Onision

Ideas On How To Help Eugenia Cooney

Hello! So I used to make videos educating people on anorexia, specifically in regards to Eugenia Cooney - Since I began making those videos, her condition did not get any better - so clearly me making videos isn't helping her (they did help tons of other people, but this is about Eugenia) ~

So I'm not making videos about her anymore as it does not help her --- my question is, how CAN we help her? Any ideas?

1673795838_Image001.jpg.6a84a8288909b13ce94e072af75d7de7.jpg

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, madxprofessor said:

Just walk awae. You do not kno de wae.

A lot of people have walked away from her.
That also did not help.

• Like 8
  • Sad 2

17 minutes ago, Onision said:

That also did not help.

Perhaps you guys need to try a more loving and nurturing approach. 

• Sad 2

I'm so heart broken for this sweet girl.  I don't know too much about her online presence other than what's already been brought to light, but I hope her current absence IS because she's realized she needs some help concerning what's going on with her.  She shouldn't suffer alone. 😐

I recall her doing a YouNow broadcast and think she did address some concerns about her weight, so she does at the very least acknowledge that she's got a weight issue. It's just so heart-breaking to see how bad it's gotten. 😐

• Sad 2

19 minutes ago, Onision said:

That also did not help.

Exactly.  She needs an intervention. 😕

It's gotten to the point where there's no other option. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I’m of the opinion that nothing is going to change until someone is faced with taking responsibility for real life repercussions that amount to monetary loss or the loss of life. As soon as some big wigs are held accountable where it hurts them (more often their wallet or professional repertoire) then change will be forced.  You could stage a boycott of her content and call to those who have legitimately been impacted by her influence to join the cause. Or, a more over the edge solution, stage the death or near death of an “affected” follower, but that’s way devious.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, QuirkyGemini said:

Exactly.  She needs an intervention. 😕

It's gotten to the point where there's no other option. 

Exactly, a call to boycott her content until she addresses her condition or pledges to seek treatment or both might be the intervention she needs.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

not making videos about her wont help in the long run, bring attention to her will at least cause more people to want to help her - if that makes since. I say make as much noise about her as possible, dont stop.

• Sad 1

im not sure but idk she has to know eating is OK. it feels so much better to feel alive also instead of feeling faint all the time. she needs someone, just one person to actually treat her properly, human, and show her there’s only one body for this short time limit on earth..i dont think its her mom and that’s incredibly tough. therapy? nobody can force her though so idk

• Sad 1

Unfortauntely I don’t think there is anything we can do. Only those closest to her at this point can really intervene. In her most recent video, her arms are literally just skin and bone. If she doesn’t get help from her mom or brother or somebody close to her soon she will die. 

• Sad 1

To be honest, I think the only way to fix the situation will probably be court ordered medical attention. I just don't understand why her family and friends don't help her. There is the possibility that she does have a medical condition other than anorexia, but didn't she publicly state that she didn't? It's unlikely that she doesn't have an eating disorder if you ask me..she's just been getting worse. So, is there any way to get her court ordered help? I think if she can get well she'll have a bright future ahead of her. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I don't have any idea. I really wish her family would help her. Something isn't right. Her mom is always in her videos...I wish she'd help her. Maybe someone could get something ordered by police or the courts. But I really don't know...its sad and crazy. Eugenia seems like a nice girl and she could have an amazing life. I want her to get help. 😩

• Sad 1

Best thing to do is ignore her. She feeds off negative and positive compliments. 

Once she's not getting that validation... She might stop idolizing her body and get some help

• Sad 1

eugenia can only get help if is she ready herself but she’s become so consumed by this that she’s not herself anymore. It’s devastating to watch. Frankly you can’t really force anyone who won’t admit they are struggling and need help to get help because it makes them feel like they aren’t in control of themselves. I wish her family would do something about this and It would be shitty if something happened to her... 😕 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, LizardQueen said:

eugenia can only get help if is she ready herself but she’s become so consumed by this that she’s not herself anymore. It’s devastating to watch. Frankly you can’t really force anyone who won’t admit they are struggling and need help to get help because it makes them feel like they aren’t in control of themselves. I wish her family would do something about this and It would be shitty if something happened to her... 😕 

I personally.. knowing my family and how is operated... The mother is fat and probably wishes she was as small as eugina. And eugina doesn't want to gain weight in fear of becoming as big as her mom and brother... 

That's just my theory. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, AmazingDiana said:

I personally.. knowing my family and how is operated... The mother is fat and probably wishes she was as small as eugina. And eugina doesn't want to gain weight in fear of becoming as big as her mom and brother... 

That's just my theory. 

I think tbh something may have happened to Eugenia in her childhood that could have also triggered an eating disorder like bullying,trouble at home,abuse etc but we don’t know everything that happened to her in her youth. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, LizardQueen said:

I think tbh something may have happened to Eugenia in her childhood that could have also triggered an eating disorder like bullying,trouble at home,abuse etc but we don’t know everything that happened to her in her youth. 

She doesn't mention her dad alot. But again we can't assume. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, AmazingDiana said:

She doesn't mention her dad alot. But again we can't assume. 

It’s just a theory and speculation. 

• Sad 1

On 1/29/2019 at 10:38 PM, Onision said:

That also did not help.

Bruh you can't help someone who doesn't want help. *AdLib professionalism rant and leaves forum*

• Sad 1

Just send her positivity and support. Telling her she needs to get better when we don't know what's going on behind the scenes won't help. 

Just send love, not aggression. 

• Sad 1

She's not going to listen to a bunch of strangers on the internet. Pressure her friends and family to help her. She's much more likely to listen to them.

• Sad 1

as someone with an eating disorder.

there's not a lot you can do to help.

in fact i would say you can't do anything at all.

she doesn't want to get better. she refuses to acknowledge that she has a problem at all.

i wish she could get committed to a hospital against her will, but she's an adult.

one day inevitably we'll get the news of her death, there's no way around it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1