How do you feel about selective outrage? 

Hypocrisy at it’s worst?

Aren’t we all hypocrites to some degree? 

Just something to think about and I’d love to hear your opinions... 

• Love 2

On 6/1/2019 at 6:09 PM, Kiritsugu said:

Ehh I think it stems from a combination of double-standards, lack of critical thinking, and emotional strain. 

Sure, everyone may fall victim to hypocrisy from time to time, some much less than others, but that's one way how we humans learn. How you react to it is what's important, and if it's you that's done it, it's important that you simply re-evaluate your position. 

Selective outrage isn't healthy in discussions, nor the world to be honest. 

Like how people are, for whatever reason, dismissing Joe Biden's creepy behaviour or maybe how the Democrats were supportive of Hillary Clinton who cheated Bernie or maybe an issue of the same vein where someone subjected to the same harsh treatment isn't treated the same as someone who appears differently. Selective outrage stems from double-standard conflict with people's principles. 

Aren’t we all hypocrites to some degree? No, I don't think it's that simple. I think we all have the ability to be able to be hypocrites at any time - thus the need to think before speaking, or critically evaluate issues. 

Your thoughts?

How many times does it take for one to act hypocritical to become a hypocrite?

I personally think it is that simple and it’s not that deep. Is there some sort of hypocrite scale that I’m unaware of?   

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kiritsugu said:

You don't call someone who lied once or twice in their professional life a liar (though it does depends on circumstances).

People call each other hypocrites and liars all the time, even when it was one occasion, say, within a series of months (so it's also based on subjective perception).

If someone's being constantly hypocritical, there's likely a sizeable underlying issue there - which would indicate there is indeed a scale - not least numerically speaking. 

Hypocrisy is in most all of us. Like a meat eating person who says they would never harm an animal.

• Love 3
  • Confused 1

I mean, what do you consider selective outrage? Without examples, we're probably not going to have a constructive conversation. Too vague to give a meaningful response to.

Well I know allot of chivalrous white knights and feminists who would only get offended if you make jokes about girls or women while there's also these caregiving retard coddling weirdos and SJWs who would only get offended  if you make jokes about elderly people and disabled people. Different jokes for different folks I guess! lol! allot of people have different moral codes. This is why we still need freedom of speech and fair laws to keep riots from happening.

• Love 1

17 hours ago, Lilith said:

I mean, what do you consider selective outrage? Without examples, we're probably not going to have a constructive conversation. Too vague to give a meaningful response to.

Just the simple definition: Selective outrage is when the media or a group of people becomes completely hysterical over what one person or group of people says or does, but ignores and/or censors when others say or do similar or worse things.

People who get mad if you scream at a cat while they are actively eating a pork rib.

• Love 1

Guest ellajuliet949
On 6/4/2019 at 6:23 AM, Kiritsugu said:

Interesting. 

Is cooked chicken, for instance, an animal? 

If I ate cooked chicken, and suppose I said prior to that, that I would never harm an animal, does that mean I was hypocritical - in essence, by eating the cooked chicken, did I harm an animal?

Yes. By paying for the chicken you are essentially funding the torture and slaughter of animals. So obviously, if you eat meat, you are harming animals. 

Guest ellajuliet949
On 6/4/2019 at 6:23 AM, Kiritsugu said:

Interesting. 

Is cooked chicken, for instance, an animal? 

If I ate cooked chicken, and suppose I said prior to that, that I would never harm an animal, does that mean I was hypocritical - in essence, by eating the cooked chicken, did I harm an animal?

Yes. By paying for the chicken you are essentially funding the torture and slaughter of animals. So obviously, if you eat meat, you are harming animals. 

I will add, while I am living a vegetarian lifestyle, I do still appreciate when meat eaters call out animal abuse. I think regardless of who you are, I'm glad the animal abuser is being exposed as a terrible person or potentially have been reported to animal protective services to get their animal to safety

I'd rather those people move onto being vegan/vegetarian, but at least they are doing something good. And hey, maybe by them reading more animal abuse cases (and eventually reading about factory farming), they'll start to switch to a meat-free life as well. That's how one of my friends became vegan. Well, that and me showing her how easy and cheap it can be, provided you eat the proper foods (which is an issue meat eaters suffer as well). Plus if course the fact that vegans must supplement for vitamin B12 which unfortunately some of the shadier vegan YouTubers don't mention (but those are usually the ones who within two years stop being vegan while claiming it was unhealthy for them because they didn't try and eat healthy)

9 hours ago, Cat Holic said:

I can eat meat and love cats. Nothing hypocritical about that.

IMG_20180728_114024_151.jpg

Makes sense... You love to eat cats... lol! 😂😂😂 

*** It’s just a  bad joke so please don’t get offended... ☺️

• Lol 1

12 minutes ago, Tasch The Milf said:

Cool! this thread was used in one of his videos!

I know! When I saw it I was acting like a lil fan girl inside! LOL!!! 😂😂😂🤦🏼‍♀️

• Love 1