Onision

What Happens To Us When We Die?

I have a pretty crazy theory that we just... cease to exist... what is your opinion?

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, Onision said:

I have a pretty crazy theory that we just... cease to exist... what is your opinion?

My opinion is though our remains turn into dust..Our spirits wander closest to our loved ones. 

• Love 1

I want to become a ghost with the closet people I wuv and haunt and torture the horrible people who shouldn't exist.. if only 

• No 1

Who knows maybe we are reborn or we go to another place. 

God is good so they wouldnt allow such  :"c idek where we go I sometimes think of this when I'm going to go to bed it's really depressing bc you dont want to seperate from the ones you wuv bc then youre going to be alone or some where unknown hm if I go to hell I would love to haunt and stuff on the bad people I hope that's my ending sih I don't want to sleep eternally or come back. 

Edited by Eli
  • No 1

I believe in there being an afterlife but I've never been so sure on the specifics. Reincarnation? Kingdom of God? Becoming one with the Earth? Our own personal planets? I haven't really decided on what I believe in. I recently learned about Plato's Chariot Allegory from the Phaedrus in my philosophy class. I know it's supposed to be just a metaphor for explaining the human soul but I still find it intriguing as a view on the afterlife too. That might be what I've been leaning on for the past couple of days.

Luckily I've statistically long way to go before I ever find out for myself...

Life as we know it wont exist. But our molecular properties will  be relieved back to the star dust from which it came. I mean it's really hard to grasp the concept of forever. To want to go on forever sounds nice and all but eventually that would get old. Even gods would become bored eventually. Is there really meaning to anything. Is what you do today going to matter in 500000000 years when the Andromeda galaxy tears into ours and we will probably all be long gone by then. Will it matter. I mean I realize it's the less optimistic point of view but. That is why life is so valuable. So much death and pain and grief in the world. It hurts my heart. You get one shot people. Live in the moment. This is it. 

Edited by Tenshi DaStrange

I think we just die.

That's all.

There is no afterlife, no reincarnation.

Just like falling asleep without a dream.

• Love 1

I like to believe that our spirit takes the image of a time when we were happiest. We are surrounded by past loved ones lost. And look upon and guide those who are in the physical world. 

It's what comforts me. 

• Love 2

Well To add on to my pervious post, I’m actually Wiccan and we believe in reincarnation that “witches never die, they just get recycled”. Some people really don’t understand reincarnation; one wonders why we would want to keep coming back over and over again. There are three reasons for reincarnating.

*To work on over coming your faults 

*To experience every human emotion possible 

*To eventually become a part of the Divine Power.

When a soul is born, it begins a journey of spritual development. With every incarnation on earth, we learn valuable lessons that help us on the journey and go on to make us the true individuals we are. 

We are all reincarnating at different rates. Hence the reason why some people are truly wonderful and some are,well, not. 

Thats all. It’s just my take -shrugs- 

Our conciousness, what is considered "us" litterally ceases to exist, just like a drawing made out of kid paint on the wall would cease to be when the paint is washed off the wall, regardless of the paint still existing. So even though our bodies linger and transform and form part of an endless cycle, we disappear.

I'm currently a nursing assistant at a nursing home with a lot of dementia patients, which means I see a lot of death. While working night shift I've had a few unexplainable things happen, and many of my coworkers have similar stories, all of which could only be explained by some supernatural force, like spirits. Having experienced these things not only alone but also with other coworkers with me, I have to believe that something happens after death. Or maybe we do just rot in the ground and these forces aren't spirits? Freaky. 

• Love 1

I do believe in God and a idea of Heaven and Hell, but I also think that there is other dimensions out there, this CANT be it. I dont know how to explain it or even if it has a name, but I think that's where we go, we go to where we believe we will go if we go anywhere at all. I just believe that there is more to this world than we know, and there are other worlds out there we may only know of when we do die. 

Just happened to be researching this topic. (Sorry if Bible stuff bothers anyone who reads this, please ignore me if it annoys you.) Figured I'd hop in on it, since I study these things a lot. If anyone wants to do the research then, feel free, I definitely encourage it! I.. wanted to make this post, not to preach or anything, but because the topic of hellfire and eternal suffering is saddening to me and the mere idea of God actively taking people up to heaven because God needed another angel is... really depressing. Its contradictory if God is this... loving Creator, lover of mankind.. so I thought I'd share some... comforting messages, backed up with some simple scriptures...

A couple people already spoke about this, forgive my memory but it was about how we are dust. We decompose into dust, quite literally. (I like backing my stuff up with scriptures..) Genesis 2:7 supports that. "And Jehovah God went on to form the man out of dust-" We can see corpses rotting away and eroding.

But what actually happens? Psalms 146:4- "His spirit goes out, he returns to the ground; On that very day his thoughts perish." So.. think of your spirit, being a like.. candle. The wick completely melts away and the flame goes out.. Like our spirit when we die. We know nothing because... our thoughts perish along with everything else. Ecclesiastes 9:5 even states that "the dead know nothing at all."

What about hellfire? What's going there? Is there an afterlife? What about spirits living on? Well, let me share my findings with you! Hopefully, you find this interesting! I'll link my research.

Hellfire: There is no direct scripture for hellfire, this one is based more off of... personal interpretation. Let this sink in though! Romans 6:23, bring out that the wages sin pays is death. When we die, our sins are wiped clean. Why are we being sent to hell if we have nothing to be punished for? 

What is Death?: Once again, personal interpretation. Death is the opposite of life. I think we all can agree to that...*nervous laugh* right? I think it is at least. Remember Lazarus? Jesus's friend who died and was dead for 4 days and Jesus's resurrected him? John 11:11 says that he fell asleep in death. Death is compared to literally falling asleep, like in Acts: 7:60 and 1Corinthians 15:6. "Fallen asleep in death." Ok we fall asleep... what the heck happens? Ecclesiastes 9:10 says it right there. "Whatever your hand finds to do, do with all your might, for there is no work nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom in the Grave-" So... to put it frankly, no one is sent to heaven and no one is sent to hell. Everyone just...goes to sleep in death, Jesus who already knows the condition of the dead, did not say Lazarus was not in heaven with his dead family, wandering around as a spirit or was suffering in hell.

Afterlife?: Isaiah 26:14 helps us to appreciate that our loved ones are powerless in death as in they have no influence on the physical world. "They are dead; they will not live. Powerless in death, they will not rise up." This also ties in the "Spirit living on" theory as well. 

Christian denominations that believe in an immortal soul get this teaching, not from the Bible, but from Ancient Greek philosophy. And God does not condone merging his teachings with human philosophies, and that is stated in Colossians 2:8.

I dont know.. this makes me feel better knowing that my dead family is just... sleeping. They have no influence in our world, nor are they suffering anywhere, nor did God take them away... Kind of soothing in a way...

Researchhttps://www.britannica.com/topic/soul-religion-and-philosophy 

(I also googled my scriptures.)

I love researching stuff like this! I hope you found my little studies to be interesting and sorry if you found this to be annoying too... I just thought I'd share my findings.. that's all!

On 2/9/2019 at 2:36 PM, Corronna Fly said:

I like to believe that our spirit takes the image of a time when we were happiest. We are surrounded by past loved ones lost. And look upon and guide those who are in the physical world. 

It's what comforts me. 

I've seen people passing that go with a smile on their face as they're greeting loved ones.

On 2/10/2019 at 10:53 PM, jackiea said:

I'm currently a nursing assistant at a nursing home with a lot of dementia patients, which means I see a lot of death. While working night shift I've had a few unexplainable things happen, and many of my coworkers have similar stories, all of which could only be explained by some supernatural force, like spirits. Having experienced these things not only alone but also with other coworkers with me, I have to believe that something happens after death. Or maybe we do just rot in the ground and these forces aren't spirits? Freaky. 

I took care of a man who had a very rough passing, It was going on 2wks. His kids had said he only cared about drugs and paid women. All his children refused to be by his side while he was passing. I couldn't take seeing him suffer anymore so I locked myself in the employee bathroom got down on my knees and asked God to allow me to say the final prayer for him. I got goose bumps all over my body. After I went to go check on another person, a voice in my head told me to check on him. When I got to his room he was gone. I bawled my eyes out.

On 2/6/2019 at 1:11 AM, Onision said:

I agree with this

• Love 1

I believe that we might come back if we have unfinished business or haunt a particular place of familiarity.  Depending on how the person is when they die I guess--if they're one that can easily let go of things, I believe the person will move on but if they're stubborn and set in their ways, they may just wander the Earth aimlessly.

I the other night found a quote from a actress that worked with John Waters in the 70's.

This quote made me think, I will post it and maybe it will resonate with you, maybe not, that's perfectly fine.This was her last quote written/

said before her passing. I have my own opinion, as you do as well... here is Cookie Mueller's. 

cookie-mueller-689783.jpg

Well...I'm a Christian...so I'm pretty hopeful about what happens after we die. I mean, there can be a heaven, right? No one know anything for a 100% fact, but I do like to believe that there is a God and there is a heaven.