LizardQueen

Twitter users face angry backlash after claiming charcoal face masks are RACIST?

3 minutes ago, Onision said:

CONTEXT, context is everything.

I agree. If somebody is just using a charcoal mask to clean their skin, have at it. I don't see an issue with it. But, if someone puts it on to make fun of black people, then there's an issue. 

10 minutes ago, Onision said:

CONTEXT, context is everything.

Reminded me of a video you posted awhile ago and how people were giving you shit in the comments Bc you had a charcoal mask on during. I don’t think it’s racist Bc to me, it’s just skin care when it’s used for facials but can see when people can use it for racism.

Edited by LizardQueen
  • Love 1

People have been using charcoal masks for years and they're just now trying to twist it into something about race? Smh. I wonder what they'll say about charcoal toothpaste (which surprisingly does wonders for removing plaque and doesn't dry out my mouth.)

• Love 3

Here is my opinion, that's foolish it's a beauty routine. You can't help that it is like that and it 

goes on your face. It's not like you are walking around outside or  saying/acting rude with it on.

It is not to put down anybody if you wear/use one, it is to clean/remove pores etc.... period

nothing more nothing less, I also agree with Greg here. 

• Love 1

I agree with like... everything y’all said. Intention/reasoning, not look.

• Love 3