Laura

Books that had a impact on your life.

What it’s a book that had a impact on your life? I have a few but will name just one. 

Of Mice of Men by John Steinbeck

• Like 4

Me before you. 

Precious.

Little women

ALOT 

Everyone go download Overdrive it's an app where you can read book for free from any library. Easy. Thank god. 

#notsponsored #singlemomlife

• Like 4

The Epitome of Perfection: The Step-by-Step Guide To Being a Great Human Being

Medium Rare: A Guide To Fine Dining & Perfect Timing 

• Like 2

VC Andrews broken wings ❤️ I really loved this book for some reason and it’s about a girl who ends up going to an all girl school/prison camp it’s weird but anyways she serves her time in the desert and it’s a long story but it really was a good read.

• Like 2

Laurie Halse Anderson's "Speak"

Micheal Crichton's "Disclosure"

These books have somewhat similar content, both helped me get through some pretty traumatic stuff. Both are definitely worth the read. 

so cliche but lord of the flies is my all time fave, its just such a great parable of life n a great reminder we r a stones throw away from becoming rabid savages n that society when taken out of context is alarmingly frail.....

• Like 1

I read a Book once that brought me to tears. It’s a Norwegian book called “mamma’s svik” wich translate to “Moms betrayal.” It’s a true story about the girl and writer of the book who was molested and raped by her own mother. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sabs said:

I read a Book once that brought me to tears. It’s a Norwegian book called “mamma’s svik” wich translate to “Moms betrayal.” It’s a true story about the girl and writer of the book who was molested and raped by her own mother. 

I know this is a bit of a cliche question, but have you read  Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls? Its also a memoir, and honestly brought me to tears. 

6 hours ago, Taraaf said:

I know this is a bit of a cliche question, but have you read  Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls? Its also a memoir, and honestly brought me to tears. 

I have never read it, but I will check it out :D 

• Like 1