Sign in to follow this  

Advertising?

I was wondering about advertising on here, if thats possible. I dont want to upset anyone. 

Another member on here is making Shirts/ stickers and other stuff

I was curious if there can be a place for advertising, for either virtual products, real life products or even if looking for rp partners, such as I am for a roleplay forum. I dont want people thinking im poaching from one forum to get people to join mine, not my intention, I just want to invite people to have fun! 

Just wondering if this is possible, or a catagory for this can be created, even if it has stipulations like "User can post X times a week, after making X amount of posts on the forum" 

Im working on a few projects myself, one being a roleplay forum, just getting the word out there about Dark Realities and see if anyone else is interested in it. I can wait to do an official intro post until I know its okay to do so.

Im also making clothing appliers for the Maitreya Mesh body on Secondlife. I would make the clothing, then show the clothing on my avatar and post the pictures somewhere on the forum, If anyone signed up and made a purchase, I would get actual money from my designs, but I wouldnt ask for very much, maybe a dollar or two or less. 

I can also make prim rlv collars for secondlife which feature my own personal poses. I dont make fancy mesh ones, but if someone wanted something a little more kitsch, what I make might be interesting at least. 

People are interested in all sorts of things, even if someone made art pieces and wanted to sell prints or whatnot, it might be a good starting point if Greg allows it. 🙂

You could probably drum up some sales via Twitter if you have an account there and post stuff you made, theres an artist on there that I LOVE! 

@kathmannism

He makes abstract/interpretive art and it's so very pretty! He was running a contest which he was giving away an art print of his, sadly I didn't win one, but someone did and im happy for them! It might be a way to give yourself some exposure to others! 

I think you can use Gimp for that, Im learning about Gimp and making my clothing pieces on there, but I'm sure you could easily write your sig on a transparent background and add it as a layer on any work you have on your pc. You could even make that signature unique to your work alone, and add the same one to as many pieces as you have/make. 

yea, i wasnt sure when i posted my stuff on here too, but i was more asking for opinions trying to decide what i should get more prints of when i do decide to do a big batch printout.... what ive got so far IS available for sale if anyone was interested but i have to have them printed individually for people since i cant afford to get them all printed right now.  you dont make as much money that way since its less expensive to print them in bulk .... you cant really mark them up much from the amount that it costs just to have one shirt printed, but the idea is hopefully someone else will see it out in the world, comment on it spread the word, get more sales.  but yea, it would be cool to have a place to actually pimp out our own individual projects whether it be art or music or tshirts or videos or whatever it is.  

5 minutes ago, Sloppy Mommy said:

I think you can use Gimp for that, Im learning about Gimp and making my clothing pieces on there, but I'm sure you could easily write your sig on a transparent background and add it as a layer on any work you have on your pc. You could even make that signature unique to your work alone, and add the same one to as many pieces as you have/make. 

yea, i use photoshop which is similar to gimp (gimp is like the open source version of photoshop but i could never figure out how to use it)  but yea i have a copy of my signature that i made and i apply it to different artwork when needed.  or sometimes i sign them individually in the program after i open it up in photoshop.  (so sometimes ppl are getting an actual individually signed peice, but you i guess they wouldnt know it b/c its printed off the same way 

Just now, Peacefulfaerie said:

To be honest I hated Gimp because it would always ruin everything I put into it, including transparency, which is why I'll never waste hard drive space just to install it again, or risk another virus to try and find a cracked version of Paint Tool SAI. I actually wish I knew where my file went that goes with my drawing of Silvally but I suppose I lost it when my old computer permanently died. Currently, it's the only piece I was able to squeeze out. xD

i can get you a free version of photoshop i think if you want it.  a long time ago CS2 was open sourced and i think i still have the installer on my computer.  it doesnt require a serial code, the only catch is it asks you to register every time you open it, you just have to hit cancel or remind me later or whatever when it brings up that screen
if you want it i can try to find the file and send it to you :) 

https://www.redmondpie.com/download-adobe-photoshop-cs2-for-free-legally-while-you-still-can/  

i think this is what i used but if this doesnt work let me know  :)  

and anyone free to take advantage of this 😉 :)   free version of photoshop  

7 minutes ago, Peacefulfaerie said:

To be honest I hated Gimp because it would always ruin everything I put into it, including transparency, which is why I'll never waste hard drive space just to install it again, or risk another virus to try and find a cracked version of Paint Tool SAI. I actually wish I knew where my file went that goes with my drawing of Silvally but I suppose I lost it when my old computer permanently died. Currently, it's the only piece I was able to squeeze out. xD

35 minutes ago, Onision said:

I’ll make a forum just for this topic.

It might be a good idea to do paid stickies. E.g. we can make a thread in that forum, pay you and you'll make the thread a sticky (displayed at top of the forum, for a period of time in exchange for money), it'd help cover costs of the forum, maybe it'd turn a profit.