Sign in to follow this  
GreyGirlGrace

To date, or not to date?

Do you believe it is better to have loved someone and had your heart broken by them, or never to be in a relationship at all? Do you think that a person on their death bed would regret failed relationships or the fact that they never had one? 

• Love 1

Posted (edited)

I'd rather be loved at least for a while than never be loved, treated like I'm ugly and die alone like a sad loser. A broken heart is nothing compared to dying alone.

Edited by Tasch The Milf
I mispelled than.

Posted (edited)

I also think it's better to have loved and lost, than to never be loved at all. 

It sucks to be heartbroken, no doubt there, but some of the hardest things in life can also be some of the most worth it things, like lessons taken from. T he human spirit is a very powerful thing and we have the ability to learn, grow and move on and sometimes, we have to be the one to pick up the pieces and move on and it sucks, but we can make it worth it to ourselves and in time, even just remember the good times fondly, but look before you leap, one can always have some more to learn. 

Edited by Sloppy Mommy

Just now, Sloppy Mommy said:

I also think it's better to have loved and lost, than to never be loved at all. 

It sucks to be heartbroken, no doubt there, but some of the hardest things in life can also be some of the most worth it things, like lessons taken from. T he human spirit is a very powerful thing and we have the ability to learn, grow and move on and sometimes, we have to be the one to pick up the pieces and move on and it sucks, but we can make it worth it to ourselves and in time, even just remember the good times fondly, but look before you leap, one can always have some more to learn. 

Meanwhile, I am perpetually single. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

By Guest
      I notice a lot of the times when I do date someone, it goes really well for awhile but suddenly they just disappear with nothing to say to me/no longer are interested in me.Idk why this happens but anytime I get close to someone relationship wise, they just ghost/ignore me which is very confusing because I don’t do that to them ever. 
      It’s a lot of stress emotionally and frankly very discouraging when you want to be close to someone but you can’t because you have a constant fear that something is gonna go wrong which is sad but when you have had it happen many times, you think it’s gonna happen again so you just wanna avoid that pain. It’s really consuming/devastating emotionally speaking when you really cared for someone but they didn’t really care that much for you. I feel like sometimes maybe it is me or something I did in the relationship and that often makes me very depressed because I take that very personally, The reason I say that is because I don’t like letting people down or causing any form of harm to anyone. Personally I’m just single for the moment because I just really have no desire to date right now nor do I think I’m ready emotionally.
      just a little tangent I wrote concerning dating.

• By SaraBell
      Hey!
      Im 21yr old and i've been for about 8 months in a mentally and sexually abusive relationship. He is 27 and we meet through a mutual friend.
      We broke up several times (around 5) and got back together. But after him doing horrendous stuff to me i decide to leave him for good. Unforchenetly i had serious issues with my family and in a moment of weakness got back to him. But of course he treated me even worse and started spreading rumors that ive slept with a bunch of people and that i have an STD. He even almost hit me in front of people but  a friend stopped him. 
      We no longer are together but im very emotionally hurt from all of this, 
      My question and the reason i shear this here is because i don't really know how i'll ever be with someone again after all of this.
      Can you guys give me advice on how to handle things after something this traumatic happens. 
    • By Emma
      for me, i still miss my original ex, especially since she was my best friend and that didn't last after we broke up. 
    • By iamnovoty
      In all honesty the happiest I've ever been is now, all because of my current relationship. We're always there for each other and he's made me extremely happy the whole time I've been with him. Even when I was going through a bunch of stuff involving my family, he stuck with me and wasn't an asshole. 9 months and going stronger than ever 😄
  • Topics