Onision

Do you have any physical abnormalities?

24 minutes ago, Lia said:

Boy do I ever. I have two types of Ehlers danlos syndrome. I have the hypermobility (type 3) and also vascular EDS. My doctor lovingly referred to me as circus freak lol, my elbows pop all the way out when I lean on them and I can twist my lower arm almost 360 degrees. It looks insane. Before I was diagnosed we just thought I was insanely double jointed, since I can easily put my leg over my head, and twist my body into a pretzel lol, I can do all three splits without stretching, bend all my fingers all the way back, pop my shoulder and thumb out of socket and back in with ease. I did dance and high kick and pom growing up, not realizing I actually had a medical condition and all these crazy things I could do were destroying my joints.  

Wow

35 minutes ago, misspurdy06@gmail.com said:

Wow

Lol. Also, due to the vascular EDS, I had an artery block access to my stomach so I couldn't eat food for years and was kept alive with TPN, which is basically like i.v nutrition infusions daily but that improved recently, yay! 

My friend in junior high has scoliosis and was supposed to wear a back brace to school daily. She started getting made fun of so she would hide it. She hid it under her bed and her psycho stepdad found it and freaked out and took her bedframe away lol

Edited by Lia
  • Love 1

flat feet, scoliosis, bowlegged, had to have a surgery on my jaw because it wasn't big enough so I had migraines all my childhood and I got hit with a baseball bat in first grade so my nose is really crooked

2 hours ago, Lia said:

Lol. Also, due to the vascular EDS, I had an artery block access to my stomach so I couldn't eat food for years and was kept alive with TPN, which is basically like i.v nutrition infusions daily but that improved recently, yay! 

My friend in junior high has scoliosis and was supposed to wear a back brace to school daily. She started getting made fun of so she would hide it. She hid it under her bed and her psycho stepdad found it and freaked out and took her bedframe away lol

That bed frame thing is weird.

im doubtful this is considered an abnormality, but im double jointed in a few places so I can do stuff like lick my elbow, or put my foot behind my head. 

my eyes are two different shapes, so i have to do each eye's makeup differently in order to look like a normal human every day.

I have a very high functioning and enlarged thyroid, functioning 10 times normal speed.

I also have very bad edema, I have no ankles. it's all just leg and sometimes I leak water because of it.

With thyroid conditions comes pain and some times, its a big achievement to get out of bed and showered.

im also diabetic. 

I'm a big girl, not going to lie, but it gets scary when you suddenly drop or gain large amounts of weight, like 50 pounds or more within a week or two of your last doctors visit. 

Edited by Guest

On 2/10/2019 at 6:41 PM, JacksonRussell said:

Omg I have some foot problems too. I have extra mobility in my feet so it makes me walk weird and always fall over and hurt myself, and I also have flat feet as well. I walk so weird and people always comment on it lol

I have hyper-mobility as well- not just in my feet but in most of my joints (dr. thinks i might have ehlers danlos syndrome- its a genetic disorder with different subtypes- there is a type that causes hypermobility in the joints and super flexibility)    it was great when i was younger when i did ballet and gymnastics but then i started getting injuries- now i have chronic pain because i rolled and sprained my ankle so many times that now the ligaments are permanently torn and wont heal.  that throws off the way i walk too, i limp and causes hip and back pain from limping etc.  i get tendonitis everywhere too because of it b/c the joints move around too much when i'm doing things and are super easy to become inflamed.   anything i do just normal stuff if i do anything with too much repetition i get tendonitis in that joint and it takes over a year for the tendonitis to heal and settle down sometimes.  
ugh.  so i guess that all is pretty abnormal.  its an invisible abnormality for the most part but you can tell by the way i walk too.  

my middle fingers both are crooked and curve inward slightly toward the middle of my body

My physical abnormality is that I have a genetic disease  myotonic  dystrophy type one classical it’s a rare form of muscular dystrophy.    A genetic abnormality where your chromosome chromosome repeats too many times. So my physical abnormality is having a disease that causes a lot of physical abnormalities.  But staying positive is one thing the disease can’t stop me from doing. 

None besides being double jointed and super flexible.

• Love 1

On 2/2/2019 at 6:46 AM, raebluume said:

I have double jointed elbows. Not as cool as it sounds 😂 but people always get creeped out when I show them. (It is kinda like extending you arms while putting your hands flat on the wall and then turning them upside down).

i can do that too... i didnt know it was that abnormal but i guess ive never really seen other people do it .... but then why would they? lol

On 1/30/2019 at 10:55 PM, Onision said:

I have an enlarged aorta... which I guess means I literally have a big heart.

What about you?

Saying you have a big heart was so cute!

I have flat feet and twisty ankles, and a massive birthmark on my shoulder that looks like I've been beat, and I used to have a HUGE one on my hand but it's faded and you can hardly see it now

On 2/10/2019 at 11:52 PM, Lia said:

Boy do I ever. I have two types of Ehlers danlos syndrome. I have the hypermobility (type 3) and also vascular EDS. My doctor lovingly referred to me as circus freak lol, my elbows pop all the way out when I lean on them and I can twist my lower arm almost 360 degrees. It looks insane. Before I was diagnosed we just thought I was insanely double jointed, since I can easily put my leg over my head, and twist my body into a pretzel lol, I can do all three splits without stretching, bend all my fingers all the way back, pop my shoulder and thumb out of socket and back in with ease. I did dance and high kick and pom growing up, not realizing I actually had a medical condition and all these crazy things I could do were destroying my joints.  

similar story--- i have ehlers danlos as well thouugh not that severe that i'm popping all my joints out that much, but they are hypermobile enough that i keep getting  severe bouts of tendonitis in almost every joint -- like if im using any joint repetitively for even a small amount of time, i end up with tendonitis.  my knees, my elbow, my ankle actually has a severe problem where i tore the whole ligament off the bone and that is chronic and wont heal.  my neck, my wrists, yea, i'm a mess lol.  
and i also used to do ballet and gymnastics when i was young and was super good at it when i was young, won awards at my academy, etc.  but by highschool is when i tore my ankle and its been all downhill from there, esp b/c the torn ankle makes me limp and then throws off the rest of my body's natural movement.  
i'm still pretty flexible but not as much as i used to be since i have pain everywhere now it kinda keeps you from moving around too much.... and cant do a split anymore b/c my hamstrings hate me lol

but i can still flyyyyyyyyy

.  1366229628_flyinganna.thumb.jpg.8f3019bb1019f6878dd9a6d91f15cb7c.jpg

• Love 1

On 2/20/2019 at 12:56 PM, AnnaSantina said:

i can do that too... i didnt know it was that abnormal but i guess ive never really seen other people do it .... but then why would they? lol

Hahaha! That’s awesome! Glad to find someone else who can do it!!

Ankylosing spondylitis, degenerative disc disease, scoliosis. Basically, my spine hates me. 

Had a deviated septum and crooked/possibly (probably?) broken nose up until late July last year - had surgery to fix it. Can't really fix the minor scoliosis with surgery though : / (Well, it's possible, but last I heard it involves bolting a metal rod onto the spine. Dangerous area of the body to experiment on.)

Had a deviated septum and crooked/possibly (probably?) broken nose up until late July last year - had surgery to fix it. Can't really fix the minor scoliosis with surgery though : / (Well, it's possible, but last I heard it involves bolting a metal rod onto the spine. Dangerous area of the body to experiment on.)

I have mild scoliosis that you couldn't tell I had unless I pointed it out. It bugs me every great once in a while, but I'm usually fine and it doesn't impede my ability to do things. Other than that, that's it

According to a guy at my high school I'm "defective" for having small tits haha. I am a bit self conscious about them but I'm learning to like them 🙂

My ribcage also seems a bit big for my body so since I have a thin/flat stomach it actually slightly extends a bit past it. It's not a crazy concave stomach under there, honestly I think I'm the only one who notices it beyond my mom and one of my friends, but it's still an interesting thing about my body