Sign in to follow this  

What social stigma does society need to get over?

Posted (edited)

Mental health is still today a very stigmatized subject in society that causes many people do not get help due to the many stigmas/stereotypes associated with mental illness that makes people feel ashamed but they shouldn’t because if you or someone else is struggling, please fight for yourself or them to end the silence for those who need help. 

Edited by Guest

7 hours ago, LizardQueen said:

Mental health is still today a very stigmatized subject in society that causes many people do not get help due to the many stigmas/stereotypes associated with mental illness that makes people feel ashamed but they shouldn’t because if you or someone else is struggling, please fight for yourself or them to end the silence for those who need help. 

Very well said! I agree. Hollywood also pushes the stigma of mental health in a bad direction. I have problems when I tell people about mine, and they have seen the movie Split, as they think it means im gonna murder them in their sleep or some S●●● like that. 

As a person who has depression... if you don’t also have it, I suggest not dating someone with it.

• Love 1

I feel like se.xuality is something that is still stigmatized. Love and let love, live and let live. I mean ancient civilizations had more se.xual freedom than modern times. By se.xual freedoms, I do mean consenting adults.