I was just curious if you'd unblock your haters like you did on Twitter on other social media accounts like Tumblr or Instagram? It'd be interesting, but obviously you don't need to do it. I'm curious to know what you think of this idea and why you would or wouldn't do it and see the results if you do, if you'd like to share :)

Tumblr auto suggests hateful posts to you when people are not blocked there.

• Love 1

5 hours ago, Onision said:

Tumblr auto suggests hateful posts to you when people are not blocked there.

You can always download the Xkit extension (I know it's on Chrome, but not sure if it's available for other browsers) and the have a feature to get rid of suggested blogs and ads and various other nice and helpful features, so you could always do that if you don't want to see hateful blog be suggested if you do end up unblocking people. I just tend to ignore the hateful blogs since I don't really keep too close an eye on drama in general

Though I know that Twitter also suggests hateful Twitter accounts as well, so you really cannot escape them, unfortunately 😞

• Love 1
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, unbrit said:

You can always download the Xkit extension (I know it's on Chrome, but not sure if it's available for other browsers) and the have a feature to get rid of suggested blogs and ads and various other nice and helpful features, so you could always do that if you don't want to see hateful blog be suggested if you do end up unblocking people. I just tend to ignore the hateful blogs since I don't really keep too close an eye on drama in general

Though I know that Twitter also suggests hateful Twitter accounts as well, so you really cannot escape them, unfortunately 😞

Twitter doesn't show you their posts the moment you log in despite not following them etc.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Onision said:

Twitter doesn't show you their posts the moment you log in despite not following them etc.

That may be true, but the Xkit extension is super helpful for Tumblr and, even if you unblock your haters, you can just use some of the features to make sure you don't see them pop up on your dashboard. I made an informal image of some of the features I use and some that might help you. I don't see too many hater blogs show up on my dash, so I don't have some of these features installed. Guess I just follow the right people, haha :)

But it's still up to you if you'd like to use these features/download Xkit or unblock your haters

xkit 1.PNG

Edited by unbrit
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, unbrit said:

That may be true, but the Xkit extension is super helpful for Tumblr and, even if you unblock your haters, you can just use some of the features to make sure you don't see them pop up on your dashboard. I made an informal image of some of the features I use and some that might help you. I don't see too many hater blogs show up on my dash, so I don't have some of these features installed. Guess I just follow the right people, haha 🙂

But it's still up to you if you'd like to use these features/download Xkit or unblock your haters

xkit 1.PNG

I second that! I love xkit!! You can set up really good and user friendly fixes to tumblr that just make it nicer and easier to use. Plus I hate the blank blue background and love scrolling my dash on a colourful background. It also had the blacklist word option way before tumblr added it themselves. I've blacklisted the words "anti" and "cancel" because I have no time for those posts, even if the people I follow post anti-anti or anti-cancel culture stuff I just want to ignore it all

3 hours ago, Emo Charlie said:

I don’t like Chrome.

Same,, I also don't like Internet explorer.. Both mess up my devices.

3 hours ago, Emo Charlie said:

I don’t like Chrome.

Fair enough, not to try and push you to use it if you don't want to, but they also have ported it to Safari and Firefox. Opera as well apparently, totally forgot that browser existed. I think internet explorer is the only main browser not supported

On 5/23/2019 at 8:58 AM, Emo Charlie said:

I don’t like Chrome.

To each their own, but like Jinxxx said, they have Xkit available for other browsers as well, so it's worth looking into at the very least! It's helpful with some of the broken UI stuff on Tumblr as well, if nothing else

On 5/25/2019 at 12:59 AM, Emo Charlie said:

Benefits of Tumblr? Or unblocking?

I think that Xkit makes Tumblr more usable. It disables ads, mutes people, find inactive followers, limit how many blogs you see on your dash, hide suggested blogs, etc. With what I suggested earlier, though, if you do happen to unblock everyone, you won't have to see them with the features found in Xkit. You can also add usernames in a blacklist or whitelist feature that they have as well so you don't have to see the hater blogs in your tag on Tumblr. I've had to do that with a few blogs that my friends reblog from so I don't see the content due to unrelated reasons.

What's the worst that can happen if you install it? If you feel that you don't need it or like it, you can just uninstall it and be done with it, I suppose, but I feel that it's pretty helpful.

To each their own, I suppose, but it'd be interesting to see you taking how you manage your Twitter and doing it on other social media platforms like Tumblr. But  no problem

9 hours ago, unbrit said:

To each their own, I suppose, but it'd be interesting to see you taking how you manage your Twitter and doing it on other social media platforms like Tumblr. But  no problem

Yeah... we'll see!