Onision

Issues With Mac vs PC?

What have you had more issues using? A Mac or PC?

I have had constant issues with PC, but almost none with Mac. Been using mostly PC, basically 70% of my life has been PC, 30% Mac.

I've had issues with PC about 1 out of every 30 uses.

I've had issues with Mac about 1 out of every 150 uses.

• Love 1

I'm kind of having the same issue I'm going to get me I Pad air. I bought a Chromebook and I thought it was a good deal but I don't really think I can use it and it's super brand now I have no clue.  I think I'm going to give it away it is a Chromebook it was from Fred Meyer and that was such a waste of money. 

Mac is good at making things pretty airtight and idiot proof. Unlike PC where you can mess up a lot because it gives you a lot of freedom. Both have their advantages... I use Mac now after using Windows for most of my life and the transition has been a clumsy one, but I really enjoy it now.

• Love 2

While I don't mind my Macbook (even though it's starting to die and it about 10 years old at this point since I needed it for school), I much prefer PC. There's so much more that you can do with it. I use a PC at work and I have a PC that was bought for me as a gift, but I like how customizable PCs are as long as you have the correct virus protections in place and keep up with doing sweeps of your stuff. The only time I ever ran into problems with my old PCs was due to myself and clicking on dubious links as a kid and getting viruses/malware/etc on them. I feel a lot of problems that people run into on PC are user generated problems.

Though, as Lilith said, Macs are pretty idiot proof, so it's harder to really mess up on a Mac as opposed to a normal PC. There is also the benefit that you get the current OS for free. There are some things that I've run into that are harder to do on Macs vs PC, though, as it takes a few more steps to do certain things and Macs aren't compatible with certain programs and games that I like to use.

• Love 1

13 hours ago, unbrit said:

While I don't mind my Macbook (even though it's starting to die and it about 10 years old at this point since I needed it for school), I much prefer PC. There's so much more that you can do with it. I use a PC at work and I have a PC that was bought for me as a gift, but I like how customizable PCs are as long as you have the correct virus protections in place and keep up with doing sweeps of your stuff. The only time I ever ran into problems with my old PCs was due to myself and clicking on dubious links as a kid and getting viruses/malware/etc on them. I feel a lot of problems that people run into on PC are user generated problems.

Though, as Lilith said, Macs are pretty idiot proof, so it's harder to really mess up on a Mac as opposed to a normal PC. There is also the benefit that you get the current OS for free. There are some things that I've run into that are harder to do on Macs vs PC, though, as it takes a few more steps to do certain things and Macs aren't compatible with certain programs and games that I like to use.

You're definitely right in that PC gives so many more options when it comes to customization and settings in general.

• Love 2