Person

Your opinion on social media in general.

What do you think about social media, is it good or bad? What do you think the future of YouTube will be?

I like that I can talk to anyone, anywhere in the world. Don't exactly like that Facebook has been trying to get information outside of their app (data from your internet history and such). 

Also YouTube seems to be veering from it's userbase to a more corporation friendly site. I think it's going to continue to go down the big business path it so desperately wants. 

• Like 3

Social Media is full of douchebags, but there are some good eggs still left, so I guess I can't complain too much. As for YouTube, it won't last long if they keep demonetizing content creators. 

• Like 4

I love social media. But you have to becareful who you associate yourself with.. 

It's actually sad how many people commit suicide because of cyber bullying

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, LizardQueen said:

It connects us but also divides us.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Mainstream social media can be such a negative place, it really sent me into an anxiety ridden tizzy myself. That's why I recently backed off, and came here in hopes of not becoming a total social recluse and finding some positive people to connect with! 

• Like 2

I think, like anything, it has its upside and its downside. On one hand it's a great tool to keep in touch with people and make new friends. On the other hand it's a cesspool of negativity and trolls. Some people have a really good experience with social media and others get cyberbullied. (of course there's a spectrum when it comes to how it effects people. grey area.)

• Like 1

social media gives us the power to connect with anyone across the world.

but it also gives us the power to put on a disguise and portray our lives in inauthentic ways.

we've never documented our lives this much. 

there is a mind-blowing amount of information and documentation of our cultures and societies out there, and it's fascinating.

but we're also at this peak of incredibly contrived personalities that exist 24/7 and distort our perception of humanity.

furthermore, we've never been this connected & this isolated at the same time.

it's a double-edged sword.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Cloudy said:

social media gives us the power to connect with anyone across the world.

but it also gives us the power to put on a disguise and portray our lives in inauthentic ways.

we've never documented our lives this much. 

there is a mind-blowing amount of information and documentation of our cultures and societies out there, and it's fascinating.

but we're also at this peak of incredibly contrived personalities that exist 24/7 and distort our perception of humanity.

furthermore, we've never been this connected & this isolated at the same time.

it's a double-edged sword.

It's so true. I get social aniexty just having someone talk to me. I'm moving from a big city to a small town and one of the neighbours came by to offer apples .. I had a heart attack that a stranger was at the door. But that's completely normal In a small town.. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AmazingDiana said:

It's so true. I get social aniexty just having someone talk to me. I'm moving from a big city to a small town and one of the neighbours came by to offer apples .. I had a heart attack that a stranger was at the door. But that's completely normal In a small town.. 

this is so relatable.

sometimes i don't leave my house for a week and don't even speak a word for days on end because i chat a lot but use voice chat rarely.

without social media i would be extremely lonely, but in a way i wonder if it also enables me.

• Like 1

Just now, Cloudy said:

this is so relatable.

sometimes i don't leave my house for a week and don't even speak a word for days on end because i chat a lot but use voice chat rarely.

without social media i would be extremely lonely, but in a way i wonder if it also enables me.

Technology has taken over.r groceries can be delivered. Food can be delivered. Even medicine can be delivered. Who needs to leave their house. 

• Like 1

I think it depends on how you use it. If you use Twitter for example to spread hate..then I don't like it. But if you use social media in a mature way I'll enjoy it more. As for the future of YouTube..I hope it improves in some ways, but it isn't too bad.

• Like 1

The internet and social media especially are a frontier of sorts. The wild west if you will. And with that comes great progress and of course casualties. With it, it brings change and with change comes death and destruction. All we can do really is try to protect ourselves the people we love.

I think it's a great tool that can do some pretty wonderful things. But I also think that as a society we weren't ready for it's responsibility.