Sign in to follow this  
Meghan Pollex

How to tell the difference, thoughts

I am thinking to myself, as someone who has a mental condition that already makes it hard for me to read social cues, how can someone distinguish who people are online versus offline? Thoughts?

In the past I have been carried away with the reality that is shown on YouTube that it made me think of people more like characters than full realized human beings and I want to learn from that.

I am the kind of person who is willing to acknowledge my own mishaps but I want to keep learning.

• Like 1

When you are an entertainer, you have every reason to be more entertaining that you usually are... basically if expressing something can be done in a more entertaining way, people often do because they are rewarded.

• Like 2

I sometimes reflect and wonder if I could ever deal with the internet stating my own reputation as a person the same way circumstances have been towards you.

I can only imagine what it must be like to make personal mistakes on the internet and have those mistakes be used against you for years to come.

I don’t expect any person to be perfect, but it does help to know that others are learning from their mistakes. At least I would hope if I were in your shoes that people would give me grace to learn and grow from my mistakes.

There are things that I have not agreed with in your past mistakes on the internet, however, you are a human being and there are a good amount of things I do like about your character as a person. 

I do look at this as following by the golden rule. Treat others the way you want to be treated yourself. I know I have made bad decisions, but I constantly aim to be a better person from them.