Onision

Most Powerful Movie You've Seen

The two most powerful videos I've seen in a while:

Everybody's Fine
Beautiful Boy

What recommendations do you have?

Older movies but if you haven't seen it- Legends of the Fall..... it's like a 3 hour movie and a great movie to watch if you need to cry lol.  
Another one is  La vita è bella or "Life is Beautiful" --- it's an italian movie and it has english subtitles--- i really suggest watching the italian version with the subtitles as opposed to watching the english dubbed-over version-- the italian version is much more powerful since you can hear the emotion in the voice of the actors and you just get a better feel for it.... it takes a little bit but after a few min. you dont even realize you're reading the subtitles and just kinda do it automatically-- but its an amazing movie and another tear-jerker-- set in world war 2.  
saw both of these movies when i was a kid (they are NOT kids movies- far from it, but we watched all sorts of movies as a family that were more drama than kids movies)  and they are still movies that i go back to an rewatch they're so good.    

i'll try and think of some other ones but those of the first that come to mind when i think of great timeless movies that really had an emotional impact.  

Man this is hard.... 

A lot of the movies I have seen recently were powerful in there own ways.

Probably gonna get flack for this, A star is born (2018) was emotionally powerful to me because I could personally relate to some of the plot that happened in the movie. I’m not gonna why Bc I’m not gonna spoil that. Also the soundtrack is probably my favorite movie soundtrack of all time. 

Vice was really eye opening to me and overall very interesting, really impactful.

I also totally recommend green book because it was really good and I was so engaged throughout the film.

Shadowlands - starring Anthony Hopkins and the kid from Jurassic Park (I forget his name).

A drama about CS Lewis’ life after having written the Chronicles of Narnia series. This scene is acting at it’s best, but the whole film is an absolute masterpiece:

Control (2007) The Ian Curtis/Joy Division bio film.

Really sad, but interesting/ film about his life etc...

24 Hour Party People (2002) also Ian Curtis related film about Manchester England music bands/scene 70's etc...(sad but good)

What we do is secret (2007) bio movie based on Darby Crash and his band The Germs.(also sad but good.)

Little Children. Based off of a book, stars Kate Winslet. I first watched it at a time when I was struggling deeply with my dying marriage and feeling like my identity had slipped away from me and been replaced with being nothing more than "mom". My favorite quote that I still think of often is "You couldn't change the past. But the future is a different story, and it had to start somewhere."