Onision

The Gender Debate

People say there are only two genders... my question is, where do agender people come in? You know, the lack of a gender?

Also, what do you think of genders people identify as outside boy or girl?

• Love 2

They are all still valid and should be welcome in the lgbt community. I believe spreading kindness to new members will make a difference. 

19 hours ago, Onision said:

People say there are only two genders... my question is, where do agender people come in? You know, the lack of a gender?

Also, what do you think of genders people identify as outside boy or girl?

I think they’re still valid. I mean who are we to tell them what they can and can’t be? we’re not them, we don’t have that right.

• Like 1

I think feeling as if one has no gender is something that a therapist can help explore with them since they may just be feeling lost at the time. That being said, if the person comes to an conclusion that they do not fit with either gender, then that is valid. Gender fluid people are also valid, but when I see one of those charts with like 30 genders, I think its ridiculous. Not everyone needs a label to describe EXACTLY how they feel. That's what conversation is for!

8053541_orig.png

• Love 1

I'll explain this. (Hypothetical situation) There are 2 types of fruit in the universe: there are bananas and there are strawberries. Every person has one milkshake. Some people have a banana milkshake and some people have a strawberry milkshake. Then you fint this people who have milkshakes that can't be described as a banana milkshake or a strawberry milkshake. The flavor is in between, they have some of both. Some people have half a banana and 3 strawberries, some have 5 strawberries and just one circle slice of banana. They have different percentages of each. Some have more of one than the other, some are right in the middle, either way, none of them can be accurately described as a banana milkshake or a strawberry milkshake. This doesn't disprove the initial statement that there are only 2 fruits in the universe. Of course their milkshakes are completely real and these people's variety of flavors are completely valid, but they're not a third fruit. Non-binary people are somewhere in a scale from femeninity to masculinity, no third gender, yes it is different but you won't find pineaple taste on the strawberry-banana milkshake, even though it doesn't taste like a banana or a strawberry. There is no third gender, or a third sex with it's own genitalia. Gender varies from male to Female and the entire spectrum is valid.

• Love 1

There are 2 sexes (intersex is a medical condition where you're psysically a mix of both) and genders are literally based on sexes... There can't be more, cause where would that be based on? The colour of your socks? (I actually read this somewhere, hilarious and utter bullshit)

If you identify as bigender, you're both male and female, not a 3rd gender

If you identify as genderless/agender, you have no gender (or don't wanna label yourself) how can not having a gender possibly be a gender... lol

If you identify as genderfluid, you switch between male and female (and maybe genderless) but that fluidity is not a different gender, you're both just not at the same time

If you identify as somewhere inbetween male and female, you're still kinda both or leaning towards one

Butch, femme and androgynous are NOT genders, they're gender expressions

Pangender, being ALL genders while there's 2... It's the same as bigender. This is also why pansexuality doesn't exist, if you like both sexes, you're bi, stop being special

Oh and umm... Trans female is not a gender, the whole fucking point is that she's a woman (just born in the wrong body) same as trans male

Edited by E.DEN
  • Love 2

Okay people dont set me on fire here, but I think there are only two genders, but many choices and combinations, like M/F/Bi/Non/ Fluid etc. 

But I also feel that everyone should be made to feel welcomed and happy. There's no reason they shouldn't be made to feel welcomed or happy.

Every Gender choice and feeling is just as valid as every other choice and feeling

18 hours ago, E.DEN said:

There are 2 sexes (intersex is a medical condition where you're psysically a mix of both) and genders are literally based on sexes... There can't be more, cause where would that be based on? The colour of your socks? (I actually read this somewhere, hilarious and utter bullshit)

If you identify as genderless/agender, you have no gender (or don't wanna label yourself) how can not having a gender possibly be a gender... lol

If you identify as genderfluid, you switch between male and female (and maybe genderless) but that fluidity is not a different gender, you're both just not at the same time

If you identify as somewhere inbetween male and female, you're still kinda both or leaning towards one

Pangender, being ALL genders while there's 2... It's the same as bigender. This is also why pansexuality doesn't exist, if you like both sexes, you're bi, stop being special

Oh and umm... Trans female is not a gender, the whole fucking point is that she's a woman (just born in the wrong body) same as trans male

The difference between bi and pan is pan is about being attracted to the mind and not the body, meaning that you don't have a preference of height, eye color, etc. When it comes to being attracted to someone. Bi means that you're attracted to 2 sexes/genders or more (bi people may or may not be attracted to intersex/non-binary people, which are not extra genders but are not one or the other) but it works like heterosexuality: "wow that ass" and you're crazy to band her even if she seems like a bad person. That's the difference. I'm bisexual and my sexual attraction is based on physical aspects.

5 hours ago, Sloppy Mommy said:

Okay people dont set me on fire here, but I think there are only two genders, but many choices and combinations, like M/F/Bi/Non/ Fluid etc. 

But I also feel that everyone should be made to feel welcomed and happy. There's no reason they shouldn't be made to feel welcomed or happy.

Every Gender choice and feeling is just as valid as every other choice and feeling

Exactly but gender is not a choice

18 hours ago, E.DEN said:

And yeah, idk why some people list "trans" as a gender, that's obviously not a gender, wtf

17 minutes ago, Celery Amy said:

Exactly but gender is not a choice

Yes, that's what I meant, everyone should be respected. I just didnt word it very well. 

3 hours ago, Celery Amy said:

The difference between bi and pan is pan is about being attracted to the mind and not the body, meaning that you don't have a preference of height, eye color, etc. When it comes to being attracted to someone. Bi means that you're attracted to 2 sexes/genders or more (bi people may or may not be attracted to intersex/non-binary people, which are not extra genders but are not one or the other) but it works like heterosexuality: "wow that ass" and you're crazy to band her even if she seems like a bad person. That's the difference. I'm bisexual and my sexual attraction is based on physical aspects.

That's not how it works for most tho... Body, face, style etc are just there to grab your attention, personality is what makes you fall for someone. I feel turned off if a girl turns out to be a bitch (don't care how hot she is, if she's ugly on the inside, I become blind to her looks) it doesn't work the other way around, if you have a pretty soul but aren't good looking, you're staying in the friendzone. Most bisexuals I met actually identify as bi since they don't care for genitals (unlike most gay and straight people) pansexual is seriously a dumb label and biphobic (the assumption that bisexuals only date cis people while pans would date trans people as well, tho most don't give a damn since they like both sexes anyway)

Btw I'm a lesbian

3 hours ago, E.DEN said:

That's not how it works for most tho... Body, face, style etc are just there to grab your attention, personality is what makes you fall for someone. I feel turned off if a girl turns out to be a bitch (don't care how hot she is, if she's ugly on the inside, I become blind to her looks) it doesn't work the other way around, if you have a pretty soul but aren't good looking, you're staying in the friendzone. Most bisexuals I met actually identify as bi since they don't care for genitals (unlike most gay and straight people) pansexual is seriously a dumb label and biphobic (the assumption that bisexuals only date cis people while pans would date trans people as well, tho most don't give a damn since they like both sexes anyway)

Btw I'm a lesbian

Exactly, for most people it doesnt work that way, you see a hot girl in a magazine and get turned on without knowing anything about her. But for a minority of people it does work that way, just like a small minority of people can't be attracted to anyone. They're odd sexualities but yeah, they're their own thing. It does suck that people think bisexuals would only date cis people. The difference is I can hate someone and still think they're hot even though I would never date them. But yeah, we need to clear up to society that bisexuality does include dating genderqueer people.

4 hours ago, gracexiststill said:

I think there are two genders, and agender / nb is the lack of gender,,, so yeah 

Non-binary isn't always agender, sometimes it's somewhere in the spectrum, leaning towards one of the 2 genders

The dictionary defines as...

either of the two sexes (male and female), especially when considered with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones. The term is also used more broadly to denote a range of identities that do not correspond to established ideas of male and female.

This is inclusive of other genders. It also points out gender relates to social and cultural differences opening up more possibilities.