The3BsPlease

Missing The Days When People Weren’t So Over The Top Sensitive...

Meeee too. It’s like if you have one S●●●ty opinion ( whether it changes or not) if you’ve said it somewhere that can be documented then you’re assumed a S●●●ty person no matter what. Like, people say and do S●●●ty things and either learn from it or don’t, and that’s EVERYONE. Let people f●●● up and don’t try to bar them from coming back from that.  

Thats my 2 cents anyway. 🌳

• Love 1

Same.  And the new generation doesn't even understand humor so they take anything that people have said in the past, even if they said it as a joke (because that type of humor isnt even a thing anymore so they dont even understand the CONCEPT that people EVER could have made jokes about things)  and they get called out and run t hrough the mill for it.  
For things that were probably said years ago when HUMOR was a thing and we didnt all just become outraged at every little comment.  
Ughh, i hate outrage culture.  

• Love 1

there’s a reason why some the younger generations are more sensitive now than ever and this reminded of a article I read a few years ago from TIME magazine.  I think it’s a bit ridiculous on why some people are extra sensitive but there’s a reason for why people are often this way.  Idk why this article popped up in my head when I saw this. Hope some of you read the article -shrugs- 

http://time.com/magazine/us/4547305/november-7th-2016-vol-188-no-19-u-s/

“Still, the number of distressed young people is on the rise, experts say, and they are trying to figure out how best to help. Teen minds have always craved stimulation, and their emotional reactions are by nature urgent and sometimes debilitating. The biggest variable, then, is the climate in which teens navigate this stage of development.

They are the post-9/11 generation, raised in an era of economic and national insecurity. They’ve never known a time when terrorism and school shootings weren’t the norm. They grew up watching their parents weather a severe recession, and, perhaps most important, they hit puberty at a time when technology and social media were transforming society.”

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Emo Charlie said:

Hmm... so what's the game plan to make things better?

As far I can see the only thing that can be done is to raise the next generation to be less sensitive.  

Edited by misspurdy06

Posted (edited)

I feel like the sensitivity is a result of obvious injustices against groups of people. Maybe if the injustices can be addressed and rectified, then the sensitivity can be healed as well.  Really, I feel like the sensitivity cannot be healed until the issues and injustices are addressed and handled. 

Edited by Onryouji
  • Like 1

It's almost like there is a contest going on to see who can get the most offended/triggered. Of course there are times when these feelings are justified but for the last few years it seems like people have been going out of there way to find things to get upset about. Outrage culture sucks.

• Love 2

This phenomenon is mostly happening online, and in my opinion, it's basically a pendulum effect after the crass and vulgar humor of the 00s - when dead baby jokes and such were cool and everyone wanted to be ultra edgy - now we're swinging in the opposite direction with people preaching empathy. By going through both extremes, we can figure out where our middle ground is. 

• Love 4

7 hours ago, The3BsPlease said:

So basically we’re F*D 🤷🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️😂

Pretty much. Culture shifts take years. Just gotta find a corner of the world you are happy in and step out to help when you have the drive. Gotta pick your battles.

• Love 1