Sign in to follow this  
Drifter Kane

Can one be truly changed?...

Question

At one's cores, can someone be truly changed?  Kai, Greg's spouse I think talked about cores in one of her videos once...but if the universe is not even made for one...and on top of that, everything in your world goes bad for you somehow, and other things and circumstances happen around because of who and what you are and what universe is that the universe tries to change you and your cores to be their puppet let's just say as well...do you think your cores could change or do you think at your core, you can't truly ever change?

Edited by Drifter Kane

10 answers to this question

I think everyone is capable of change depending on how open they are to it. They have to really want it and put in the effort, and that’s where they usually fail and revert back to their old ways. 

• Love 4

@Onision awesome response, totally agree- there are alwys things that happen in peoples lives that have the possibility of changing how you think and feel about things.   I mean thats kind of the whole gist of life-- nobody is who they were when they were a baby-- nobody comes out of the womb with fully formed opinions and beliefs about things-- its the experiences you have in your life that create those beliefs and core values and who you are as a person--- most people become pretty set in their ways by the time they are an adult, but even as an adult, its possible to continue to change-- i think as a child and a teenager you're much more open to being changed and usually as an adult it takes a lot more like... heavy duty life-changing experiences (like life and death kind of things) or anything that really shakes you to your core and has to really create an emotional impact to actually change pieces of who you are but  it happens.  for instance, my stepdad was always kind of.... not homophobic but definitely anti-gay and would poke fun. he wouldnt do anything outright hateful, but he was a very suave, manly-man, owned a construction business etc.  --- but then 2 of his sons ended up coming out as gay (the older son actually told my mom first because he was afraid of his dads reaction-- my mom was the one who told my dad and .....i guess worked him into  changing his opinion and accpeting his sons )  and eventually he did.. it took time and he was def . uncomfortable with it at first but after a couple years my stepbrother actually got a boyfriend and he and his boyfriend would come on family trips with the whole family,  invited to dinner with us every weekend, etc.... like.... so for some people they have those (horrible homophobic) beliefs and they are so strong that they dont even accept their  own child and kids get kicked out of their homes, but other people, they have those beliefs, but when it hits close to home and its their own kid, they become open to changing their minds.  and i never heard him say a homophobic thing again after that so pretty sure it wasnt just that it was his own kid, he really did open up to it (and was kind to the boyfriend etc as well and other friends of mine who were gay etc) 
life is all about the expiences you have and growing as a person.  the people who are closed minded and DONT grow..... arent really getting much out of life in my opinion.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Onision said:

I made a whole video about it in response to you!

I just wanna say thanks for making a whole video just for my question.  I know you do so for others but I still just wanna say thanks.  It was really helpful for the perspective and advice in general.  It's just that I'm in a hard spot in my life and this video brightened my day up.

• Love 2

16 minutes ago, Jackson said:

Loved it, it was a really nice response and video, and I miss also your face in videos 🙂 

Me too. I like his cartoons too but I like to see him too.

It depends on the person really to me. The nature of a person is sometimes manipulated by many occurrences causing them to be a horrible person. Nature is a funny thing in that regard hence why there is good and bad in the world. Humanity is a curse and also a blessing frankly because there’s so much evilness yet there’s also goodness in humankind which is messed up. A person can only change and truly redeem themselves if they are ready to change on their own, no outside influences. One has to own up and face that they are responsible for their own actions, than they can truly change. 

I don't wanna post yet another topic because it might overcrowd things and stuff...so, what do you think about over planning.  What do you think about the future in planning...should it be over planned or lived?

Edited by Drifter Kane