LizzyAnn

I feel like I'll be alone forever...

I'll be thirty this year and I am single. This isn't me vying for attention or a "woe is me" moment. I'm just worried I've missed my chance at love because of societal standards. I feel like people are expected to be a certain way and look a certain way, and if I try to conform in any way I'll look like that uncool mom at a party or something. Maybe I'm just having a midlife crisis or something... I dunno... I just still want to be loved and hope it isn't too late for me... 

• Love 1

Honestly, being alone has become my new normal. 😕

I can relate, though.  I'll be 36 this year, and I've been single for ten years--but by choice.  Namely because of the same reasons you've listed--and it can be so frustrating.  It's especially hard to get into dating when you're an introvert...

Have you tried any dating sites?  since that's my issue, sometimes I'll try a dating site like Plenty of Fish.  You just need to be careful but they're good for helping you meet people locally if you're like me and not big on the party scene 🙂

30 is still young! You’ll be fine! Focus on yourself and not finding love and it’ll find you when the times right 🙂

• Love 4

21 minutes ago, QuirkyGemini said:

Honestly, being alone has become my new normal. 😕

I can relate, though.  I'll be 36 this year, and I've been single for ten years--but by choice.  Namely because of the same reasons you've listed--and it can be so frustrating.  It's especially hard to get into dating when you're an introvert...

Have you tried any dating sites?  since that's my issue, sometimes I'll try a dating site like Plenty of Fish.  You just need to be careful but they're good for helping you meet people locally if you're like me and not big on the party scene 🙂

I have dated a few people from dating sites and they've all ended terribly. I think it's because I too am an introvert and value my privacy. Where as the people I tend to attract want drama and too much attention. At this point I'm just sticking to my high standards and if I find my perfect person, they'll be just that.... Perfect 

♥ 

2 minutes ago, LizzyAnn said:

I have dated a few people from dating sites and they've all ended terribly. I think it's because I too am an introvert and value my privacy. Where as the people I tend to attract want drama and too much attention. At this point I'm just sticking to my high standards and if I find my perfect person, they'll be just that.... Perfect 

♥ 

OMG, the horror stories I could share.  Most of the times I've tried dating on those sites have ended horribly too 😧 So I feel you!

♥ 

1 minute ago, QuirkyGemini said:

OMG, the horror stories I could share.  Most of the times I've tried dating on those sites have ended horribly too 😧 So I feel you!

♥ 

I fell in love so hard for a person on plenty of fish and he took advantage of me in every way possible. I was so jaded. I deleted all dating apps once I was able to get rid of him.. Which wasn't an easy task. I too could share some horror stories. Maybe we should start a thread of some cautionary tales! Our experiences could potentially help others. 

• Love 1

32 minutes ago, LizzyAnn said:

I fell in love so hard for a person on plenty of fish and he took advantage of me in every way possible. I was so jaded. I deleted all dating apps once I was able to get rid of him.. Which wasn't an easy task. I too could share some horror stories. Maybe we should start a thread of some cautionary tales! Our experiences could potentially help others. 

I like the idea of a thread to share experiences! 

You gotta put yourself out there, maybe see what things are happening in your community or find a hobby that involves other people or that other people are interested in too, take a college class if you can and meet people there. If any kind of sports interest you, practice that sport or even go to events where sport things are happening, There are plenty of ways to meet people and I wish you the best of luck, one of the things I LOVE about love is how it can catch one by surprise! ❤️ 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, LizzyAnn said:

Similar issue happened with me. Wore my heart on my sleeve too much 😧

Actually that's a very tempting idea!  sorry that happened to you though 😕

I understand how you feel. I'm 24 with a 2 yearold... I always thought I'd get married and have children. But that didn't go as planned. What if I can't find anyone who accepts both me and my son. What if I never have anymore children. 

Atleast we have this forum so were never really alone

• Love 2

On 2/22/2019 at 6:14 AM, LizzyAnn said:

I'll be thirty this year and I am single. This isn't me vying for attention or a "woe is me" moment. I'm just worried I've missed my chance at love because of societal standards. I feel like people are expected to be a certain way and look a certain way, and if I try to conform in any way I'll look like that uncool mom at a party or something. Maybe I'm just having a midlife crisis or something... I dunno... I just still want to be loved and hope it isn't too late for me... 

I'm in your boat and a similar age. It does get harder, mainly due to - in my opinion - becoming disillusioned with the cyclical nature of dating, but it's not the end. It just changes. Be patient and good things will come to you.

• Love 3

We got plenty of singles here it seems, time for onision forums hookups. At least we know y'all have a few interests in common by that 😛

• Love 1