Drifter Kane

Secrecy or help for true success?

Question

So which one do you think it is?  Do you think secrecy, subtlety and independence is generally the way for true victory in life?  I know one true way in life is that there is no shame in asking for help but I feel like that is gone kinda...I know a balance of both is good but shouldn't you also pick a side eventually in life?...or does picking a side not really count here?  I'm sure there are other sides to this that I'm not even talking about because there could be so much.  Then again there could be so many sides to things like for example...morality, maybe many sides to no end more than just neutral, evil, and good but enough about sides in general, sheesh, sorry about that, lol.

so my question is what way do you think you need to do and follow in life to really get going and succeed?  I ask because I feel like I have to rectify some life harmonious problems of mine.  I also feel like I wanna expand my realm of knowledge as I like to call it.

Edited by Drifter Kane

6 answers to this question

Your post is a bit vague to give you specific advice regarding your path to success. So I'll give you my personal thoughts of secrecy vs. help. 

If you NEED help get help in any way you can. Don't hesitate in asking for help if you are feeling suicidal. Do not keep harmful suicidal thoughts to yourself (secrecy). 

If it is help for success, be appropriate. When I need help on my own path of success I reach out to the internet looking up "how to" video's or I browse YouTube for people that share their stories or knowledge. You can post in reddit if you need guidance, I have found reddit to be very informative and supportive. I have asked question's in reddit and have had many different answers, that open up my perspective to the path that I need to take to achieve my goals. 

As far as secrecy goes, do not tell everyone your goals or plans. Some people that are close to you may actually be jealous of your success and may try to sabotage your path to success. Instead share your future goals with people that could help you get to the finish line. For example if you want to be a nurse, start surrounding yourself with people who work in the health care field, tell them you want to be a nurse, allow them to show and tell you about their experiences how they got to where they are. Ask them if there's anything they wish they would have done differently. As you acquire knowledge, you have the choice to share and pass down that knowledge to other people. Or you can withhold your knowledge and disperse you wisdom accordingly. My boss once said "Knowledge is power, that's why I keep my knowledge to myself, to remain in a position of power."

If you have to ask yourself whether or not you need to ask for help... I think that might be a sign you need to ask for help.

Asking for help can be so good.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Onision said:

If you have to ask yourself whether or not you need to ask for help... I think that might be a sign you need to ask for help.

Asking for help can be so good.

thanks Greg...*sigh, having help can be so relieving, i know.  

I think it depends on the situation of you can get about your day and succeeding in your own you shouldn't get other people involved (in my opinion) but if you are struggling and you don't think you can get through the specific challenge on your own you probably should ask for help and get other people's opinion since people might have different views on different topics.