Delete My Account Please

Hey, can you delete my account?

Thank you!

Why do you want your account deleted? 😞 

35 minutes ago, Anna said:

Why do you want your account deleted? 😞 

It's for personal reasons. If you want my twitter or something lmk.

1 minute ago, XerinaNova said:

It's for personal reasons. If you want my twitter or something lmk.

Oh...I actually don't use Twitter.  And I hope you're ok! Sorry to see you go.

• Love 1

It's kinda funny how often people do this... like... the constant assumption that just deleting accounts will fix a problem.

Delete Twitter, delete Instagram... people do it all the time, never realizing what really needs to be change, is the roller coaster they put themselves and everyone else through ~

I myself don't delete my accounts, but I do jump around, I too seek balance.

• Love 4
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Onision said:

It's kinda funny how often people do this... like... the constant assumption that just deleting accounts will fix a problem.

Delete Twitter, delete Instagram... people do it all the time, never realizing what really needs to be change, is the roller coaster they put themselves and everyone else through ~

I myself don't delete my accounts, but I do jump around, I too seek balance.

Whilst I partially agree with what you're saying (i.e. deleting accounts won't always fix the root problem), there are four things I would like to mention. 

1. Pattern interrupt. This means that sometimes, in order to break a bad cycle of habits, one ought to try interrupting that cycle. 

2. Making a decision with no regrets. Sometimes, people need to be encouraged to make their own choice. Whether it's wrong or right, it's important to not regret the act of making that decision. As Erwin Smith would say, " If you begin to regret, you'll dull your future decisions and let others make your choices for you. All that's left for you then is to die. Nobody can foretell the outcome. Each decision you make holds meaning only by affecting your next decision."

3. We can't really assume the type of problem here - or rather, that there even is a problem. This person could maybe want a break from social media entirely, maybe they revealed sensitive information that they want removed, maybe they are trying to organise their hobbies in a prioritised hierarchy, maybe they don't like the forum anymore, maybe they're trying to hide their online identity from someone... Basically, their action may not necessarily match with our assumption of their problem type, or that they even have an issue to solve; them needing to "fix a problem" is predicated on such presumptions. This means the real solution could easily be indifferent to our solution, not least when circumstantial factors are taken into account. 

4. It's good to hear what you do in the case where you may have once considered deleting an account, but chose to pursue something different. Your resolution of balance could shine light on a different perspective, or downright, its application could potentially solve the issue entirely - you never know - but it's generally always worth a try.

• Like 1