Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Lets talk hair 🙂 also give me some advice! what is your current hair color? Whats the color you wish it was? I really want this color but have no idea how to get it at home if anyone has any advice 😭

Screenshot 2019-02-27 at 9.23.59 PM.png

  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I recently just died mine Midnight indigo. I am happy that I finally got it the blue I wanted it. 

  • Love 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just went from ash blonde to a dark-almost-black brown. I used to dye it pink every summer, but unfortunately I have a corporate job now. I wish it were pink again.

To get that color, you will need to bleach & tone [wait at least 3 weeks] bleach & tone [wait at least 4 weeks] bleach & tone. Conditioning treatments appropriate for recently colored hair are recommended. For good colour advice, ask a professional colorist or at the very least someone who works at the beauty supply store (SALLY people are usually friendly DIY-ers who can help you choose which color and depositor to use).

After your main color treatments,  continue to use color-depositing shampoo. Punky Color's "Get the yellow out" shampoo is a nice, affordable option that will keep the yellow tones out of your hair, but not risk turning it completely silver like a gray depositor.

Edited by Kelsi
  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right now my hair is a very faded emerald with insanely long roots, lmao. I wish I could go vivid orange but I’m broke rn. 

 

Also, not color related, but more length and style. I set myself a hair goal about a year and a half ago, and I’m !struggling! I wanna cut it so bad but I also really wanna hit my goal which is like hip length. Ahhhhh!!!! Summers gonna be brutal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right now my hair has no dye in it, just my natural blonde color that comes out my head😂.

If I do get my hair dye/dye it again I would go lighter blonde/highlights seems to look the best 

on me. I am no hairstylist but I would say section the bangs, bleach/dye the rest of your hair

platinum blonde. Then do the tips pink if you can go to a salon and do it, I say go for it. 😊✌️

 

  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Kelsi said:

I just went from ash blonde to a dark-almost-black brown. I used to dye it pink every summer, but unfortunately I have a corporate job now. I wish it were pink again.

To get that color, you will need to bleach & tone [wait at least 3 weeks] bleach & tone [wait at least 4 weeks] bleach & tone. Conditioning treatments appropriate for recently colored hair are recommended. For good colour advice, ask a professional colorist or at the very least someone who works at the beauty supply store (SALLY people are usually friendly DIY-ers who can help you choose which color and depositor to use).

After your main color treatments,  continue to use color-depositing shampoo. Punky Color's "Get the yellow out" shampoo is a nice, affordable option that will keep the yellow tones out of your hair, but not risk turning it completely silver like a gray depositor.

if thats you in the picture you look so good with pink hair oh my lord

right now my hair is a mix of wella t14 and t18 but it just didnt get that pretty color im so salty about it (sallys was actually where I went lol) I use fenolas no yellow shampoo but it just always seems like it still has a little tinge of yellow in it and its driving me B A N A N A S though I could honestly just be seeing things 

  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, alexsis.dimarzio@yahoo.com said:

Right now my hair has no dye in it, just my natural blonde color that comes out my head😂.

If I do get my hair dye/dye it again I would go lighter blonde/highlights seems to look the best 

on me. I am no hairstylist but I would say section the bangs, bleach/dye the rest of your hair

platinum blonde. Then do the tips pink if you can go to a salon and do it, I say go for it. 😊✌️

 

mine was natural again until I decided to try doing this lol 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, lostinthesauce said:

if thats you in the picture you look so good with pink hair oh my lord

right now my hair is a mix of wella t14 and t18 but it just didnt get that pretty color im so salty about it (sallys was actually where I went lol) I use fenolas no yellow shampoo but it just always seems like it still has a little tinge of yellow in it and its driving me B A N A N A S though I could honestly just be seeing things 

hey, it is me, so thanks ^.^

ooo i haven't used wella before. Is that a go-to? will you use it again? I've heard good things about fenola. TBH i think that yellow you can see never goes away. even people with full silver hair feel like it gets too yellow - that's actually why I gave up and just went to the dark brown. Drove me nuts trying to keep my hair nice and ashy.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine was a half-assed rose-gold.  But I plan on re-bleaching it on Friday (it's been about a month since I last bleached it) and going a dark blonde, medium blonde or beige blonde color for the summer.  😄

Now, to get the result you want how dark is your hair?  I recommend using Garnier hair dye to lift your color. It will lift at least six levels and it doesn't hurt or damage your hair too much. (Or smell!) 
depending on how dark your hair is, you may need to do it twice.

It's always good to have someone help you to make sure you don't miss any parts, and the back can be tricky! The box looks like this:
I swear by this product because it's the least harshest bleach I've ever used. And still gets the job done. 😛

Good luck!


They also have one for dark brown to soft black as well.

garnier.jpg

61UV1smVlcL._SL1000_.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I want blonde I use quick blue bleach with 30 volume developer. Most box dyes will have a toner that will deposit color back onto your hair.

So say you use a box dye bleach. It turns out too dark and you need to dye again. So you add another box on top of that. Well now you are trying to lighten hair that has just had more pigment put into it.

 

This is why you straight up bleach first. Get your hair to the level you want. Which from the picture looks like a level 8. Then tone.

 

Please please dont stack box dyes. Attempting to bleach and tone simultaneously then repeat that will just make you frustrated and waste money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would suggest going to your local beauty supply place, showing them the picture and asking how you achieve that, depending on your current hair color, you may need to bleach the bangs/fringe to get them THAT pink and a beauty supply store could point you in a good direction for that. You will also need a toner because bleach will make your hair a coppery color.

My hair is currently red, and in a rebel cut and if I feel brave enough, I might show you all a pic of me. My hair is dark brown/black naturally and I wish it was naturally red all the time. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My hair is its natural color with no dyes (ive only dyed my hair a couple times in my life)  - naturally  VERY dark brown almost black.  Currently it looks like the first picture which was yesterday... i want to grow it out a TINY bit more so that its more like it was in the second picture which was a few months ago... after the 2nd pic grew out i cut it again to try to keep it where it was but ... it came out a little too short in the fron and i like having a  little more bang to work with.  

12333.jpg

47692042_521735711649621_1153889772968195562_n.jpg

  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I basically regret every hair color I have so... hard to give advice.

  • Love 2
  • Lol 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still a natural dish water blond . But if I were it would probably be black or red. The picture is of my daughter and what she dyed hers.  You should dye it the color you feel is right for you.

received_251315895794079.jpeg

  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My natural is dark brown but I dye it myself to platinum blonde. I'm constantly getting compliments on it and people ask what salon I go to...guess I'm not terrible at getting the back of my head. I use Olaplex to help my hair keep from breaking, loreal quickblue, Wella T18, & manic panic virgin snow to maintain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have brown hair but I think it would be fun to have forest green hair. However, I work in surgery and that's not allowed. I guess I could always wear a green wig when I'm not at work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always keep mine black, but I did spend 2 years growing it out really long, in my natural color. I miss it but I think black looks best. 

IMG_20181225_140112_044.jpg

IMG_20181031_202629_890.jpg

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My natural colour is weird. Some would say I’m a dirty blonde, others say I’m strawberry blonde/mouse brown. I dunno. It’s hair 😂😂😂 occasionally I go through phases of colouring my hair and atm at a grand age of 33 I’ve started colouring again (grey hair begone!!) lemme scour my photos for a before and after.....be kind guys, I’m a little awkward in selfies 😣

EA11AA4A-55BA-4445-9090-04EC93DDB296.jpeg

D2B2BD9C-A5F0-402E-A76F-FF647173755D.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Some various styles of my hair throughout the years ^_^

im getting rose gold soon.

hope you guys don’t mind.  Lol

D9BBB4EC-A02E-49D6-99F8-4EA66714C96A.jpeg

873597BE-14FC-4151-B042-FC503224FC4E.jpeg

763ACED8-18C0-4D2A-B1CE-F2FFF878543B.jpeg

8321E860-5894-4BBF-8843-CD0BD06BAA07.jpeg

89674644-6848-44F9-8023-7D9BE9C4A370.jpeg

78F9E7E9-2465-435F-B219-810836ED6B0B.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, LizardQueen said:

Some various styles of my hair throughout the years ^_^

im getting rose gold soon.

hope you guys don’t mind.  Lol

D9BBB4EC-A02E-49D6-99F8-4EA66714C96A.jpeg

873597BE-14FC-4151-B042-FC503224FC4E.jpeg

763ACED8-18C0-4D2A-B1CE-F2FFF878543B.jpeg

8321E860-5894-4BBF-8843-CD0BD06BAA07.jpeg

89674644-6848-44F9-8023-7D9BE9C4A370.jpeg

78F9E7E9-2465-435F-B219-810836ED6B0B.jpeg

You are gorgeous!!!!! 🥰

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
1 hour ago, Qi’ra said:

You are gorgeous!!!!! 🥰

Awww thank you :3 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/27/2019 at 9:45 PM, Onryouji said:

Right now my hair is a very faded emerald with insanely long roots, lmao. I wish I could go vivid orange but I’m broke rn. 

 

Also, not color related, but more length and style. I set myself a hair goal about a year and a half ago, and I’m !struggling! I wanna cut it so bad but I also really wanna hit my goal which is like hip length. Ahhhhh!!!! Summers gonna be brutal

Orange is a good color for someone who wants to get a bang for their buck,  in my experience it did not fade as fast as other colors I have tried. I'm sure it would look great on you. Unfortunately when I had mine done, I didn't take many pictures, but here's one that shows how vibrant it was. Sorry for the bad selfie, I don't take pictures of myself very often.

20181020_141230.jpg

  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nin said:

Orange is a good color for someone who wants to get a bang for their buck,  in my experience it did not fade as fast as other colors I have tried. I'm sure it would look great on you. Unfortunately when I had mine done, I didn't take many pictures, but here's one that shows how vibrant it was. Sorry for the bad selfie, I don't take pictures of myself very often.

20181020_141230.jpg

OMG your hair is so pretty! I love that color! Like fire! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Site Rules