Onision

Do You See Ads on This Site?

A new benefit of being a Former Funder, Patreon Member, Staff &/or YouTube Member has come up. This site needs consistent funding, so Guests & Regular members will see ads, but the other members will not see ads.

This, I feel, will multiply the lifespan of the site 🙂 Hope all you unaffected folk feel special 😄 

I do see ads now that I turned off my adblocker. But I'll keep it this way to support the forum.

• Love 1

How much revenue do the ads generate? My work and school both have network enforced adblocking "for security reasons" however I plan on becoming a Patron soon so you'll be funded that way by me 🙂

I hope you're using a trustworthy and malware-free ad network, though. I'm mostly getting ads for sketchy dating sites to meet Russian and Asian women.

• Love 1

19 hours ago, Pearl said:

How much revenue do the ads generate? My work and school both have network enforced adblocking "for security reasons" however I plan on becoming a Patron soon so you'll be funded that way by me 🙂

No idea right now... probably not much but it definitely helps move this forum into the future.

I do but a lot of the ads seem malware-y. I hope no one clicks on them.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Lilith said:

I hope you're using a trustworthy and malware-free ad network, though. I'm mostly getting ads for sketchy dating sites to meet Russian and Asian women.

It's Google Adsense so mostly safe although every ad network in existence has served malware more than once. Google is fast to stop the bad actors.

5 minutes ago, Onision said:

No idea right now... probably not much but it definitely helps move this forum into the future.

I took a look and you're using Invision Cloud so I can imagine that the ads cover the costs.

2 minutes ago, Mae said:

I do but a lot of the ads seem malware-y. I hope no one clicks on them.

But then Onision doesn't make money 😞