    • I don't care, I love you, you post whatever you think is best. You da bomb, and yes that was a 1990's reference.
    • Personally, I just want you to give us the best content. Public or private, deliver and I'll be happy.

I need your guys help on this, so I really appreciate you taking part!

On Patreon you can post videos exclusively for patrons or you can post them for everyone to see. Every time you post, you can decide this.

For a long time I have mostly ONLY posted videos that are patron only to Patreon... but some people only use Patreon to get the latest, as YouTube is not as reliable with ensuring you see new content.

So my question is in the poll 🙂

• Love 8
  • Like 2

I think that it's not fair for people to pay money to see special content and then others dont have to pay anything to see some of the same content. plus you would probably get more money if you chose the first option.

3 minutes ago, Olivia said:

I think that it's not fair for people to pay money to see special content and then others dont have to pay anything to see some of the same content. plus you would probably get more money if you chose the first option. 

Patrons still get the same content as always, posted exclusively to them.

The question was about whether or not public posts are added to that already existing number of private posts.

Posted (edited)

I think that it is fair to have to pay for private posts, because he is also showing free public posts! As long as the private content is not terrible and not worth the money, I'm fine paying. Especially because we are helping Onision out!

Edited by Quackbutt_Uchiha

I think there should definitely be some free content. If you think of it like.. when you buy a product, you want to have a feel for what it is you’re paying for before you buy and  I think a big reason someone wouldn’t want to pay for something like patreon, is not knowing if the perks offered are worth the money. There needs to be something there to draw people in.

Maybe a monthly/weekly vlog talking about upcoming projects, or maybe an end of the month kinda “highlights” showcasing maybe little snippets of things you’ve uploaded or events you did with patrons.

• Love 1

27 minutes ago, Quackbutt_Uchiha said:

I think that it is fair to have to pay for private posts, because he is also showing free public posts! As long as the private content is not terrible and not worth the money, I'm fine paying. Especially because we are helping Onision out!

Oh, it'll be great.

9 minutes ago, Mae said:

I think there should definitely be some free content. If you think of it like.. when you buy a product, you want to have a feel for what it is you’re paying for before you buy and  I think a big reason someone wouldn’t want to pay for something like patreon, is not knowing if the perks offered are worth the money. There needs to be something there to draw people in.

Maybe a monthly/weekly vlog talking about upcoming projects, or maybe an end of the month kinda “highlights” showcasing maybe little snippets of things you’ve uploaded or events you did with patrons.

That is so smart!

• Love 2

I think there should be a good mixture. Me personally I cant become a full patreon, I just really dont have the extra money. But i will support Greg on whatever he thinks is best. 

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, Cole said:

I think there should be a good mixture. Me personally I cant become a full patreon, I just really dont have the extra money. But i will support Greg on whatever he thinks is best. 

That's really nice of you!

• Love 1

I would think some public videos would draw people in, but I'm not a patreon creator, so I don't have experience there. I think you should do what you think is best.

Posted (edited)

Patreon is Patreon for a reason. I dont see why anyone would go to Patreon to watch FREE content. It's literally a site to support your favorite artists. Therefore, I think apart from maybe a nice front page, people should be locked out from Patreon if they aren't already Patrons. Thanks for reading & have a great day. ❤️

Edit: Maybe on that first page you could make a video public that represents what kind of content you produce for Patrons, to get them interested.

Edited by Sydrinne

4 hours ago, Sydrinne said:

Patreon is Patreon for a reason. I dont see why anyone would go to Patreon to watch FREE content. It's literally a site to support your favorite artists. Therefore, I think apart from maybe a nice front page, people should be locked out from Patreon if they aren't already Patrons. Thanks for reading & have a great day. ❤️

Edit: Maybe on that first page you could make a video public that represents what kind of content you produce for Patrons, to get them interested.

Some people have said they like the idea of everything in one place so they can forget YouTube 😋

• Love 1

Hmm well speaking from a former patron of yours, I think it should be spilt into two categories, videos for just your patrons and videos for general public so it’s distributed between groups but I believe from my own experience,patrons should get more exlcusive content because they pay for the services you provide for your patreon so I think personally the people who support you that much should get  more exclusive content on your patreon that’s just my opinion/outlook.  

-shrugs- 

Animated GIF

So yeah... posts that are not early, nor uncensored, posted to Patreon publicly.

Posts that are early &/or uncensored (or have other patron-only qualities, posted privately. It will lead to a much more active Patreon I think 🙂

• Love 1

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 10:03 AM, Onision said:

I need your guys help on this, so I really appreciate you taking part!

On Patreon you can post videos exclusively for patrons or you can post them for everyone to see. Every time you post, you can decide this.

For a long time I have mostly ONLY posted videos that are patron only to Patreon... but some people only use Patreon to get the latest, as YouTube is not as reliable with ensuring you see new content.

So my question is in the poll 🙂

I believe some things for non - patreons should be included, so they can get a feel what's avail if and when they describe