AmazingDiana

Hello im Diana. I'm a health care aide

I'm a health care aide. I've noticed alot of people leaving posts asking about health. Or just questions in general about the body. 

Now I can't diagnosis. But I can give tips or try and help out. 

Message below or my inbox. I'm here to help! 

• Love 2

Do you have any advice for sciatic nerve pain? I have an appointment this upcoming Wednesday but the pain is getting worse as the days go on. It starts from my lower back shoots all the way down my right leg into my toes. The past 3 days it has traveled up to my right shoulder down through my right arm. It has made my right hand weak I dropped the juice container because my hand gave out. It's disheartening to be this weak and in so much pain. 

I would love any kind of pain relief advice! 

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, Corronna Fly said:

Do you have any advice for sciatic nerve pain? I have an appointment this upcoming Wednesday but the pain is getting worse as the days go on. It starts from my lower back shoots all the way down my right leg into my toes. The past 3 days it has traveled up to my right shoulder down through my right arm. It has made my right hand weak I dropped the juice container because my hand gave out. It's disheartening to be this weak and in so much pain. 

I actually do have advice. The scaitic nerve pain is usually 80% of the time because the piriformis muscle has contracted. This tiny muscle is layered over top of your nerve which is as thick as your thumb. 

Try these excercises to help relieve the pressure. Take an Epsom salt bath.. and most importantly drink water after these excercises to help replenish your body. 

https://youtu.be/ip0xXylip0xXylORVM

Good luck! Let me know how it helps! 

Don't take my advice over a doctors, but this might help you feel better. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, AmazingDiana said:

I actually do have advice. The scaitic nerve pain is usually 80% of the time because the piriformis muscle has contracted. This tiny muscle is layered over top of your nerve which is as thick as your thumb. 

Try these excercises to help relieve the pressure. Take an Epsom salt bath.. and most importantly drink water after these excercises to help replenish your body. 

https://youtu.be/ip0xXylip0xXylORVM

Good luck! Let me know how it helps! 

Don't take my advice over a doctors, but this might help you feel better. 

Thank you so much for the fast response! I'm gonna try what the video said and I dont have any Epsom salt at the moment but when I make a target run I'll get some. I dont know anything about Epsom salt, but I'll try it! I'll keep you posted about how my appointment goes!

One more question, do you recommend a certain over the counter pain medication? I have ibuprofen, tylenol and aleve but I really dont know which one is best.

• Love 1

12 minutes ago, Corronna Fly said:

Thank you so much for the fast response! I'm gonna try what the video said and I dont have any Epsom salt at the moment but when I make a target run I'll get some. I dont know anything about Epsom salt, but I'll try it! I'll keep you posted about how my appointment goes!

One more question, do you recommend a certain over the counter pain medication? I have ibuprofen, tylenol and aleve but I really dont know which one is best.

Aleve is the best in my mind. But each helps with certain problems. Like tylonel is more for inflammation... and where Advil is for pain.

Espom salts help with pain response, go for a long bubble bath with a cup or two of Epsom salts in the water. It does wonders. Add lavender and your ready to sleep. 

Good luck! 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

On Friday, February 08, 2019 at 8:15 PM, Corronna Fly said:

I have the same problem going on. It's the worse pain I've ever felt. Mine was the piriformis muscle. Don't do what I did and wait to get help. I waited so long I'm having to retrain muscle that I'm pretty sure I lost from muscle atrophy. My leg got so bad it would give out when I was on it for longer than a minute. I finally gave in and went to see a chiropractor. He got me to where I was walking again in about 7 visits over 5wks.  My muscle is still sore but it's getting stronger every day. Now I'm back on track to my hiking goals. The stretches and yoga also help. If you search around you might be able to find a chiropractor that charges cheaper rates. Mine charges $37 a visit I just told myself it's the price of going out.