I was diagnosed with unspecified psychosis when I was 17.  I was hospitalized for 4 months and was on meds for at least 9 months. I stopped taking them after I lost all feeling to anything in life. Like I couldn’t register emotions so I was never happy or sad I was just “meh”😐 ykno? 

Pretty much depressed for over 2 years and gained so much weight. My parents took me back to Ethiopia 🇪🇹 for a bit and it helped a lot as I got to see my grandma and family so it was nice.🤗

ive gotten a lot better now, I’m volunteering at a youth club and it helps me a lot when I’m around others sometimes I get too hyped and my family of ppl I know tell me to calm down😤😪 That’s something which upsets me a lot... cos I feel their not acknowledging my progress.

My question to you reading this is: Do you have mental health?

If so how do you cope with it?

And what’s your biggest struggle?

Thanks for reading and have a nice day❤️🤗

• Love 2

I was in nursing school with a 4.5 GPA. I worked full time,and full time classes as well. I made dean's list. My credits were transferrable,and I thought that if I really pushed myself I could take the prerequisites for pre med at community college. Long story short I broke down,because my symptoms got the best of me. I was then diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder,and have been on medication ever since. My credits transfered,and for my RN it would take about a year,however I would probably have to redo some other courses for my own piece of mind like pharmacology for example. My plan is to go back soon,because I know I can do it.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

my mental health story is LONG.... i've been struggling with mental health  since i was a small child - i've always had severe anxiety- i'm on the autism spectrum and have always had symptoms but i wasnt officially  diagnosed until i was in my mid 20s and so i've struggled my entire life with issues, trying to fit in, and led to self-medicating with drugs in my teens and early 20s since i didnt know what was wrong with me.  
long story and i can expand later when i'm less tired, but for now, i'm FINALLY at 32 y/o on the right medication that has been working for me (depakote, cymbalta, and adderall mainly,-- plus lorazepam/ativan PRN for anxiety/panic attacks/sensory overload/autism meltdowns) and i now have a service dog as well.   i've been stable on the same medications since 2015 when i was hospitalized and they finally had time to i guess observe me for a few weeks at a time and get an actual diagnosis and figure out what meds would help.  i had tried a lot of diff. medications in the few years before 2015 (from like 2009-2015 i tried almost every antidepressant and mood stablizers  and even some antipsychotics and none of them helped until the combination i'm on now-- there are still SOME issues and its not perfect even with meds but they are working the best of anything i've ever tried and most days are decent so i dont want to rock the boat and just sticking with it and trying to improve other areas of my life naturally to make up the difference..)  

ann2.jpganna1.jpg

Edited by AnnaSantina
  • Love 2
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

My story is quite boring but here we go. In middle -high school, I had this thing I now call my “humanity switch” yes from vampire diaries. I love that show. It’s basically like a personality disorder, I am not diagnosed (using it for description), and it when I am pushed enough, I stop caring and become very vindictive and psychotic. When I am not triggered I am fine. My normal loud, bold, daring, fearless, and explosive personality. But when my humanity switch is flipped I’m am a person that I dont like. I spent years trying to better myself. I have and I’m a lot happier for it. I’ve also struggled with depression, insomnia, and Greg and Andy Biersack, has helped me through these times. I hope everyone will have a wonderful and prosperous life. ❤️

Edited by Rei Torachi
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

On 4/22/2019 at 8:57 PM, Emo Charlie said:

I think I’m mentally ok right now. 

OH WOW! You posted on my post!😱 I love you so much thank you for sharing and I love ur vids btw❤️🤗

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rei Torachi said:

My story is quite boring but here we go. In middle -high school, I had this thing I now call my “humanity switch” yes from vampire diaries. I love that show. It’s basically like a personality disorder, I am not diagnosed (using it for description), and it when I am pushed enough, I stop caring and become very vindictive and psychotic. When I am not triggered I am fine. My normal loud, bold, daring, fearless, and explosive personality. But when my humanity switch is flipped I’m am a person that I dont like. I spent years trying to better myself. I have and I’m a lot happier for it. I’ve also struggled with depression, insomnia, and Greg and Andy Biersack, has helped me through these times. I hope everyone will have a wonderful and prosperous life. ❤️

I love Vampire diaries! It’s the best! And thank you for sharing ur story it means a lot and is inspiring for me!❤️

• Love 1
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, AnnaSantina said:

my mental health story is LONG.... i've been struggling with mental health  since i was a small child - i've always had severe anxiety- i'm on the autism spectrum and have always had symptoms but i wasnt officially  diagnosed until i was in my mid 20s and so i've struggled my entire life with issues, trying to fit in, and led to self-medicating with drugs in my teens and early 20s since i didnt know what was wrong with me.  
long story and i can expand later when i'm less tired, but for now, i'm FINALLY at 32 y/o on the right medication that has been working for me (depakote, cymbalta, and adderall mainly,-- plus lorazepam/ativan PRN for anxiety/panic attacks/sensory overload/autism meltdowns) and i now have a service dog as well.   i've been stable on the same medications since 2015 when i was hospitalized and they finally had time to i guess observe me for a few weeks at a time and get an actual diagnosis and figure out what meds would help.  i had tried a lot of diff. medications in the few years before 2015 (from like 2009-2015 i tried almost every antidepressant and mood stablizers  and even some antipsychotics and none of them helped until the combination i'm on now-- there are still SOME issues and its not perfect even with meds but they are working the best of anything i've ever tried and most days are decent so i dont want to rock the boat and just sticking with it and trying to improve other areas of my life naturally to make up the difference..)  

ann2.jpganna1.jpg

Your story is amazing! Your amazing! Thank you so much for sharing it!🤗

• Love 2
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Lisa said:

I was in nursing school with a 4.5 GPA. I worked full time,and full time classes as well. I made dean's list. My credits were transferrable,and I thought that if I really pushed myself I could take the prerequisites for pre med at community college. Long story short I broke down,because my symptoms got the best of me. I was then diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder,and have been on medication ever since. My credits transfered,and for my RN it would take about a year,however I would probably have to redo some other courses for my own piece of mind like pharmacology for example. My plan is to go back soon,because I know I can do it.

Yes you can! I will be going back to school in September hopefully ! Thanks for sharing ur story! It means a lot!👍🤗

• Love 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Wliak said:

I love Vampire diaries! It’s the best! And thank you for sharing ur story it means a lot and is inspiring for me!❤️

Thank you 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

On 4/21/2019 at 10:06 AM, Wliak said:

I was diagnosed with unspecified psychosis when I was 17.  I was hospitalized for 4 months and was on meds for at least 9 months. I stopped taking them after I lost all feeling to anything in life. Like I couldn’t register emotions so I was never happy or sad I was just “meh”😐 ykno? 

Pretty much depressed for over 2 years and gained so much weight. My parents took me back to Ethiopia 🇪🇹 for a bit and it helped a lot as I got to see my grandma and family so it was nice.🤗

ive gotten a lot better now, I’m volunteering at a youth club and it helps me a lot when I’m around others sometimes I get too hyped and my family of ppl I know tell me to calm down😤😪 That’s something which upsets me a lot... cos I feel their not acknowledging my progress.

My question to you reading this is: Do you have mental health?

If so how do you cope with it?

And what’s your biggest struggle?

Thanks for reading and have a nice day❤️🤗

My mental health story is very, very long haha. I think I've had it since I was very small because my family would always tell me to lose weight and my mother had really bad anger issues that caused a lot of emotional trauma I still go through. I started self harming when I was about 8 and it only got worse. I met some people along the way that didn't help my mental illnesses and it was just a big mess. My whole family gets plastic surgery, goes on diets, and for the longest time put me on diets and put me in sports so that I could lose weight. I developed an eating disorder (anorexia) and became severely underweight to the point I almost had a heart attack. I was hospitalized for a few months and when I got out, I was still underweight but not as much and I hated how I looked. I ended up trying to kill myself a few times and was hospitalized at least 4 times for suicide attempts. However, it's been one year since I've been hospitalized, I'm going to start going to therapy again (I stopped going a few months ago due to money) and I'm genuinely trying to be kinder to myself. From 2017-2018 I went on a kind of binge spree and gained a lot of weight, but I am now at a healthy weight and trying to fight the urge to listen to my eating disorder thoughts. My biggest struggle would have to be looking in the mirror and hating what I see and always being triggered by the comments made by others about me. I try coping with it by surrounding myself with positivity and trying not to push the people who love me away. Longggg story short, I'm a mess and have gone through a lot and still am going through a lot but I am working on it.

• Love 2

I'm soon sorry you went through all of that!

You are so beautiful and kind and special and I think your an amazing person! I think your story is inspiring and that you have accomplished a lot! I think it's very true everything you said about living yourself. Sometimes I tend to think about others more than myself and that tires me. If you ever wanna talk of anything and about ANYTHING feel free to msg me! 

I have equity too much spare time! Your story isn't long btw it's INSPIRING and I think your gonna do some AWESOME Things in the future!🤗

Much love,

Wehlia

• Like 1

On 4/22/2019 at 8:57 PM, Emo Charlie said:

I think I’m mentally ok right now. 

I'm glad your OK!🤗