Onision

PC or MAC

PC or Mac?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• MAC
    • PC

I prefer macOS and iOS for the most part, but I use Linux for webservers and stuff. Apple hasn't released a good OS for web servers yet.

1 hour ago, Pearl said:

I prefer macOS and iOS for the most part, but I use Linux for webservers and stuff. Apple hasn't released a good OS for web servers yet.

I would not know... I’m into graphics, music & video.

• Love 1

I use both for computers and Android on mobile.

Mac: Nice for graphics and, surprisingly, even for programming. I love iTerm. Saves me a lot of other installations.

Windows: Convenient and customizable.

• Love 1

11 minutes ago, Onision said:

I would not know... I’m into graphics, music & video.

Stick to that, you're really good at it. Your videos and songs are awesome. Let us nerds deal with making the servers work 😐

Ive been anxious to try out MAC since I do photography and editting and have heard that its graphics systems are a lot better but I grew up on PC and thats always what i've had.. the one time i tried to use a mac i couldnt figure out where anything was and everything just took me(rtwice as long trying to figure it out.... im in the market for a new computer soon since the one i have is SOOOOOOo old (running an i3 processor when we're up to like i7 now and so its just....slow if i have more than a few things open, especially adobe programs really slow it down and thats what i need to use, like photoshop, etc)    
what do you guys think?  should i make the switch?  is it worth it to have to learn a whole new operating system or should i just stick with what i know.... i usually use ASUS for pc because at least they make great gaming computers which are good for graphics.... i dont game but the HD screens and graphics cards on asus gaming computers are pretty good.  it would be that or a mac when i can save up enough to get either..... im a few hundred shy right now unless i wipe out my whole bank account and that isnt happening lol.  

I’ve dabbled with Mac for some of my life, with my Uncle being keen to convert me from a young age. But I’ve largely been PC, until last September.

Being a musician and studying recording & production, the noticeable latency when monitoring recording on PC was just gonna be too much when I knew I'd be studying at university, so Logic and Mac seemed the obvious choice to remedy this. But even so, I now constantly enjoy the benefits of Bootcamp on my MacBook allowing me to switch between OSs whenever I like and access the contents of both partitions either side.

12 minutes ago, Roransu said:

I’ve dabbled with Mac for some of my life, with my Uncle being keen to convert me from a young age. But I’ve largely been PC, until last September.

Being a musician and studying recording & production, the noticeable latency when monitoring recording on PC was just gonna be too much when I knew I'd be studying at university, so Logic and Mac seemed the obvious choice to remedy this. But even so, I now constantly enjoy the benefits of Bootcamp on my MacBook allowing me to switch between OSs whenever I like and access the contents of both partitions either side.

Is bootcamp pretty great?

1 hour ago, Onision said:

Is bootcamp pretty great?

Bootcamp is awesome, and a definite recommend particularly for running games on Steam and Origin, etc.

Aside from running games better, the rewind, fast-forward, play/pause, volume and brightness function keys on Apple keyboards all work inside Bootcamp. That's also another bonus, but I also use it to jump back on software exclusive to Windows that I can't use on macOS.

I like PC for gaming and I can use my Mac for my artsy stuff. I can always use my PC as backup for my artsy stuff, though, since the programs I have can be used cross platform.

• Love 1

I prefer Mac for photography and editing.  Apparently, they aren’t as compatible with gaming as PCs are.