Sign in to follow this  

Is anyone here diagnosed with borderline personality disorder? I'm just wondering what coping skills work best and CONSISTENTLY for you?

And how are you managing it?

Do you take medicine that consistently works or do you have to keep going back and getting it adjusted? 

How is your quality of life overall? Does that quality stay consistent or change day to day/ month to month?

Please only comment on this if you are actually  diagnosed, and not just self-diagnosing 🙂 

• Love 2

I was diagnosed with unspecified psychosis but my doctor said we had to treat it as BPD and I wasn’t too happy bout that. It doesn’t matter tbh, I have mood swings but I’m mainly just hyper and everyone just tells me to calm down but deep down it upsets me a lot.

i used to be on meds but is stopped after 9 months cos i didn’t feel like myself tbh. 

My life has gotten better after I stopped caring what ppl thought bout me.

its ok tho, don’t worry about it too much, if u ever need someone to talk to HMU ok? 

🔥🤗❤️

Not diagnosed BPD, but bipolar 1(final diagnosis in Dec 2018 after 2 weeks being evaluated in a psych ward). I know they're not the same, there are some overlapping symptoms though. 

My advice is to not give up on therapy and be honest with your psychiatrist, if you're on medication, if your meds are not working. I cannot stress that enough. Also have a good support group around you, if you don't have one - find one. There are plenty of forums with people who have actual diagnosis like you to talk and converse about coping methods. 

It's a hard road, BPD comes with stigmas but don't let that S●●● define you. That was my biggest hurdle after my own diagnosis of bipolar 1, people just treated me differently and it felt like S●●● but you know what - we are still people, we have personalities, we're just dealing with some issues.

Op I hope you can find something that works as far as coping methods go. It's hard but you got this!!

• Love 1

I was misdiagnosed  with BPD and then later diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder.    (not sure how they mixed those up... i think they took my like mixed up emotions and autism meltdowns as more impulsivity and rage when that stuff really only happens when i get overstimulated and hit a meltdown)  
A lot of the ways of coping with things are probably similar though.  When im struggling i try to find something to distract myself-  i watch a lot of comedy and  having a hobby helps- i like to garden so i go out in the yard and can work out there for hours and it shuts my brain off so i'm not thinking about anything.  then even if i was upset, if i go out there and start working, at least i can forget about it for a while and then by the time i finish and come in i'm usually too tired to be upset (finding a hobby that has a physical component to it is helpful too for that reason- or like some sort of excercise/physical activity that takes your mind away from things-- going for a bikeride, a hike in the woods, etc.  something that is physical but also directs your attention somewhere else like a walk in the woods for me you  pay attention to the scenery and the birds singing kind of like a meditation, focusing on the things in nature.) 
I'm tired and kind of rambly in my sentences right now but i hope some of this helps.