Sign in to follow this  
Pearl

Here's why you shouldn't watch hate videos...

A YouTube Channel, The Game Theorists, has made two videos (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_ZiyhR1DfI & https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyHaMVRgBV0) explaining in detail a few things about how YouTube Recommendations work. There's one key point that sticks, YouTube doesn't care about views, to some extent they care about likes and dislikes, but most important they want viewers to watch the entire video and to engage with the platform for a long amount of time (and accrue watch hours). If you give a hate video 30 minutes or an hour of your watch time you cause YouTube to promote the video (even if you disliked it!). We can slow down the hate channels by refusing to watch the hate videos. Thoughts?

• Love 3

Mmm... once upon a time, when you searched for a YouTuber, videos from their channel would show up... now it's very different.

• Love 3

1 hour ago, Onision said:

Mmm... once upon a time, when you searched for a YouTuber, videos from their channel would show up... now it's very different.

i know right?  I know that when I type a specific name into the search bar, I'm looking for the works of THAT person.  like with music, if i type a musicians name into search, im expecting to get some of their music, not every S●●●ty thing someone has ever said about the musician.