Sign in to follow this  
Sloppy Mommy

What would YOU do? (Advice needed please!)

Okay so i need some advice please. I already know what I am going to do here, but maybe need a bit of validation in my action before it happens. 

So there is this guy I had known for over half my life, we kinda grew up together as we met when we were teens and are now in our 30's. 

We dated several times over the years, last time being 11 years ago, and not looked back since. 

The last time we were together, he told his whole family im a drug addict, which is not true. I am a recovering meth addict and have been clean for a bit over ten years, but I know I will always be in recovery because there are always times in life when using again would seem to make things easier, even if only for a short time, but I have made my mind up that I'm never going back to it, and that choice has to be made more than once for myself, almost on the daily.

After that, this same guy went and cheated on me by having s●● with a mutual friend of ours...so it was over at that point...I saw the girl working at McDonalds sometime after and told her I'd break her f●●●ing arms if she ever touched anyone that was mine, ever again. 

Taking him back is totally not even an option at all. 

He is trying to contact me on Facebook, I denied his request as I want nothing more at all to do with him.

Would you write someone like that and tell them what a piece of S●●● they are? Or not even acknowledge his existence? What would you do? 

• Love 1

My responsible brain would say “no contact” but f●●● that, tear him a new asshole and then block block block.  Hope you are well today. 

• Love 2

32 minutes ago, Sloppy Mommy said:

Okay so i need some advice please. I already know what I am going to do here, but maybe need a bit of validation in my action before it happens. 

So there is this guy I had known for over half my life, we kinda grew up together as we met when we were teens and are now in our 30's. 

We dated several times over the years, last time being 11 years ago, and not looked back since. 

The last time we were together, he told his whole family im a drug addict, which is not true. I am a recovering meth addict and have been clean for a bit over ten years, but I know I will always be in recovery because there are always times in life when using again would seem to make things easier, even if only for a short time, but I have made my mind up that I'm never going back to it, and that choice has to be made more than once for myself, almost on the daily.

After that, this same guy went and cheated on me by having s●● with a mutual friend of ours...so it was over at that point...I saw the girl working at McDonalds sometime after and told her I'd break her f●●●ing arms if she ever touched anyone that was mine, ever again. 

He is trying to contact me on Facebook, I denied his request as I want nothing more at all to do with him.

Would you write someone like that and tell them what a piece of S●●● they are? Or not even acknowledge his existence? What would you do? 

Well I'd probably do the first option. Tell him what a piece of S●●● he is. In fact I'd tell everyone that he had friended on facebook what a piece of S●●● he is. Well i mean, maybe. If it was as bad as you're saying then I would. Honestly, thats really f●●●ed up. Hope you're ok! 

• Love 2

Talking to him will just give him a way "in" to speak to you even more. He'll try to deflect your points about why he's an asshole and rope you into a debate so he can get your attention. He's best ignored.

• Love 4

Congrats on 10 years sober..its not easy quiting meth( 25 years clean myself) .  No one can really tell you what's best, you have to figure that one..as my mother used to tell me.. " Sweetie, you gotta rock this baby through". If you love this person nothing from the past will effect the relationship.

• Love 1

7 hours ago, Sloppy Mommy said:

Don't contact him!! He is not worth it and if you start, it might be harder to stop talking. It's best to just completely forget and move on and be the bigger person. He does not need your sympathy or your acknowledgment. 

• Love 1

5 hours ago, Mae said:

Why would you even consider contacting him. Block and move on. 

I think merely as closure to myself,  to be honest, but blocking and moving on is the general consensus and sounds like the better of ideas

Edited by Sloppy Mommy