Tasch The Milf

Is Spanking Your Kids A Constitutional Right?

I heard every state law has laws at least almost as old as America itself that allow parents to physically discipline their underaged children at home and some states still allow teachers to corporally punish their unruly students. Even the female students and the disabled students who break school rules. But I also heard that the American constitution never allowed violence against anyone unless it was in self defense or protecting others/property. So I often wonder if spanking kids was ever officially legal in the United States. Old state laws defend child spanking but the constitution from The Founding Fathers sure does not it seems. I'm not condoning disciplining your kids or not disciplining your kids. Since this is a very controversial topic that makes lots of people angry. I'm just asking an interesting question. Is spanking your child defended by the U.S constitution? and if you say yes. Can you give me the source or sources to prove it?

• Like 1

I don’t know much about the U.S. constitution, but I completely despise the idea of American families disciplining their child’s through physical harm. As much as I’ve gone through the same thing as a kid, supported or not, it is not a safe way for a child to be raised, because then the child will grow up to feel anxious and neglected. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I often wonder if child spanking back then was more of a traditional social norm and a violent practice that only state laws defended because the Bible allows parents to spank their children but America never started as a Christian nation or even a republican one. It started as a very libertarian, capitialist and none religious nation with very small and simple government. Complicating assault and battery laws by allowing spousal abuse or even child spanking sounds pretty big government to me and I looked everywhere in the U.S constitution for laws that defend wife abuse and child spanking but could not ever find anything that defended that.

Edited by Tasch The Milf