Sign in to follow this  
Sloppy Mommy

Roseanne Barr

I hate getting into political stuff, so without getting too particularly political, what did you think of the tweet that got Roseanne Barr fired from her show by the network? 

This might be unpopular here, but I think she had a right to say what she said. As an American citizen, we have the right to free speech. 

Was it the right thing for her to do? No, if one has a great dislike, there are other means of expressing that rather than attacking someone's race or religious beliefs

Do I think she should have been dropped like that? No, but a punishment would have been in order for sure. I think they kinda bit their own nose off to spite their face as Roseanne was one of that networks top rated shows when Barr was on it.

There are consequences of all actions, both good and bad alike.  If you start yelling "FIRE!" in a Theatre when there is no fire, there will be consequences for that action.

I could probably edit this, but I might leave it like that. My last sentence ended awkwardly, but I think I was making an analogy there so I might leave it in. LOL I read that and I gave myself a giggle. 

I think it could be a matter of finding television syndication. She probably could do as Oprah WInfrey did and make her own network, but it would then be a matter of viewership.  The internet never REALLY forgives someone, they could hold them on a pedestal one minute, and drop them the next it is a very fickle place.  Again I don't want to get too political here, but there are people out there that think Roseanne is wrong for what she said, deadass wrong, including those that used to be her co-workers and there are people who know Roseanne has a crazy tweet history and no filter when it comes to that, so like a 50/50 split. Even if she brought it back on her own, I just don't think she would do as well anymore as she once did. Sad, I know.