Onision

Longest Relationships Ever?

What is the longest relationship you’ve been in?  

33 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Longest relationship ever?

• 0-6 months
    • 7 months to 2 years
    • 3-5 years
    • 6-9 years
    • 10+ years

@misspurdy06!  We were married in August of 2007!   Wouldn’t it be weird if they were at the same place and date? We married on Lookout Mountain.  

I'm currently in my longest relationship. It's lasted about a year and a half so far.

• Love 1

Posted (edited)

I'm  in my 30s and never really dated (i'm  mostly as●●ual and i kind of feel like to try and date someone, they would be EXPECTING ...something... and dont want to feel like leading someone on, even though would love to have a romantic relationship.)  
my longest "relationship" is i guess the relationship with my best guy friend who i've known for almost 20 years ( (since he was like 9 going on 10 and i was 10 going on 11. weve literally been best friends since we were little CHILDREN which is pretty rare i think... that the person  you connected with then is  still the person  you connect with now, for neither or you to change that much or for you both to change together in a simlar enough direction)  we go through periods when we don't talk that much but then when we do hook back up we fall right back into our usual ... and he's the only person that ive had romantic and s●●ual things  with (cause i guess i have to really feel connected with somebody for that... like ...15 to 20 years worth of connection haha)   
He was in thailand for a few years and didnt even have much internet connection but he's home in florida the past few months so we've been talking again for the first time in years.  awesome to have my best friend back.  sometimes i forget that he cares about me but then he'll message me out of the blue and it'll be like old times.  
one of the best "relationships" ive ever had, even if not  the kind everyone else has.    (pics of our friendship from the mid 90s up until like 2010 when we moved away from eachother.  including those awkward years where  i go thru puberty before he does and feel like a giant next to him even though im only 5'4, he's like 6 feet tall NOW but.... it was awkward for a minute there looking back at these pictures lol) 20190406_133058.thumb.jpg.94d270c85b7bc7598bc1c41517f9a5bc.jpg20190406_133028.thumb.jpg.4644da8976a57413539df62df3f9b749.jpg20190406_132948.thumb.jpg.55953ec13c72b7415bb7fa04aa36ffa2.jpg20190406_132844.thumb.jpg.979bc0dbb05c865f35bb0e01c0d0ab09.jpg

1929132_1002337061856_3429_n.jpg

1929625_1005956952351_9535_n.jpg

d6.jpg

dock1.jpg

dock2.jpg

dock3.jpg

dock4.jpg

dock5.jpg

Edited by AnnaSantina
pictures or it didnt happen
  • Love 1

On 3/31/2019 at 5:49 PM, Nat said:

5 years this past January, known him since I was 9, so we've been friends for about 10 years. 

sounds like me and my best friend.  same, i met him when he was 9 and i was 10.  we're not dating but have been on and off whenever he or i am in town (we don't live near eachother at all and he was in thailand for the past like 3 years too)  I'm 32 now so we've literally been friends for 20 years and on-off with stuff since we were teenagers ( he was my first kiss when i was like 14, first s●●ual experience, first everything and still my best friend)   

• Love 1

My boyfriend and I started going out when I was fourteen and now we're going on six years 🙂 My first relationship too!

• Love 1

On 4/6/2019 at 8:26 PM, AnnaSantina said:

sounds like me and my best friend.  same, i met him when he was 9 and i was 10.  we're not dating but have been on and off whenever he or i am in town (we don't live near eachother at all and he was in thailand for the past like 3 years too)  I'm 32 now so we've literally been friends for 20 years and on-off with stuff since we were teenagers ( he was my first kiss when i was like 14, first s●●ual experience, first everything and still my best friend)   

aww that's pretty much how me and my boyfriend have been, first kiss, first everything. I'd post a picture of us but in most photos we are both under 18 and I dont have any pics with him since his 18th birthday last October 

My longest relationship was 4 years. 

I have been with my husband for 3 years + 3 months, I am hoping will soon become my longest relationship. :)

We will be celebrating our 12th anniversary this August.  We dated for exactly 1 year, 1 month, and 1 day before we got married.  We didn't plan it that way on purpose.  13 years is my record 🙂

• Love 1

On 4/8/2019 at 11:01 AM, Nat said:

aww that's pretty much how me and my boyfriend have been, first kiss, first everything. I'd post a picture of us but in most photos we are both under 18 and I dont have any pics with him since his 18th birthday last October 

yea, we're under 18 too in some  of the pictures i shared here (i think i shared some from like middle school and early highschool) but there's nothing dirty or "adult" going on, just best friends hanging out , fully clothed, no kissing, maybe some hugging and cuddling but a hug is pretty tame.  i hug my mom.  hugs are wholesome lol.  

Um, five minutes. Most awkward conversation ever. I'm am a very bad conversationalist and have social anxiety. But, it was still worth it. I'm going out with him sort of next week!

10 hours ago, AnnaSantina said:

yea, we're under 18 too in some  of the pictures i shared here (i think i shared some from like middle school and early highschool) but there's nothing dirty or "adult" going on, just best friends hanging out , fully clothed, no kissing, maybe some hugging and cuddling but a hug is pretty tame.  i hug my mom.  hugs are wholesome lol.  

first two are from right before graduation and second two are when I was in 11th grade

Snapchat-1756760457.jpg

Snapchat-1663114697.jpg

Snapchat-20675400.jpg

Snapchat-1644467719.jpg

• Love 1

3 days. This was when I was still figuring out my s●●ual orientation, and he was nice so I thought maybe I'd give it a go. It was a really awkward 3 days. The first day it was kinda okay. That night was when things got weird. Immediately he's moving into the "I love you be with me forever" territory. I put a stop to that S●●● real fast.