TwylaJane

Has anyone ever experienced sleep paralysis?

I did last week, I woke up unable to move my limbs,¬†sit up, speak¬†and it was difficult to even breath deeply; however, I didn‚Äôt have any of the hallucinations usually associated with sleep paralysis. It was terrifying. ūü•ļsad lucid dream GIF by Rebecca Hendin

• Love 2
  • Like 1

I haven't in a long time. But I have. It stopped when I started upping my fat intake and lowering my sugar. Could be a coincidence. IDK 

• Love 1

I found before I was going to therapy I had this happen almost 2-3 times a week. It was terrifing. Your lucky not to have hallucinations. Now I have one a year . Maybe.. its alot better now that I've faced my fears

• Love 2

Yes, and it's terrifying. They are so realistic it's like I'm awake. There is always strange noises, whispering, or black figures. I try to call for my Dad and it never works, barely anything comes out. I can't move either. I wake up unable to move, heart racing, sweating, shaking, and my chest feels like something is inside of me clutching it. In some sleep paralysis dreams I feel a weight on my chest. 

• Like 1

Yes I have several times in my life since childhood,and it's awful.¬†ūüėę

I have once, it felt so much like I was awake alone in my bed in the quiet dark. Without even one of my pets with me to keep me company. But I couldn't really move and then this 7 foot tall or 8 foot tall ugly, horrifying looking creature with a grey skeletal burned or skinned looking face and a very unrealistic looking wide smile on it's face with HUGE shark like teeth, HUGE demonic looking eyes with the pupils at the very top of it's eyes as if it was always staring at the ceiling with them instead of me. It came closer and closer to me and nothing would ever let me not look at it. Then it got REALLY close to me about to touch me with it's long fingers and claws and then I woke up! I also have night terrors about loud ringing in my ears that turns into loud very high pitched screaming that startles me and hurts my ears really badly. I also have night terrors about feeling awake but having something I can't see attacking me and throwing me around a room. Grabbing me and even making me fly sky high without any control.