Sheila Motko

Alabama governor signs controversial bill

I agree with this bill being signed into law there for Georgia and I hope it goes into law everywhere, as I believe murder of innocent life shouldnt even be an option. BUT I see the other side on this with that said, no one should be jailed or put on death row for wanting an abortion or having a miscarriage as that there infringes on rights of American people. 

I think it sould be allowed, but restricted on a state by state case. 

I would be way more for this bill if Adoption was both easier for people to do in the US, and if the laws changed about such. The way the laws are set up now, it really limits people who want to have a baby via adoption (because maybe they cannot conceive) or for people that just want to give a baby a chance at life and take them in their family, Up until a baby reaches 3-5 years old in some states, bio parents can go and file for their rights to get their child back, and if they do as required, a judge may take the child from the only parents they have ever known and give them back to the bio parents, which can be traumatizing for the child. 

I still am Pro Life though and I don't see murder as a viable option. I've never seen such a time when women were petitioning for the rights to kill their own unborn. 

Ive heard the arguement before that "its just a cluster of cells" but when newborn abortions exist as well, when do we stop becoming "a cluster of cells" and become human life? Yes, a  baby is non viable as they cannot care for themselves outside of the womb, but by that a two year old is a death machine too, they also are non viable, leave one alone for a few minutes and they'll try to kill themselves. 

I’m pissed off about it. I’m at work so I can’t fully devote time to explaining my view on this but I’m disgusted. 

• Love 1

The language of Roe V. Wade stipulates that abortions can NOT be prohibited at the state level up to the third trimester. The basis of this decision being  “viability” of a fetus before the third trimester. “Viable” is defined as the fetus being developed enough to survive outside the womb. Most of the verbiage of the bill asserts that it seeks to protect women’s privacy and health as well as prenatal health and the right for a woman to choose what happens with her body but that it is not absolute, meaning they determined that abortions could be prohibited at the third trimester on a state level. Additionally it stipulates that states may pass regulatory restrictions on abortions performed during second trimester if it was necessary to preserve maternal and prenatal health.  There are no exceptions to the  prohibition during third trimester unless the pregnancy jeopardizes the life of the mother. 

Hyde amendment is a joint part of this in that is was attached afterward to stipulate that no federal funds would be used to cover the cost of abortion with exception of endangerment to the mother’s life, R●●●, or incest. 

That being said, states can try to sign whatever bill they want. If it overturns any part of Roe  V. Wade it will not get past the Supreme Court meaning it will never be enforceable. 

As to the whole “cluster of cells” thing, that’s definitely someone’s misinterpretation or outright laziness when it comes to the actual language used in Roe V Wade.  If anyone actually read it they would understand it’s more about protecting the PRIVACY,  health and lives of women with added provisions to ensure that prenatal health is also protected (i.e. prohibiting abortion entirely at the third trimester when a fetus is considered “viable”). 

Personally I feel outraged because these bill signings are clearly political ploys aimed to increase support from voters already forming the base that supports these politicians as well as they are aimed to smear political opponents. These politicians know damn well that the bill will never get through the Supreme Court and that it’s contents will never be enforced as law. Yet they and the media will push it in everyone’s faces and spin it to the point where women everywhere are scared to death they’ll be thrown in jail or put to death just for having a miscarriage. When that happens we should all revolt because then we officially live in a fascist dictatorship.  It’s never going to happen though, it’s a bluff meant to bolster political campaigns for the upcoming elections.   These politicians clearly  don’t give a rats ass about any of us, and especially not women in general or they would not stoop to such lows merely for their own gain.   

• Love 1

I just really don't like the idea of someone being put into jail and getting the death sentence and all these things just for having an abortion. I'm pro choice, so that's just how I see things. 

• Love 1

23 hours ago, Tasch The Milf said:

I'm a conservative and even I am against anti abortion laws in all states. They violate the 13th amendment anyways.

You might mean the 14th amendment. 

• Like 1

Its too bad that the government can't simply do something in moderation.  Though it may seem that some people want to get pregnant just so they can kill a human, banning it entirely is not the answer.  There are cases where it is necessary.

5 hours ago, Anna said:

I think it seems like communism. We aren't a communist county. 

I don't see the parallel.  How is it communistic?

21 hours ago, Polaris9 said:

I don't see the parallel.  How is it communistic?

Well communism is basically where the government controls you. And if you wanna give someone the death penalty if they get an abortion then that seems like communism to me because they're telling you what you can and cannot do with your own body.

1 hour ago, Anna said:

Well communism is basically where the government controls you. And if you wanna give someone the death penalty if they get an abortion then that seems like communism to me because they're telling you what you can and cannot do with your own body.

Totalitarianism is where the government controls most/all aspects of your life.  Communist doctrine advocates for a totalitarian state as its end goal to control and exploit the people and indoctrinate them to believe that it somehow benefits them.  Communism is the worst possible state for a nation, far worse than even fascism.