Carmen24U

I decided to start the BTS Jimin diet.

Question

Well since my family and friends have been pressuring me to lose weight ever since I can remember I tried numerous ways of losing weight but none of then worked.

This morning I decided to start the BTS Jimin. For those of you who don't know what it is it's basically a diet where I can only have 1 meal during 10 days with minimal snacks (less that 200 calories) throughout each day.

I wanted to ask you what you think about this. My family thinks it's a good idea if it'll help me lose weight but my friends all think it's a bad idea since it can cause eating disorders and honestly I don't know what to believe anymore.

• No 2

12 answers to this question

I don't think you should do it. Eating 1 meal during 10 days is the opposite of healthy. It might help you loose a little weight if thats what you want, but it will make you sick. Instead you should eat 3 healthy meals a day. 3 meals in 1 day, healthy meals. Make sense?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I would strongly suggest not doing this. BTS and all Korean idols have to have a strict diet because there is an image they have to maintain. As a result they may look healthy but they're prone to getting sick more often. You're not a celebrity, and anyone who encourages the diet is not in their right mind. Please take care of yourself the right way with a balanced diet and exercise. Talk to a doctor if you need solid advice on how to lose weight appropriately if you feel it's something you need to do.

Edited by Peacefulfaerie
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Peacefulfaerie said:

I would strongly suggest not doing this. BTS and all Korean idols have to have a strict diet because there is an image they have to maintain. As a result they may look healthy but they're prone to getting sick more often. You're not a celebrity, and anyone who encourages the diet is not in their right mind. Please take care of yourself the right way with a balanced diet and exercise. Talk to a doctor if you need solid advice on how to lose weight appropriately if you feel it's something you need to do.

I did talk to a doctor they told me to keep exercising and earing healthy foods. I do work out at least 2 hours each day and I already eat little to no food so I don't really see any risks in actually not eating at all.

4 minutes ago, Carmen24U said:

I did talk to a doctor they told me to keep exercising and earing healthy foods. I do work out at least 2 hours each day and I already eat little to no food so I don't really see any risks in actually not eating at all.

Not eating at all will result in you having an eating disorder, and it can go one of two ways. You will either end up like Eugenia, oblivious to people screaming for you to get help because you'll think you're "fine", or you'll be like Amberlynn, who is on the other side of the spectrum. You can't just up and go "well, that's it, I quit eating." because that on it's own shows early signs if you having a problem. I'm not trying to be a dick, but what I'm saying is, don't be stupid. Follow your doctor's advice and eat three meals a day, find out what foods make you feel good, and what makes you feel worse, and then stick to it. Don't look up to these foreign celebrities (or even American celebrities like Victoria's Secret models) for eating habits. BTS work day and night, rehearsing until they pass out (literally), and it's only now that they can just dig into whatever food they want because they burn enough calories every day to make up for it. There are people who will care about you, there are people who will shove the truth in your face every day because they don't want to see you go downhill. It takes time to lose weight, but don't do it because of pressure, lose weight because it's what YOU want.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Carmen24U said:

It sounds like you’ve already made up your mind, but I’d encourage you to read some scientific, academic, peer-reviewed articles on why fasting can be harmful, especially for 10 days straight. It is not a sustainable “diet” and once you start eating normally again, you’re going to gain weight back. Also, when you let yourself go that long without food and get that hungry, you’re super likely to binge. 

Speaking from my own personal experience as someone with an ED, this is not a road you want to go down. Unless you want to make your life a lot harder.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Peacefulfaerie said:

Not eating at all will result in you having an eating disorder, and it can go one of two ways. You will either end up like Eugenia, oblivious to people screaming for you to get help because you'll think you're "fine", or you'll be like Amberlynn, who is on the other side of the spectrum. You can't just up and go "well, that's it, I quit eating." because that on it's own shows early signs if you having a problem. I'm not trying to be a dick, but what I'm saying is, don't be stupid. Follow your doctor's advice and eat three meals a day, find out what foods make you feel good, and what makes you feel worse, and then stick to it. Don't look up to these foreign celebrities (or even American celebrities like Victoria's Secret models) for eating habits. BTS work day and night, rehearsing until they pass out (literally), and it's only now that they can just dig into whatever food they want because they burn enough calories every day to make up for it. There are people who will care about you, there are people who will shove the truth in your face every day because they don't want to see you go downhill. It takes time to lose weight, but don't do it because of pressure, lose weight because it's what YOU want.

I did do what my doctor told me. Ive been doing all this for almost a year now and nothing had changed I lost about 5 pounds. In almost a year. I dont think thats how losing weight works but by now I think I lost faith in any doctor who says they can help me lose weight and I honestly think I'm ready to fuck with my whole life it whatever's left of it

1 minute ago, Carmen24U said:

I did do what my doctor told me. Ive been doing all this for almost a year now and nothing had changed I lost about 5 pounds. In almost a year. I dont think thats how losing weight works but by now I think I lost faith in any doctor who says they can help me lose weight and I honestly think I'm ready to fuck with my whole life it whatever's left of it

It's like Cipher said, please do some research and then maybe look into seeking professional help from a therapist. Again, I'm not trying to be rude, but I honestly am beginning to wonder how old you are or what has driven you other than peer pressure to be this way. It's concerning.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Peacefulfaerie said:

It's like Cipher said, please do some research and then maybe look into seeking professional help from a therapist. Again, I'm not trying to be rude, but I honestly am beginning to wonder how old you are or what has driven you other than peer pressure to be this way. It's concerning.

Trust me I have done all the research I could I tried losing weight in every possible weight during my whole life but it never worked it even seemed that I was gaining more weight.

Ive been overweight my whole life and people have always shamed me for looking the way info and I've always tried to change the way I look in order to stop that but again it never worked out.

Just now, Carmen24U said:

Trust me I have done all the research I could I tried losing weight in every possible weight during my whole life but it never worked it even seemed that I was gaining more weight.

Ive been overweight my whole life and people have always shamed me for looking the way info and I've always tried to change the way I look in order to stop that but again it never worked out.

Hmm... Let's start with the basics, what do you actually weigh and what is your height? Because oftentimes what could be seen as overweight in our own eyes, is completely normal in another person's. For instance, I'm 189lbs, I know I'm overweight, I acknowledge it and so did the doctor I went to when I was trying to get meds for PCOS because they said the heavier you are, the worse it gets. They're not wrong but unfortunately, they weren't 100% right either because I lost a good 15 pounds a year or two back and it made no difference, it didn't make symptoms less or improve my emotional state, nothing. It just made me overall feel physically better and less inclined to binge-eat when I'm bored (like honestly, I ate a whole can of salted almonds once because I was zoned out watching Ouija board videos on YouTube. ._. )

9 minutes ago, Peacefulfaerie said:

Hmm... Let's start with the basics, what do you actually weigh and what is your height? Because oftentimes what could be seen as overweight in our own eyes, is completely normal in another person's. For instance, I'm 189lbs, I know I'm overweight, I acknowledge it and so did the doctor I went to when I was trying to get meds for PCOS because they said the heavier you are, the worse it gets. They're not wrong but unfortunately, they weren't 100% right either because I lost a good 15 pounds a year or two back and it made no difference, it didn't make symptoms less or improve my emotional state, nothing. It just made me overall feel physically better and less inclined to binge-eat when I'm bored (like honestly, I ate a whole can of salted almonds once because I was zoned out watching Ouija board videos on YouTube. ._. )

I currently weigh a shameful amount of 230 pounds and I'm standing at 5 foot 8 inches which I'm pretty sure would he considered overweight in most people's minds

7 minutes ago, Carmen24U said:

I currently weigh a shameful amount of 230 pounds and I'm standing at 5 foot 8 inches which I'm pretty sure would he considered overweight in most people's minds

I unfortunately can't disagree with you there. But maybe there's a hidden turn around point that you haven't discovered yet, just dont lose hope.

4 minutes ago, Peacefulfaerie said:

I unfortunately can't disagree with you there. But maybe there's a hidden turn around point that you haven't discovered yet, just dont lose hope.

Yeah I think it's a bit too late for that I guess I'll just have to see how this whole diet goes and hope it works like Jimin said it did.