Onision

What Is The Most Important Lesson You've Learned In Life?

I learned that if you want to accomplish your goals, you are far more likely to achieve it if you do not focus on things that hold you back from accomplishing that goal whatsoever.

• Like 2

Times tricky. You can't waste it but you also can't spend all your time worrying about it. 

• Like 1

I learned a mix of you should not work with friends, or be roommates with friends.

Nothing lasts forever. To enjoy and cherish what you have. Because you never know what could happen. 

Edited by AmazingDiana
  • Like 2

I've learned that life is what you make it. If you fail you just have to pick up yourself and start all over, just keep trying. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Carmen24U said:

I've learned that even family can be strangers or even enemies.

Lol, I've nicknamed mine like annhilators for some reason all my life.  They really did nothing to do that but I felt that somehow.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Drifter Kane said:

Lol, I've nicknamed mine like annhilators for some reason all my life.  They really did nothing to do that but I felt that somehow.

Well mine did they hate me to pieces, my mom tried to abort me 2 times, they keep telling me how I ruined their life and they mock me everyday

6 hours ago, Carmen24U said:

Well mine did they hate me to pieces, my mom tried to abort me 2 times, they keep telling me how I ruined their life and they mock me everyday

They should be nicer to you...have you tried voicing that to them?  

6 hours ago, Carmen24U said:

Oof, that sucks

• Like 1

To never take things for granted, I almost died after a Bi-pulmonary embolism at 24 and it was very sobering. Your life can be put out like a flame so it's best to just savor every single day and live for the now. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Drifter Kane said:

They should be nicer to you...have you tried voicing that to them?  

Ohhhhh I so did but guess what they keep telling me if u don't like ur life go end it.

18 minutes ago, Carmen24U said:

Ohhhhh I so did but guess what they keep telling me if u don't like ur life go end it.

You be you and find other things or people to keep in your heart if you have to I would think if you're not already doing so.  Sorry it's tough but hopefully this particular struggle in life for you makes you tougher.  I know it's not fun or funny to be a person who is like a lone soul adventurer out of it all but maybe you can find or maybe have already found a foundation you may have for yourself in your paths that makes you realize the truth in your life for yourself is yourself.  If you have already have found the convictions of your heart, just follow them like ixchelle said.  No one should try to strip that away from you, especially your family.  

That you are stronger than your traumatic experience and that almost dying makes you not want to take life for granted.

10 hours ago, Drifter Kane said:

You be you and find other things or people to keep in your heart if you have to I would think if you're not already doing so.  Sorry it's tough but hopefully this particular struggle in life for you makes you tougher.  I know it's not fun or funny to be a person who is like a lone soul adventurer out of it all but maybe you can find or maybe have already found a foundation you may have for yourself in your paths that makes you realize the truth in your life for yourself is yourself.  If you have already have found the convictions of your heart, just follow them like ixchelle said.  No one should try to strip that away from you, especially your family.  

Thanks but no one actually wants my depressed ass around so I'm a loner soul like u called it but I'm fine I have music, I have books and cigarettes and thats enough to stop me from doing anything stupid for now.

2 hours ago, Carmen24U said:

Thanks but no one actually wants my depressed ass around so I'm a loner soul like u called it but I'm fine I have music, I have books and cigarettes and thats enough to stop me from doing anything stupid for now.

Sorry to hear your story.  Believe it or not I'm the same way.  I mean I have a few people and people generally like me but to be honest, I feel like everyone doesn't like me and I really don't have any friends, just family.  I have books, games, music, and the Internet and things like that too really only as well.  I did some stupid things already so I can say from experience, just keep doing what you gotta do.  I guess I just like to try to understand, forgive me, but do you ever think to yourself...like being a lone soul person...it isn't fun or funny as some people might think it to be like in movies like Harry Potter or lotr?  Just wondering.  I know you don't have anyone but I can say you can always talk to me.  Pm me if you want.  

I’ve learned a lot but here are a few:

That you have to first like yourself and be there for yourself before you can accept anyone else to do the same.

Sometimes those who you would expect or who should be the best thing for you are not always the best. And it’s ok to accept that and move on.

Nobody can define you except you. You are not your parents or anyone else who’s been involved in your life.

13 hours ago, snicole said:

I’ve learned a lot but here are a few:

That you have to first like yourself and be there for yourself before you can accept anyone else to do the same.

Sometimes those who you would expect or who should be the best thing for you are not always the best. And it’s ok to accept that and move on.

Nobody can define you except you. You are not your parents or anyone else who’s been involved in your life.

I like what you're saying snicole.  You are your own truth.  Maybe there are great revelations in life...but I feel the universe is out of balance and we should focus on getting things back into harmony so those things can wait.  The right order of the processes that needs to be done I feel I am responsible to do alone must be done before greater truths come out.

Edited by Drifter Kane