Onision

Worst Prescription Reaction?

I was prescribed an anti-acne medication once and as a result, my vision inverted and everything I saw was either pink or white... had to lay down, and when I opened my eyes everything was back to normal... doctor implied it was my fault, and I was like... oh ok, so the first time I ever try medication like this, I have serious reactions... and have never had anything like this happen before. Ok 😛

• Love 2
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Can't remember the name, but some mental health medicine, ended up having a psychotic breakdown and then people were like yep that was a bad side effect 😐That was years ago though, things are a lot better now 🙂 

• Confused 1

The antidepressant Paxil .... made me literally feel like my soul was being sucked out of my body and I wanted to die.  They tried to convince me to stick it out for the few weeks it takes to acclimate but I was just feeling worse and worse everyday...  I stuck it out for almost 2 weeks and had to stop. I would have killed myself.  
I tried like almost all the antidepressants before i finally found one that works and has been working (cymbalta/duloxetine - im on the highest possible dose of it but its finally working so yay)

Then a topical pain reliever i was prescribed for my arthritis and tendonitis issues called voltaren gel.. i was fine with it for a while but then after being on it for like a year i randomly developed an allergic reaction to it and the next time i put it on it felt like there were fire ants all over my body.  (i put it on my whole back and on my hip, knee and ankle where i have pain)  then a few weeks later i didnt realize it but i guess i threw back on the same sweatshirt id been wearing that i hadnt washed and it must have had some of the gel on it b/c it happened again at school which was horrible because i had to run out of the classroom into the bathroom and take off my shirt and wash my body off in the sink in the bathroom at my college...i think i borrowed an extra shirt from the school b/c it was massage school and they have extra uniforms (which were just shirts with the school log0) on hand in case kids forgot theirs b/c they had to have a shirt on to work in the school massage clinic.  
so.... yea.... wanting to die and fire ants all over my body lol.  it stung and burned so bad i was crawling out of my skin.

• Love 1

I was having a lot of trouble sleeping awhile back, so my doctor prescribed me Ambien. Aside from making everything look like it was constantly moving(like door frames and the floor) I would wake up standing in weird places around my house. I quit taking it after a week, turns out sleepwalking was a pretty common side effect and some people were even sleep online shopping and doing other weird stuff. 

• Love 2

ooh, i forgot... also the psych. medicine Remeron where i literally gained like 50 lbs in a couple months... my doctor didnt tell me but apparently weight gain is SUPER common with that one.  it worked pretty well but ten i got depressed b/c of how much weight i was gaining. so quit that one and found a diff one that works even better 😉  

• Love 1

I’ve taken antidepressants that have made me suicidal but I don’t like to focus too much on the negative effects, it’s common and it’s a risk you take. I don’t think it should deter people from getting the help they need (if medication is what they choose) because with all medicine it’s a lot of trial and error to find what works for you. I’ve also been on antidepressants that have worked without any negative effects 🙂

• Love 2

I personally don't believe in medication. I am diabetic so I take my insulin. But in my field of work I give meds to my clients. And have seen many reactions like allergic reactions and itchy hands,etc etc. 

• Love 1
  • Confused 1

I don't remember any side effects, but Benadryl pills you get in the pharmacy for allergies(which I don't remember last 

I had any thankfully), got me sleepy. I changed to pills that didn't give the tired side effect I remember back in 2015 i had to 

go to the hospital for a few days for health/medical reason. They gave me a Benadryl shot and it was not like the pills, it gave me a 

"high" effect, that was different, it was not like the stuff you get in the pharmacy. 👀😂

• Love 1

I had an allergic reaction to amoxicillin when I was a new born which I just got hives nothing major.

Tried a anti biotic for my acne, it really didn’t do much for my skin at all and was really disappointing. 

Recently, my doctor had me ease off of Zoloft.  It was probably the worst anti-depressant I was ever on--I was constantly down, withdrawn, and felt like an empty shell of nothing 24/7.  It was honestly the worst year of my life.  My doctor suggested going back on Celexa and just upping my dose, which he did and I'm back to normal now thankfully ugh but that was pretty bad.  I'm an introvert too, so I don't really let people know about my feelings.  So I kinda suffered in silence until I got to see my doctor.

I had a sleepingpill that took away the ability to swallow so I drooled a lot and choked every night so I don't take that anymore....and one depressionmed I took made me sweat like a pig and eat like a horse I changed that medication too

• Love 1

I had a med that was supposed to help me sleep through the night (PTSD), but it ended up spiking my blood pressure and making me feel like the room was spinning

I'm also allergic to penicillin 

• Confused 1

Had a provider give me morphine by IV for preterm labor (which still bothers me to this day that that's the route she took instead of any of the typical ones). Broke out into a full body rash, heart rate went over 200 BPM and I couldn't stop vomiting. And it didn't help the labor portion either, so I went through that for nothing. I refused to ever see her again, she was nuts.

• Confused 1

On 2/18/2019 at 6:51 PM, lostinthesauce said:

I was having a lot of trouble sleeping awhile back, so my doctor prescribed me Ambien. Aside from making everything look like it was constantly moving(like door frames and the floor) I would wake up standing in weird places around my house. I quit taking it after a week, turns out sleepwalking was a pretty common side effect and some people were even sleep online shopping and doing other weird stuff. 

Ambien is freaky! I've been there too.

image.png.3584dffc6f65c9cfc00a1844e1404188.png

image.png.59acf27682925785e5e807aa5174cd5f.png

image.png.4f6c3097b4d7ef8a60720d2ece01057d.png

• Love 4

I'm currently on an antipsychotic latuda. I'm on day 3,and the nausea is not the best. 😪

7 hours ago, Unicorinne said:

I had a med that was supposed to help me sleep through the night (PTSD), but it ended up spiking my blood pressure and making me feel like the room was spinning

I'm also allergic to penicillin 

I'm allergic to penicillin too...it sucks 😫

I had heat rash on my neck and used some topical gel and it made it worse. I think it was hydrocortisone that I was allergic to, but I used it recently for another allergic reaction to pine needles and it didn't make things worse, so it's weird. I guess I was just allergic to it when I was younger and grew out of the allergy to hydrocortisone.

I was given Prednisone for poison ivy twice in the same summer. It made me have "roid rage", it also will keep you from sleeping. I also can't take muscle relaxers it gives me the opposite reaction, I feel like I've drank 100 pots of coffe and have a current running through my body. I now do only natural remedies. Throat Coat Tea, Fire Cider, Elderberry syrup and a Nettie pot can do wonders.

When I was 14, I was due for my dpt booster, so I got it and when I got home I got really cold, I told my mother and she put several blankets and a sleeping bag on me while I rested on the couch  and it wasn't enough, then I started hallucinating and I thought this long, tall black lamp in the living room was my aunt. I asked "Hey when did she come over?" and my mother called 911, firefighters came out to my house and said  I had a very high fever from it, and no more blankets, so I had to freeze for a while till my temp regulated. 

Also one time....

I cant remember what the name of the medicine I was on was called, but I got REALLY bad hives all over my legs from it. I remember sitting in the er waiting room, my hands shoved down my baggy nylon pants awkwardly scratching at my skin because of the hives. Then they couldnt give me any shots for it because it was hard to find my veins, so they ended up giving me a benedryl and  after I slept from it, I was just fine. That was pretty gnarly though

I got a blood clot after taking birth control pills

On 2/18/2019 at 9:35 AM, Onision said:

I was prescribed an anti-acne medication once and as a result, my vision inverted and everything I saw was either pink or white... had to lay down, and when I opened my eyes everything was back to normal... doctor implied it was my fault, and I was like... oh ok, so the first time I ever try medication like this, I have serious reactions... and have never had anything like this happen before. Ok 😛

Accutane?

And 

Screenshot_20190226-173755_Google.jpg

• Lol 2