Onision

Do you have any physical abnormalities?

I have an enlarged aorta... which I guess means I literally have a big heart.

What about you?

• Love 8

38 minutes ago, Onision said:

What about you?

Not sure if this is an abnormality but I broke my arm when I was 5, so my left arm doesn't have the range of motion the right arm does. So I guess.... 

🤷🤷

• Love 1

It's not very abnormally uncommon but I'm severely flat footed, leaving no arch for my foot. It causes occasional pain from bone friction but that's always fun~

• Love 2

My thumbs are kinda double jointed which means they can pop in/out of the socket and it’s genetic. 

I also have a high arch on my feet which sucks when you love boots. 

• Love 2

I have Madelung's Deformity. The Radius bones in my arms bow dramatically before surgery it was painful to type. I still dont have a full range of motion but its definatley better than before. Both of my sisters got it too but they got it bad in both arms and needed surgery for both; I only needed to fix my left arm. so technically my left arm is shorter than my right because when they do the corrective surgery they break your radius bone, shave it down, fix it together, and then put pins in your wrist with a full arm cast. (the pins come out when you get the short cast.)

Edited by HaleyIsMe
  • Love 1

I am double jointed in both thumbs and I suspect in my shoulders and hips since I can dislocate and relocate them at will.  I also have a third nipple (it's very small and most think it's a mole).   I have dimples in both cheeks which are said to be an inexplicable abnormality...

• Love 1

On 1/30/2019 at 5:55 PM, Onision said:

What about you?

Not to be a pedant but the aorta is the largest artery in your body not your heart itself. They're 2 different things.

Curious how that was discovered, too, since it's not really common for that condition to be found in younger adult males. If you don't mind answering I'd love to know when you found out about it. I like medical stuff. lol

• Love 1

I have double jointed elbows. Not as cool as it sounds 😂 but people always get creeped out when I show them. (It is kinda like extending you arms while putting your hands flat on the wall and then turning them upside down).

On 1/30/2019 at 4:55 PM, Onision said:

What about you?

I have a tiny hole in one of my ears 

ring finger of my left hand has a slipped tendon n wont bend good at the tip, no one notices till i mention tho

I was born with neuromuscular scoliosis which most people confuse this with regular scoliosis. Neuromuscular scoliosis affects my muscles in my back and my spine doesn't change as much as people who have scoliosis. I also have a high arch in my feet. & I was born with a heart murmur which I still have

• Love 1

I've got a deviated septum which makes breathing through my nose abysmal to say the least. I don't actually know if that can affect one's sense of smell or not but I've always joked that I have no sense of smell (barely do honestly) so it'd be interesting if that was somehow related. I also apparently breathe very loudly when I sleep because of it. That's about it, physically speaking.

I have one of those preauricular pits above my ear that some people say means I used to be like a fish or alien or something 😂😅

On 1/31/2019 at 1:36 AM, XerinaNova said:

I'm abnormality free, how boring 😞

me too 😂

• Love 1

18 hours ago, Megan said:

I have one of those preauricular pits above my ear that some people say means I used to be like a fish or alien or something 😂😅

That sounds so cool! 

• Love 1

I have a skin disease called vitiligo. I think that about 2% of the population has it.

I have a crooked big toe on my left foot, it's why I walk weird and like drag my feet xD literally can't help it~ would have to break the bone and re-fix it for it to be facing the "correct" way but meh hasn't bothered me too much - although I'm pretty sure it makes me an alien 

• Love 1

5 hours ago, swiftscout said:

I have a crooked big toe on my left foot, it's why I walk weird and like drag my feet xD literally can't help it~ would have to break the bone and re-fix it for it to be facing the "correct" way but meh hasn't bothered me too much - although I'm pretty sure it makes me an alien 

Well at least you come in peace 😎👽👾

• Love 1

On 2/7/2019 at 11:35 AM, Ghostii said:

I was born with neuromuscular scoliosis which most people confuse this with regular scoliosis. Neuromuscular scoliosis affects my muscles in my back and my spine doesn't change as much as people who have scoliosis. I also have a high arch in my feet. & I was born with a heart murmur which I still have

So how does this affect your muscles? I'm sure I can get an overview of the medical definition of neuromuscular scoliosis but I'd rather hear your perspective and your view on how it effects you. I'm quite intrigued with these medical related things your dealing with. Much love to you though~ ♥ 

Boy do I ever. I have two types of Ehlers danlos syndrome. I have the hypermobility (type 3) and also vascular EDS. My doctor lovingly referred to me as circus freak lol, my elbows pop all the way out when I lean on them and I can twist my lower arm almost 360 degrees. It looks insane. Before I was diagnosed we just thought I was insanely double jointed, since I can easily put my leg over my head, and twist my body into a pretzel lol, I can do all three splits without stretching, bend all my fingers all the way back, pop my shoulder and thumb out of socket and back in with ease. I did dance and high kick and pom growing up, not realizing I actually had a medical condition and all these crazy things I could do were destroying my joints.  

• Love 1

I sure do. Scoliosis, in the top part of my spine. It's pretty mild, doesnt pain me, not really noticable unless you are a doctor and I'm bent over in front of you and you feel my spine. Also I have tiny baby toes. My mom was a smoker. I wont add a picture unless someone wants to see lol.