Lilith

Is there life in outer space?

Do aliens exist?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Do aliens exist?

• Yes
    • No

I say yes. Because if we're here.. what's stopping another planet from having life. We can't be that self absorbed to think that no other planet would have evolution and life on it. 

There billions and billions of planets. 

Be real.

• Love 7

Just now, AnnaSantina said:

I wonder what the Aliens call us.  (since from their perspective, we would be the aliens lol)

Were the aliens. And they probably think we look funny .. 

• Love 4

Just now, AmazingDiana said:

Were the aliens. And they probably think we look funny .. 

I doubt they call us Aliens though.... unless we magically speak the same language.    

• Love 3

Just now, AnnaSantina said:

I doubt they call us Aliens though.... unless we magically speak the same language.    

They probably just call us the pale faced ones. Or think we're weird because we don't reproduce when we touch eachothers hair or something. 

• Love 4
  • Lol 1

1 minute ago, AmazingDiana said:

They probably just call us the pale faced ones. Or think we're weird because we don't reproduce when we touch eachothers hair or something. 

oh man.... shower cap condoms lol

• Love 3

I absolutely believe there’s multitudes of life out there. Probably so many different forms of life that it would be impossible to keep track 

• Love 2

9 minutes ago, Onryouji said:

I absolutely believe there’s multitudes of life out there. Probably so many different forms of life that it would be impossible to keep track 

My thoughts are.. no way would they need here at earth. They are light years away. I believe there's aliens. I just don't believe they would ever be here

• Love 4
  • Like 1

I'm loving the discussion so far.

I personally believe in extraterrestrial life, but the Fermi Paradox is very interesting too. The Fermi paradox is a conflict between the argument that scale and probability seem to favor intelligent life being common in the universe, and a total lack of evidence of intelligent life having ever arisen anywhere other than on the Earth.

The Fermi paradox, or Fermi's paradox, named after physicist Enrico Fermi, is the apparent contradiction between the lack of evidence and high probabilityestimates[1] for the existence of extraterrestrial civilizations.[2] The basic points of the argument, made by physicists Enrico Fermi (1901–1954) and Michael H. Hart(born 1932), are:

• There are billions of stars in the galaxy that are similar to the Sun,[3][4] and many of these stars are billions of years older than the Solar system.[5][6]
  • With high probability, some of these stars have Earth-like planets,[7][8] and if the Earth is typical, some may have developed intelligent life.
  • Some of these civilizations may have developed interstellar travel, a step the Earth is investigating now.
  • Even at the slow pace of currently envisioned interstellar travel, the Milky Way galaxy could be completely traversed in a few million years.[9]

According to this line of reasoning, the Earth should have already been visited by extraterrestrial aliens. In an informal conversation, Fermi noted no convincing evidence of this, leading him to ask, "Where is everybody?"[10][11] There have been many attempts to explain the Fermi paradox,[12][13] primarily either suggesting that intelligent extraterrestrial life is extremely rare or proposing reasons that such civilizations have not contacted or visited Earth.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fermi_paradox

• Love 4

I definitely believe there’s more out there 👽

• Love 6

Oh for sure, I think it to be rather selfish for the human race to tihnk that WE are the only intelligent life in our whole universe. There are other galaxies that we havent/can't find, not yet at least. 

I even have my own wild theories about them.

1. We as humans are the only life forms that seek to destoy one another. 

2. There are aliens that are "Greys" and the greys look almost human. Not little green aliens that we see depicted from the Roswell Crash site. Sure some might look like that, but they don't ALL look like that. 

3. Type RH - Blood., Where does it come from? Yes, scientists have their own ideas about this, but RH negative means negative of the Rhesus gene and the Rhesus gene is what makes humans, human. People CAN have that blood type, yes, but it is rare and is lacking the RH Gene in it. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Sloppy Mommy said:

Oh for sure, I think it to be rather selfish for the human race to tihnk that WE are the only intelligent life in our whole universe. There are other galaxies that we havent/can't find, not yet at least. 

I even have my own wild theories about them.

1. We as humans are the only life forms that seek to destoy one another. 

2. There are aliens that are "Greys" and the greys look almost human. Not little green aliens that we see depicted from the Roswell Crash site. Sure some might look like that, but they don't ALL look like that. 

3. Type RH - Blood., Where does it come from? Yes, scientists have their own ideas about this, but RH negative means negative of the Rhesus gene and the Rhesus gene is what makes humans, human. People CAN have that blood type, yes, but it is rare and is lacking the RH Gene in it. 

That's really interesting!

• Love 3

Maybe there was an ancient race so far back, they then colonized, lost contact with some civilizations of colonies of theirs and we were one of their colonies that were one of theirs that developed into what we are now but we just don't know these aliens that are actually related to us but they just lost contact.  You never know in history...because we weren't there to see it philosophically speaking unless we're talking about camera monitoring.  But to answer your question, I believe in aliens too.  Math tells us there is even more than one universe but there is actually a lot of them.  All life needs to flourish is water.  I mean there's planets found already that's made out of water only...meteors go right through it.  Did you know there's planets completely made out of diamond?  I don't see why diamonds are made such a big deal then...no, jk, diamonds are beautiful to look at and more of an everything set of it and definitions and mysteries that must become masteries to diamonds about such rocks and other things about those shiny rocks I'm sure but I don't know about it right now about those types of rocks.  If we wanna know material that we don't know about that could help us out there in the universe that aliens have a command of, those things are he next big thing, no?  We've already found life living in space already you know, even in lava in volcanoes and such if you didn't know yet...small creatures that live in lava and space...same animal...small pink creatures.

• Love 1

16 hours ago, Sloppy Mommy said:

Yo I’m A-, and my mom really gave me this whole “lesson” on how I’m descended from some mountain alien village lmao, I don’t have anything to add to the discussion that just reminded me 

• Love 3

even in the scientific world, the fact we are here is an astronomical chance. So i think there is life out there but i dont think its a huge amaount of other things.