misspurdy06@gmail.com

I Want To Get Something Off My Chest

*Trigger warning* What I am about to say is not easy and some may find difficult to read.

In late April of 2018 I lost/had to end a pregnancy at 20 weeks. 

The whole time I was pregnant I knew something was wrong. I had to take progesterone to support the pregnancy. I was very stressed and in pain from about the 12 week. I started feel a lot of pressure in my pelvis. I could never completely empty my bladder. Near the end every move I made hurt. I was leaking fluid. 

I went in for an anatomy scan. The tech had a hard time seeing everything. My fluid was low. My regular OB wasn't in so I saw another doctor.  She was nice. I asked her to do a swab and to look at my cervix. I had had problems before. As soon as she looked she had a grave look on her face. She said the amniotic sac was bulging through my very thin slightly open cervix. I have IC (incompetent cervix) She sent us to labor and delivery right away at the hospital. They did another scan and told me it was a girl.  I consented to an amniocentesis (a very thin needle into the amniotic sac to extract fluid to test.) The preliminary tests showed there was an intrauterine infection. The sac and baby had a severe infection. An infection so severe the doctors told me the baby wouldn't servive. And that if we didnt abort now both me and the baby would die. They scheduled the surgery for early in the morning. They gave me a valium so I could sleep that night. I said goodbye to my baby. I wanted her. I named her April Rose. The doctor gave me a paper with her tiny footprints.

It still hurts a lot. 

Thanks for reading. 

• Sad 5

8 hours ago, misspurdy06@gmail.com said:

*Trigger warning* What I am about to say is not easy and some may find difficult to read.

The whole time I was pregnant I knew something was wrong. I had to take progesterone to support the pregnancy. I was very stressed and in pain from about the 12 week. I started feel a lot of pressure in my pelvis. I could never completely empty my bladder. Near the end every move I made hurt. I was leaking fluid. 

I went in for an anatomy scan. The tech had a hard time seeing everything. My fluid was low. My regular OB wasn't in so I saw another doctor.  She was nice. I asked her to do a swab and to look at my cervix. I had had problems before. As soon as she looked she had a grave look on her face. She said the amniotic sac was bulging through my very thin slightly open cervix. I have IC (incompetent cervix) She sent us to labor and delivery right away at the hospital. They did another scan and told me it was a girl.  I consented to an amniocentesis (a very thin needle into the amniotic sac to extract fluid to test.) The preliminary tests showed there was an intrauterine infection. The sac and baby had a severe infection. An infection so severe the doctors told me the baby wouldn't servive. And that if we didnt abort now both me and the baby would die. They scheduled the surgery for early in the morning. They gave me a valium so I could sleep that night. I said goodbye to my baby. I wanted her. I named her April Rose. The doctor gave me a paper with her tiny footprints.

It still hurts a lot. 

Thanks for reading. 

Sorry for your loss.. it's never easy when you lose a child. 

• Like 2

I'm sorry for your loss. That's really sad. I hope the rest of your life can go more smoothly and your baby girl rests in peace. 

• Like 1

I wish you could think things through with a time of healing for yourself for these kinds of things.  I'm sorry though for what you had to go through.  Love is enough in this life for me however...maybe make peace with as much love as you want more than you may already have.

Edited by Drifter Kane
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, misspurdy06@gmail.com said:

It still hurts a lot. 

Thanks for reading. 

I'm so so sorry you had to go through that. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, misspurdy06@gmail.com said:

It still hurts a lot. 

Thanks for reading. 

My sister went through the same thing.. butthead baby lived the abortion... And died 3 months later in his crib. We watched this tiny baby struggle from the complications of an infection. Couldn't eat ,breathe very well.. it was sad. I understand your pain Hun.. I'm so sorry you went through that... --hugs-- you need someone. You inbox me. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, misspurdy06@gmail.com said:

It still hurts a lot. 

Thanks for reading. 

I'm sorry you had to go through this. You will heal in time. ❤

• Like 2