Aristotle

What is the worst lie anyone has ever told you?

I will go first...

Without going too much into the backstory, when I met my boyfriend he lied to me about 3 things right off the bat: his age (he told me he was 29, he was 38), his marital status (his wife died from OD, she did not), and a child (he said he had no kids).

I found out 2 years later...when his "wife" contacted me.

Broke-up. Didn't listen to what he had to say for months, then finally sat down with him because I couldn't get past my feeling for him.

Found out his wife is kind of crazy and that they were separated for years before I met him, he missed his son very much but was scared to tell me because my ex was an ass with a kid - so I didn't want to deal with that, and that he thought I would never consider him if I knew his real age. All of those were valid points, so I took him back. BUT doesn't change the fact that it was really hard for me to trust him after that...for a while. I think only within the last year we've been getting back to normal.

FYI, in June it will be 5 years since we're together, he's 41 and I'm 25 - and we are two peas in a pod.

Lesson: Don't give up on true love.

• Like 1

I was told by my ex that he fucked a girl when he went out with friends and then he said he was lying to hurt me. 

I know that He wouldn't have had the guts to fuck someone else which made for the worst lie. He was completely dependent on me and was afraid to leave the apartment. I had to talk him into even hanging out with friends the night he said he fucked someone else 😂 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, AmazingDiana said:

I'll be fine 

-my mom on the phone 2 hours before her death

Oh god...I'm so sorry.

in HS there was a rumor that i had gotten an abortion, while at the same time, everyone told me i was too ugly to get a partner, so...

I had a girlfriend collecting thousands of dollars monthly from me who was actively getting pregnant with another guy.

She threatened to throw herself off a building at one point during that time because, as I recall, I was questioning her loyalty. 

• Sad 1

“I love you, I still want to get married and have babies together one day, I’ll see you in two weeks” 

-the last thing he said to my face before he moved to Florida 

theres a lot more to the story but I’ll leave it at that 

I'll never hurt you -mom

I'll never leave you and never see my son- my ex 

I'll be fine-my mom 2 hours before she passed. 

Lies happen. 

When i was a kid I moved to Florida and my dad stayed in Massachusetts until he could sell his business.  He lived with my aunt and he took my bunny with him because it was hard for us to travel and move the first time with all the animals-  we already had a cat and a bird and 3 fish all in the moving truck lol, plus 3 kids and my mom moving across the country on her own.  so my dad kept the bunny and was supposed to take care of it for us and then bring my rabbit with him when he finally sold the business and joined us in florida.  well, it took him WAY longer to sell his business than we thought it would and he ended up being stuck in massachusetts for  a year and us on our own with just mom for that year -- we ended up going back to massachusetts at christmas b/c my dad should have been there by now and wanted to spend the holiday together.  
first off, he didnt even tell me he didnt have my bunny anymore- i found out by us visiting and me as a 9 or 10 year old excitedly wanting to go outside and see my bunny.  i literally went outside and bunny wasnt there anymore.    
THEN when i asked, he lied and told me the bunny ran away.   i didnt find out that he actually lied about it until years later - i always had a suspicion but never could confirm it-- years later as a teenager i asked my cousin about it and she said yea, he sold her to someone because he got tired of taking care of her.    
honestly, i wish he had told me the truth-- i still would have been upset- but at least i would rather know that my bunny had a home somewhere and wasnt lost out in the woods on her own probably getting eaten by a wild animal.  
theres also another time my dad lost my kittens when i was on vacation with my mom  but he was able to find them and get them back before i got home.  he told me they were fine when i asked about them on the phone but then i overheard my moms end of a phone call with him that gave away that everything certainly was NOT fine (and then even after he found them  i spent the rest of the vacation having a panic attack wanting to get back home because i didnt trust him to watch over them)  honestly, everytime i left my dad to watch over one of my animals, something shitty happened and he never would just tell me the truth about it.  which doesnt help when you have an anxiety disorder and then not knowing the truth you just make up the worst scenario in your head anyways.  

My long distance ex boyfriend tried to break up with me by acting as a family member and telling me he was in a coma and likely going to die.

It didn't take me long to find holes in this plan, like he didn't turn his snapchat map off, but like I believed it at first and was devastated. I even tried to send him flowers.

Like bruh, wtf, how is that a better idea than just talking to me like an adult. Especially since I always kind of even open up opportunities to have honest discussions about my relationships. I'm pretty chill about stuff like that, I'm still good friends with my other ex's even.

I've been avoiding long distance relationships since this happened. 

On 2/9/2019 at 7:09 PM, Cloudy said:

in HS there was a rumor that i had gotten an abortion, while at the same time, everyone told me i was too ugly to get a partner, so...

Damn... Reminds me of all the people who called me a slut, yet I'm still a virgin as I'm writing this... Also back then I was still closeted and shy af like...?

2 hours ago, E.DEN said:

Damn... Reminds me of all the people who called me a slut, yet I'm still a virgin as I'm writing this... Also back then I was still closeted and shy af like...?

It's like when men call women sluts for not sleeping with them... :classic_blink:

I don’t have any specific lies in mind, I kind of just learned to leave the past in the past. 

44 minutes ago, Cloudy said:

It's like when men call women sluts for not sleeping with them... :classic_blink:

This

I had a rumor spread about me that I was whore, after I didn’t sleep with someone. Not sure that’s how that works but ok 🙂

my online friends n i recently found out we had been group catfished for abt 10+ years, the whole thing is so fucked up n it went on so long and for nothin n the girl is so ill... most of us all parted ways it was too much for us to handle, some friendships didnt last, the ptsd was too real

Edited by ixchelle
sigh