Peacefulfaerie

Eugenia Cooney could be getting help, finally!

58 minutes ago, Mae said:

I’m sorry but that sounds pretty harmful to the recovery process. Recovery is hard  enough without the world watching and should be kept private between her, her doctors and her closest loved ones. 

Her life is on the internet. Her fans are all concerned were all going to want to know. Being in the public eye means being in the public eye. Even if it's just a picture on instagram. 

11 minutes ago, AmazingDiana said:

Her life is on the internet. Her fans are all concerned were all going to want to know. Being in the public eye means being in the public eye. Even if it's just a picture on instagram. 

Here is the thing though, if she does get help and is able to gain weight, it's going to take a very very long time for her to feel comfortable in her body. At the end of the day, even though it was killing her, because of the eating disorder, if she is able to gain weight, it could take a very long time for her to learn to love herself at a normal weight. I think seeing how she looked before she got help may be triggering to her and uploading videos and photos of herself during recovery could cause her to compare the new content to how she used to look and trigger a relapse. When I began gaining weight, I remember clearly looking down at my legs and thinking they looked HUGE. To me they looked bigger tHan when I was healthy. I was so used to seeing my body severely underweight that it had become almost normal, so when I began gaining weight, in comparison to when I was 70lb, my legs looked massive to me. Because I didn't have an eating disorder, I was able to rationally understand that I was wrong. Before I got sick I weighed about 120lb and wore a size 4 or 6....so it was impossible that my legs looked bigger at 85-90lb than when I was 120, it was because I was used to seeing my body horribly thin for so long that my perspective was skewed. I cannot imagine someone with anorexia having to deal with that and then uploading videos and photos in the midst of such hard changes.

• Like 2

I'm happy for her, she'd inspire so many people, I just hope she doesn't get much hate when she returns. Idk if she'll be back a healthy weight ir if she'll be out when she proves she's mentally recovered and will carry her physical recovery on. Either way, I wish her the best.

• Like 2

I hope she decides to remove herself from social media all together or drastically reduce her screen time. It's too toxic for her and will only lead to a relapse. I truly hope she's seeking help and has a full recovery. I also hope people respect her wishes and just give her privacy while she sorts her life out. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, alexsis.dimarzio@yahoo.com said:

@Peacefulfaerie Yea, doing me, doing my thing(whatever that may be). Thanks for asking that's sweet of you. 

Hope you're having a great day/night ! ❤️😊

Night could be better but I'm taking a moment to relax with a quick episode of Supernatural before I head off to sleep. ^_^

7 minutes ago, Celery Amy said:

I'm happy for her, she'd inspire so many people, I just hope she doesn't get much hate when she returns. Idk if she'll be back a healthy weight ir if she'll be out when she proves she's mentally recovered and will carry her physical recovery on. Either way, I wish her the best.

That's actually what I'm concerned about, like I wonder how people will react to seeing her look healthy after so many years. I hope they go easy on her, but the best case scenario is she could disable comments for the first few videos if she decides to document it.

• Like 1

What a amazing breakthrough for her. It pains my heart, and so many more to see her to continue to suffer, and get worse through these passing months. I hope she does tell the truth to her doctor, she is in the right step of direction. Much love to her ♥ 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, LizzyAnn said:

I hope she decides to remove herself from social media all together or drastically reduce her screen time. It's too toxic for her and will only lead to a relapse. I truly hope she's seeking help and has a full recovery. I also hope people respect her wishes and just give her privacy while she sorts her life out. 

Hmm I wrote a reply to this and hit post but it didn't work. Take two. I totally agree with this. Her returning and seeing the videos and photos of herself at her lowest weight will be extremely triggering for awhile, those feelings take a long time to learn to cope and control. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Kai said:

What a amazing breakthrough for her. It pains my heart, and so many more to see her to continue to suffer, and get worse through these passing months. I hope she does tell the truth to her doctor, she is in the right step of direction. Much love to her ♥ 

I agree. I truly hope she is in a hospital setting. With her physical state, I'd imagine they would need to stabilize her medically before being able to completely focus on the mental health portion. Finding amazing and caring doctors can be such a daunting task and often people who end up with less than stellar doctors end up giving up instead of finding the right one. When I first got sick, the doctor assumed I had an eating disorder and treated me terribly. Had I actually of had an eating disorder I would of never trusted doctors again. I remember years after I had this experience, I was hospitalized again and was admitted to the same doctor.  Only this time, I had been to the mayo clinic and received a proper diagnosis for my condition so this doctor acted completely different with me. He was kind and engaged and sympathetic and clearly had no memory of having me as a patient in the past or the terrible way he treated me when he thought I had an eating disorder. Hopefully she is in great hands 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, LizzyAnn said:

She will stay off social media.

17 minutes ago, Peacefulfaerie said:

Night could be better but I'm taking a moment to relax with a quick episode of Supernatural before I head off to sleep. ^_^

That's actually what I'm concerned about, like I wonder how people will react to seeing her look healthy after so many years. I hope they go easy on her, but the best case scenario is she could disable comments for the first few videos if she decides to document it.

She won't document it if a doctor saw her, she's locked up in a recovery center so I don't think she's even allowed to. That's why she said she'd stay off social media, and didn't even give an aproximate time, but when she's done, she'll come back to YouTube because it's her passion and her job.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lia said:

I agree. I truly hope she is in a hospital setting. With her physical state, I'd imagine they would need to stabilize her medically before being able to completely focus on the mental health portion. Finding amazing and caring doctors can be such a daunting task and often people who end up with less than stellar doctors end up giving up instead of finding the right one. When I first got sick, the doctor assumed I had an eating disorder and treated me terribly. Had I actually of had an eating disorder I would of never trusted doctors again. I remember years after I had this experience, I was hospitalized again and was admitted to the same doctor.  Only this time, I had been to the mayo clinic and received a proper diagnosis for my condition so this doctor acted completely different with me. He was kind and engaged and sympathetic and clearly had no memory of having me as a patient in the past or the terrible way he treated me when he thought I had an eating disorder. Hopefully she is in great hands 

Well coming from a person that had a life threatening eating disorder that was hospitalized, she is at the point of a long recovery. Most likely she will have a feeding tube put in her, multiple heart scans, IVs, and overnight stay in a hospital till she is transferred to a clinic that specializes in ED. She is going to have a long, hard road ahead of her full of tears, happiness and regret. But I do wish the best for her, it saddens me that she has gotten this bad. It's a shame that people in her life didn't have the power or the heart to admit her involuntarily, but she can make a full recovery. I'm sure of it!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kai said:

Well coming from a person that had a life threatening eating disorder that was hospitalized, she is at the point of a long recovery. Most likely she will have a feeding tube put in her, multiple heart scans, IVs, and overnight stay in a hospital till she is transferred to a clinic that specializes in ED. She is going to have a long, hard road ahead of her full of tears, happiness and regret. But I do wish the best for her, it saddens me that she has gotten this bad. It's a shame that people in her life didn't have the power or the heart to admit her involuntarily, but she can make a full recovery. I'm sure of it!

How long do you think it would take?

Just now, Celery Amy said:

How long do you think it would take?

It took me a few months almost a year for recovery. At my lowest I was 5"6 and 70 pounds. She is 5"9, and I don't even want to think about how small she is. I think it may take a year, maybe more to get to a healthy weight. Because the physical part isn't the issue because you can't force her to get better or to eat, because when she gets to a "healthy" weight she'll just relapse. Mental health and getting through the Body dismorphia, the disorder, and the root of why this ED started is what takes the longest. Plus the in and out hospital visits and the consistency of being watched by nurses or whoever is all the more mentally draining. Depends on the person, typically however long it took you to get that way, is the minimum amount of time to get you better.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kai said:

Yeah, I can relate in a similar way. I couldn't eat food for 8 years due to a medical condition, so I've been through all the medical and physical affects of starvation and malnutrition. Before I was properly diagnosed they tried a feeding tube and then a peg tube was placed surgically but that didn't work because my artery is blocking my stomach, therefore the feeding tube and peg tube would back up as it had nowhere to go. I had a picc line and was placed on TPN infusions 14 hours a day for 8 years to keep me alive. My malnutrition caused my potassium to drop so low, below 1.8, that I was at risk for going into cardiac arrest a few times and that was terrifying. And painful. I.v potassium is just horrific lol. Because what was wrong with me was so rare, a lot of doctors initially thought I had an eating disorder and while I struggled in the past with unhealthy body image and restricting, it wasnt what was going on. I am finally gaining weight back and improving but have permanent heart damage and my periods stopped gosh, 9 years ago now, and never came back. 

I have a question for you. Did they ever consider going the TPN route with you? I'd imagine long term that isn't something they do but in the short term it seems a better move to stabilize someone as underweight as her. With me I had to go literally years without so much as a bite of food so my digestive system basically stopped functioning normally, and I know re feeding syndrome and gastroperesis is also common with eating disorders as well. I just wonder if they go the TPN route to get nutrition in to stabilize and then after they attempt using a feeding tube or peg tube placement

13 hours ago, Lia said:

Hmm I wrote a reply to this and hit post but it didn't work. Take two. I totally agree with this. Her returning and seeing the videos and photos of herself at her lowest weight will be extremely triggering for awhile, those feelings take a long time to learn to cope and control. 

I absolutely agree! It would be for the best if she decided to stay off social media for the foreseeable future. 

I really, really hope she does. Shes a young beautiful and nice girl that deserve long happy life. I hope she gets it. :)

• Like 1

Oh wow that's amazing! One thing I wonder tho... If she aknowledged her illness and is willing to get help, why did she still share that video? (the one that got the whole internet creeped out)

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, E.DEN said:

Oh wow that's amazing! One thing I wonder tho... If she aknowledged her illness and is willing to get help, why did she still share that video? (the one that got the whole internet creeped out)

What video? The one of her Kairi cosplay?