Charsuz

What’s your anxieties? And what relieves them?

We all have anxieties. Some cases are more serious and overpowering than others but none are belittled or dismissed. With your anxiety, what’s one thing that makes you forget for a second about it and makes you happy? 

• Like 1

I have an aniexty disorder and panic disorder. So I have alot of quirks... And alot of techniques to relax myself. 

Leaving my purse on the bus(must check before and after I get off the bus), getting chosen to give thanks at the dinner table( must hold breathe until person is chosen), my nails are chewed off from thinking about how I should have responded to a situation, my past, my migraines (so when weather changes or there's loud sounds I must take my medication asap or I have panic attacks)(my migraines are very painful) , having to be around my ex (who verbally and Physically abused me), when I was im court for my parenting order and custody(thank god that's over now), and any situation that takes me out of my usual routine... Like waking up late or my missing a bus.... 

I'm clearly crazy. But I function really well. Used to have panic attacks 3-4 times daily now it's 3-4 times a month. 

Woop woop!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Best ways to calm me to keep to routine, have a shower, hug my son, and I used to call my mom alot... Even at 3 am when my mind was racing. 

Find a safety person who understands you and will talk to you about everything and not judge. 

• Like 1

Really, anything could set off my anxiety. Since it was getting worse back in December, I decided to go to a doctor. I'm now diagnosed correctly (bipolar I) and on lithium - which seems to be helping the hyper anxious moods I was having. Regular coping methods just weren't enough to help my anxiety.

Like I could be in the safest place and I'd have a panic attack for no reason. It was the absolute worst!!

I definitely recommend, if you're having a lot of panic attacks, to talk to a doctor and start working with a counselor. These two things have helped immensely along with the right medicines!!  

• Like 1

Crowds, strangers, confrontations. 

Just typing that made my hands start shaking lmao whoops

• Like 1

I have severe anxiety (GAD) 

My triggers are:

being anxious I made my friends upset/sad

things being sprung on me on short notice/not being prepared

my body dysmorphia 

doing things out of my routine

seasons changing (earlier and later sunsets, extreme weather)

being watched while I’m eating or people monitoring my food choices

doing things in public (ordering food, public bathrooms, buying something at a cash register, etc.)

and more but this list is getting too long. I’m a nervous mess haha

• Like 1

Things that help me are having time alone and watching YouTube, as well as lighting incense or a candle. Nice smells calm me a lot. I just need to be in a dark and quiet room with a distraction. 

• Like 1