herbwitch

YouTube Advice ... overcoming stage fright

Hey everyone first post here! I was wondering how you can overcome stage fright with making YouTube videos? I used to make a lot of videos but that was a few years ago and I’d love to start out again but I get too scared to upload/stuck on ideas. I love to do rants/comedy/vlogging/artsy stuff and I feel unmotivated because so many people are doing it now and I feel like who’s gonna care if you get what I mean? Any advice would be great! Thanks 🙂 

Make the type of content you want to make and just be yourself. I was shy too when I first started making YouTube videos but I got used to it. I don't make them anymore though but when I did, I felt like I tried too hard at times so make sure to enjoy what you're doing and don't try too hard lol. Also, don't worry about what other people think.

following this  post b/c ive started a channel too but i have autism and severe anxiety so trying to feel natural and speak my mind and just talk on camera in general is hard.  i had selective mutism as a child and i still dont talk a LOT as an adult, though i'm comfortable talking to friends, i have trouble talking to people i dont know very well and just talking to yourself on a camera is awkward too lol.  i actually find it a little LESS awkward than talking to people i dont know, to talk to myself on a camera as long as nobody else is around in the house (then i feel REALLY weird like they can hear my upstairs talking to myself so i have to make sure the house is empty before i film videos which has put a dent in my filming lol)   but thats not saying much b/c im VERY awkward with strangers and only slightly less awkward with a camera.  

Make some practice runs.. until you feel comfortable with the camera. Once you do Do a"This my channel and welcome" video. Let your subscribers know when your going to load up. 

I never had stage fright... not since I was in school plays at least.

• Love 1

3 hours ago, Onision said:

I never had stage fright... not since I was in school plays at least.

Neither was I, I was in choir and Drama class, my son's the same. 

On Tuesday, April 02, 2019 at 4:23 PM, herbwitch said:

Hey everyone first post here! I was wondering how you can overcome stage fright with making YouTube videos? I used to make a lot of videos but that was a few years ago and I’d love to start out again but I get too scared to upload/stuck on ideas. I love to do rants/comedy/vlogging/artsy stuff and I feel unmotivated because so many people are doing it now and I feel like who’s gonna care if you get what I mean? Any advice would be great! Thanks 🙂 

I'm working on learning Wim Hof breathing excercises. They are used for endurance and physical stuff, but am interested in seeing if it helps with mental blockages as well. He has alot of videos about his stuff on Youtube. I first learned about him on the Yes Theory channel when they did the polar plunges and did the freezing mountain walk in their skivvies.