Onision

What should the forum rules be?

I would like these forums to feel like a safe place for people... what do you think the rules should be?

A few things should be included:

• Be civil and considerate of others
  • Don't attack/harass people because of their gender/sexuality/etc
  • It's okay to disagree, but avoid personal attacks, constructive critisim is allowed
  • Obviously have a rule against spam
  • Love 8

I think the forum is very civil and well-behaved so far. The only issue I have is that some users tend to spam a lot and post many comments in a row (in the same thread) instead of editing their post. It feels like a grab for attention or to rise in forum rank.

Edited by Lilith
  • Love 3

I agree that there desperately needs to be a rule against spamming and multiposting.

• Love 2

3 minutes ago, XerinaNova said:

No upvoting your own posts!!!

I Second that. It’s annoying. 

Edited by Guest

On 2/16/2019 at 4:25 PM, Lilith said:

I think the forum is very civil and well-behaved so far. The only issue I have is that some users tend to spam a lot and post many comments in a row (in the same thread) instead of editing their post. It feels like a grab for attention or to rise in forum rank.

Well then Greg's bump thread would be against the rules lmao. I don't see anything wrong with multiple posts but if Greg wants to make it a rule up to him. 

But yeah, upvoting posts should definitely be against the rules as far as trying to gain more rep. 

42 minutes ago, XerinaNova said:

Well then Greg's bump thread would be against the rules lmao. I don't see anything wrong with multiple posts but if Greg wants to make it a rule up to him. 

But yeah, upvoting posts should definitely be against the rules as far as trying to gain more rep. 

I think that could be handled with a settings change. I don't think it needs to be a rule. I do agree that it's annoying and cheats the system.

1 hour ago, XerinaNova said:

I think a bump can be called for, especially if it's Greg or other staff members. It serves a purpose. And of course forum game threads are a different subject. What I mean is users who reply to multiple comments by making one post per quote, or threads where 90% of the posts are just the thread maker spamming more comments with occasional input from other users. I'm not asking for rigidity, of course the context of the thread should be taken into consideration.

53 minutes ago, Pearl said:

I think that could be handled with a settings change. I don't think it needs to be a rule. I do agree that it's annoying and cheats the system.

Invision has a setting to keep users from upvoting their own posts.

image.png.8233d45da0dbd1ce9e971a573b8c77ea.png

From: https://invisioncommunity.com/4guides/how-to-use-ips-community-suite/member-preferences-and-features/reputation-reactions-r171/

• Love 1

29 minutes ago, Lilith said:

I think a bump can be called for, especially if it's Greg or other staff members. It serves a purpose. And of course forum game threads are a different subject. What I mean is users who reply to multiple comments by making one post per quote, or threads where 90% of the posts are just the thread maker spamming more comments with occasional input from other users. I'm not asking for rigidity, of course the context of the thread should be taken into consideration.

Invision has a setting to keep users from upvoting their own posts.

image.png.8233d45da0dbd1ce9e971a573b8c77ea.png

From: https://invisioncommunity.com/4guides/how-to-use-ips-community-suite/member-preferences-and-features/reputation-reactions-r171/

Ooo I didn't know there was a setting, glad there's an easy fix to that ^-^

but i liiiiiiike to talk about fight club lol.  (seriously though, chuck palahnuik is one of my fav. authors-- have a tons of his books and read all of them :) ) 

• Lol 1

Wonderful! Will be including more Onision.com content in future OnisionSpeaks videos like old times 😊

• Love 1

On 2/17/2019 at 5:01 PM, XerinaNova said:

Ooo I didn't know there was a setting, glad there's an easy fix to that ^-^

Fixed

Screen Shot 2019-02-24 at 9.00.48 AM.png

On 2/21/2019 at 8:53 AM, Anna said:

So like you'll answer questions in the videos?

Very likely.

• Love 2

Yeah this is a safe space here and I enjoy the things I read and I enjoy posting here because I know no one behaves like a bag of buttholes here, it's legit all good here. 

As long as someone doesnt act like a D●●●, it's all gravy 

Oh that's good then, because I just came here to support this forum and have some peaceful fun. Maybe chat to some famous people too if I'm lucky.