Onision

What Does It Mean When A Celebrity Says They Love You?

If a celebrity says they love you, what does that mean? You, being a total stranger they have never met, nor know nothing about.

My opinion: It means they appreciate what you do for them. That's about it.

• Like 1

Idk it doesn't mean too much to me. Like when people say that in videos it sounds like a normal sentence. No meaning. But of course that's just my personal opinion.

Yea, i always figured it just means that they "love" and appreciate the support of their fanbase.  Anyone who takes that too seriously  or deeply probably have some sort of mental/psychiatric deficit...delusional.  Its just a normal  hyperbole.   

• Love 3

Lady Gaga recently said this during one of her Vegas residency shows, enigma “after my show i dont want you to love me more, but i want you to love yourself more than before”

And that stuck with me because I rarely hear a celebrity say that. 

Edited by LizardQueen
  • Love 3

52 minutes ago, Onision said:

If a celebrity says they love you, what does that mean? You, being a total stranger they have never met, nor know nothing about.

yeah that's pretty much what I think, too.

They love the attention, they love the ego inflation, they love the money. That's what comes to mind.

• Love 1
  • No 1

If we're talking youtubers for example, they can "love" the community they've created, and it's their way of expressing their appreciation for them and their pride in creating a great community. Their fans can bring them a great deal of happiness and sometimes the way they choose to express it is through saying I love you.  It doesn't have to be taken so literally, it's just their personal choice to say it.

On 2/14/2019 at 11:31 PM, AnnaSantina said:

Yea, i always figured it just means that they "love" and appreciate the support of their fanbase.  Anyone who takes that too seriously  or deeply probably have some sort of mental/psychiatric deficit...delusional.  Its just a normal  hyperbole.   

Exactly. It's not that deep. 

Edited by Mae
  • Love 2

I think it means they appreciate their audience for what they allowed them to achieve. I'm not a fan of the phrasing though.

• Love 2

It means that the celebrity appreciates and values their audience, not that they are "in love" with their fan base. It really doesn't mean anything to me if a celebrity says "I love you".

Could mean they appreciate you or....

...appreciate the money they get off of you.

Edited by Magui

Idk, but I know that a lot of YouTubers say it at the end of their videos. Some say stuff like

"see you next time/next video" that would probably be better to say, stuff like that. Maybe 

they want the viewer to feel appreciated or they love them for watching etc... I guess the 

YouTubers that say "I love you" at the end of their videos, have their own meanings on saying

that phrase/term. "I love you" is strong words in my opinion to just be throwing around willy 

nilly if you will. I guess if you don't love somebody don't say it, say peace out, see ya any other 

outro/ending of your video. 

If I love you = I appreciate you and not actually I love you, you should probably say, I appreciate you.

On 2/14/2019 at 8:01 PM, Onision said:

It means they love you as a fan no real person can love someone they don't truly know. You have to know that person not just a character on YouTube. You can even love a fan for having similar opinions but, you love their opinions not the person. 

• Love 1