Sign in to follow this  
Goresby

Customer Service Horror Stories

I'm new here, so I thought I'd make a topic for stories involving customer service. 

I used to work late shifts at a fancy restaurant that had a lounge. On weekends, bands would play and patrons would consume enormous amounts of alcohol. One of the drunkards saw me roll my eyes at my creepy manager(used to check me out, stand directly behind me, sing to me, etc.) and asked me if I wanted him to beat him up. One side of me really wanted to egg him on to punch the lights out of that lanky noodle I worked for, but my better judgement inclined me to tell him it wasn't necessary and to go have a good time. He spent the next several minutes observing me and my manager whenever he walked by. 

Another time, at the same restaurant, I clocked out and sat at the bar to enjoy some delicious fancy food with a hefty employee discount. One of my coworkers, Ashley(fake name) and I started chatting about our more attractive coworkers. I had eyes for Brent(fake name), and I told Ashley "I'm going to fornicate with Brent. I'm on a mission and will succeed." As I finished this sentence, I heard a voice behind me ask "Will you now?" It was Brent. I'm not one to be easily embarrassed, but this was hands down the most humiliating moments of my life. Ashley had to walk away because she was laughing so hard, and I tried to hide my red face behind my hands while Brent looked on, seeming very entertained. I boxed up my food and went home and didn't talk to him for a week. We never hooked up.

Do you have any stories about work? I'd like to hear them.

• Like 1

One of the weirdest work stories is when I worked at my local movie theater and some people throw fruit out the front door and windows after stealing a coworkers tie.

• Like 1

I worked at Michaels' Arts and Crafts when I lived in Nashville, TN. Two things that really stand out happened while I was on the job. 

First was shortly after I started and was working the evening shift. It was about 20 til close and I kept noticing these two women who had two carts each, just full of misc stuff like Prisma Color pencils, canvases, paints, tons of scrapbook paper that cost about $0.50 to $1.00 a sheet, higher end scrapbook stickers - basically everything from every part of the store, almost. It was kind of busy that night so what do they do? Start power-walking with all of their stuff they hoarded toward the door. My manager caught them and they were taken to the back, but I've always wondered why they thought that would work and if they've gotten away with it before. 

Second time was another evening shift and store was dead except for one guy, my coworker was taking stuff from the back so he could build a display for some high school musical thing we were advertising (this was a long time ago lmao). About 20 minutes after we realized we never saw the guy leave and we couldn't find him in the store, my coworker decided to see if maybe he made his way to the back... Which he did, and took a huge dump on one of the boxes. Before I found out though, the dude ended up reappearing and was leaving out the front door, told me to have a good night. Then after he left is when my coworker told me about the turd in the back. lmao

Other weird things happened.. and I kinda miss working at Michael's but it doesn't pay nearly enough to support myself, sigh. 

• Like 3

I am a manager for a pizza place, and I deal with some insane shit, lmao. One time I had this dude come in and order and his wife came in after him and started asking me a million questions and eventually asked how much an extra-extra large was. When I told her we didn’t have pizzas in that size she lost her cool man, like went tf off. It got really heated, she threw a pen at me, told me I’m dirty cuz my hair is green, and called the cat scratches on my arms track marks. It was wild. One of my drivers was fully ready to fight this woman. That’s just a recent one. 

On 1/30/2019 at 12:31 PM, XerinaNova said:

Second time was another evening shift and store was dead except for one guy, my coworker was taking stuff from the back so he could build a display for some high school musical thing we were advertising (this was a long time ago lmao). About 20 minutes after we realized we never saw the guy leave and we couldn't find him in the store, my coworker decided to see if maybe he made his way to the back... Which he did, and took a huge dump on one of the boxes. Before I found out though, the dude ended up reappearing and was leaving out the front door, told me to have a good night. Then after he left is when my coworker told me about the turd in the back. lmao

Yoooo that reminds me, we have someone (or possibly multiple someone’s) who uses the back of our dumpster as their personal bathroom. It’s been going on for like a year at least. 

Edited by Onryouji
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Onryouji said:

Yoooo that reminds me, we have someone (or possibly multiple someone’s) who uses the back of our dumpster as their personal bathroom. It’s been going on for like a year at least. 

God, people just have no shame do they? 😂 so gross

4 minutes ago, XerinaNova said:

God, people just have no shame do they? 😂 so gross

We kinda suspect a local homeless man is behind it, which disappoints me cuz I thought me and that particular guy had an understanding but I guess all’s fair in homelessness and war. 🤷🏼‍♀️