Sign in to follow this  
Ann_B98

Michael Jackson

So what do y'all think about the MJ stuff?

I was reading stuff on reddit yesterday night and it is all so interesting ! It really seems like MJ was a pedophile and people covered it up, paid witnesses and accusers ending up dead. The victims got a lot of hate and people attacking them for speaking up. It is known Michael had no proper childhood and was fixated about little boys n would spend a lot of time with them. I read stuff that he would cry n whine if they didn't "play" like he wanted and told them continuously how much he "loves" and "cares" for them when he wanted them to do what he wants. Michael would call the kids, invite them on trips (this is all recorded and his defense basically just claimed he just liked to hang out with kids but didn't do inappropriate stuff??). He also tried to get them to promise not to speak out.

I thought this would be an interesting topic, considering the #MeToo and victims speaking up about alleged offenders like R.Kelly and Vic!

Personally, I can't stand these grandpas white knighting their artist heroes because they worked in their favorite content. It is SUUPER sad to see them totally pretend that people they looked up to are not scum...

• Love 2
  • Like 1

It's interesting and quite unsettling either way. I haven't read enough about the situation to make up my mind yet, but I'm looking forward to the discussion in this topic.

• Love 2

I think he's guilty, the FBI was really scrutinizing him and then he died and it became taboo to talk about him that way.

I'm going to watch the new documentary.

His estate is trying to have it buried and shut down but I'm curious to see how it pans out.

• Love 1

Just now, Cloudy said:

I think he's guilty, the FBI was really scrutinizing him and then he died and it became taboo to talk about him that way.

I'm going to watch the new documentary.

His estate is trying to have it buried and shut down but I'm curious to see how it pans out.

Me too, his estate is way too proactive at trying to discredit the accusers, but avoids suing in public. Especially the reaction to the documentary is so suspicious!!

• Love 2

Just now, Ann_B98 said:

Me too, his estate is way too proactive at trying to discredit the accusers, but avoids suing in public. Especially the reaction to the documentary is so suspicious!!

If he's innocent then they have nothing to fear

• Love 1

My question, why are ppl just deciding to care again because of a documentary? Sure people care when info initially came out, just like with R. Kelly. After it died down people started listening to both artist's music again - no shame. Now, a Netflix doc comes out and people are band-wagoning. Unpopular opinion - but why all of a sudden give a S●●● about something that people didn't really actually care about/forgot about before? I'm seeing people who were huge fans - who probably knew about the controversy - change from stans to "omg I h8 him".

I'm not saying his actions were good, if he M●●●●●ed children - he's rotting in hell. He's dead.

• Love 2

10 minutes ago, XerinaNova said:

My question, why are ppl just deciding to care again because of a documentary? Sure people care when info initially came out, just like with R. Kelly. After it died down people started listening to both artist's music again - no shame. Now, a Netflix doc comes out and people are band-wagoning. Unpopular opinion - but why all of a sudden give a S●●● about something that people didn't really actually care about/forgot about before? I'm seeing people who were huge fans - who probably knew about the controversy - change from stans to "omg I h8 him".

I'm not saying his actions were good, if he M●●●●●ed children - he's rotting in hell. He's dead.

As far as I'm concerned, I was young when he was popular and died, and for a while it was completely unacceptable to even entertain the thought because the man is dead, let him rest in peace, he was just a lost soul and all. And yes, he's dead, but his alleged victims are still dragged because some of them revoked their testimony later, maybe for them it's finally just time to tell the truth and clear up this lifelong and devastating trauma and shaming that followed them. I know I wouldn't want to sit on that for the rest of my life while the man who M●●●●●ed me is hailed as some sort of saint who just happened to be a little weird and childlike. 

(BTW it's an HBO documentary, not Netflix, not that it makes a huge difference)

This isn't to say he's definitely guilty... I just don't know if there's anything wrong with rehashing it now after so many years - people change and their perception of right and wrong change, our culture changes, and recently there has been so much debate around s●●ual misconduct, of course someone was going to think back on the cases that were never really resolved and bring them back to light. Better to draw attention to it now than to let it gather dust forever. 

And, according to the article I linked:

Both accusers planned to take their stories to the grave in the interest of upholding Jackson’s image. Both began to break when they had sons of their own. Both appear to be trying to find peace by breaking cycles. The answer to the question of what they want seems simple. They want closure. They deserve it.

• Love 3

3 minutes ago, Peacefulfaerie said:

I feel like the dead should be left alone, especially in Michael's case where he wanted the world to be a better place for not just children but for adults of all race, orientations, etc. A true humanitarian and his music is unlike any other out there. I don't believe he did anything to the kids who stayed at his home, he didn't have that kind of look in his eyes. Instead, he was just a man doing what he loves but broken down by the system because people wanted attention from him and they wanted his money. What killed him wasn't himself or whatever drug addiction he might have had, it was his so-called "doctor". Unreleased music shouldn't have been screwed with to make money off his name, holograms shouldn't be made of him, I could go on. I'm not saying he could do no wrong, but the accusations are such nonsense that it's hard to believe that people are resurfacing it ten years after the fact. Why can't they let him rest in peace since he couldn't rest while he was alive?

I respect your opinion and well-formulated post but I just want to point out that " I don't believe he did anything to the kids who stayed at his home, he didn't have that kind of look in his eyes" is a very dangerous mindset to have. There have been plenty of beloved people about whom people spent decades insisting they couldn't harm a fly, and yet.

• Love 3

I don't know if he did that to those kids or if they were couched.. I know that the first case was were he was aqquited. 

1 hour ago, Peacefulfaerie said:

I feel like the dead should be left alone, 

Him being dead doesn’t stop the victims suffering, if the accusations are true. 

1 hour ago, XerinaNova said:

That’s a pretty big generalization. I’ve always been interested in this story and didn’t just decide to care again because of a documentary, it’s just something I’m excited to watch because of my interest. I don’t think it matters if he’s dead or alive to the alleged victims, who want their stories to be heard. 

• Love 3

Screw Micheal J he was a real child perv. And not a nice person. I met his wife Lisa Marie.. total snob they are worth a sinx pince (meaning a cent) not cool people..

• Love 2

Wow it was hard to watch

The first part was really graphic & the second went into why it was never resolved

Spoiler

It focused heavily on why/how they felt pressure to defend and lie for him (as kids, for example, he pretty much brainwashed them into thinking they’d go to jail for life if they told the truth)

And then the damage to their lives even as adults, as they’ve tried to heal and find peace, why they came forward with the the truth now.

They basically answered almost all his defender’s shots at them one way or another in a really gutting way.

I didn't know anything about either guy.

I found Robeson kind of slimy at first so I tried to keep my mind open.

By the end of part 2 I found them both extremely credible

I'm glad they went into how successful Robeson was and how vocal he was about not being abused for so long.

He had no beneficial reason to coming forward except ruining his career and being labeled a liar (neither of them were paid)

And his story was also so tragic with his father and brother. 

But it was their responses to the abuse as adults that really turned me.

Especially Safechuck's response, whom I felt was credible from the start.

You can tell he's utterly heartbroken about it.

Not just because it happened to him but because of the shame underneath that's hard to admit: he still loves him.

He hates himself for it but you can tell he struggles with loving him and knowing this was M●●●●●ation.

This was a prolonged brainwashing of 2 children into believing they were in love and special.

He had to deal with both the realization of what happened not being a loving caring relationship (the rings?!) but abuse, AND being abandoned by his abuser, which can be even more traumatic. 

• Love 1

Saw both parts and it was heavy. The ending credits was really powerful in my eyes In the second part. Now I’m watching the Oprah segment.  Totally recommend if you are alittle shook up after the documentary because Oprah was a survivor of s●●ual abuse and she’s not defending Michael Jackson in this at all despite her being friends with him/interviewing him in the past. It’s really informative and helpful to those who have been affected by this type of abuse. It talks about men being abused in this way which is important to talk about because it’s not talked about as much. 

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/03/05/entertainment/after-neverland/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

C06C1CDA-AA06-4FCF-9ADF-BF2763A370B6.jpeg

• Love 1

If after watching leaving neverland you’re not at least questioning what really happened then it’s clear you’re biased. We will never 100% know what happened, only the children who spent time with Michael know.

As lizardqueen mentioned above, the Oprah segment was really interesting as well as she raises the issue of grooming how Michael groomed these boys into thinking what he was doing wasn’t abuse, which was the sickest part of it all really. It’s far bigger than just Michael, or whether he “really” touched those kids. He admitted to sleeping in the same bed as children, and he groomed them and their families to think it was normal and it’s gross to not see anything wrong with that. 

Also him being dead is literally irrelevant to the conversation lol. Are we supposed to let anyone who’s dead rest In peace and never speak of their horrendous crimes? Kinda ridiculous logic there. 

• Love 3

Both times he was found not guilty...No one will ever know the truth.  One of the boys committed suicide the other isn't talking. Most M●●●●●ers have more victims. Now they want to get more DNA from MJs remains now to me that is ghoulish..The investigators on both those cases collected enough back then.

Posted (edited)

Well, maybe he just felt alone, you know?...feeling all these things in life making him sad...maybe it was a way for him to say, 'hey, I'm here...will someone help me...'people coming up to him constantly bombarding him with praise when he just wanted some peace...and with all these things of praise...maybe he got so much attention all his life that he saw so much corruption...he sos desperately tried to breathe to understand the innocence he once knew about himself...trying to remember himself as a starting point...just trying to...breathe in the way of being a child that he never got to really be too much...that he did what he did to children that he just wanted to...be a spirit of a child...that he thirsted so much to become a child that he did what he did to children because the thirst was so severe to become back to what he wants to connect with some sort of childhood true self of himself that it was just too...severe...but who knows...

Edited by Drifter Kane
  • No 2

I cannot believe the psychopath above me is trying to justify this alleged abuse. What on Earth, forget Michael, get this man Drifter on lockdown. I believe that Michael most likely did it but it can never be said that he has without a shadow of a doubt. Just because someone has not been sentenced previously does not mean it is is not still possible. I hope you all remember that semen was found on his bed, he had pseudo-s●●ual magazines of children in swimming trunks under his bed and he would frequently sleep naked with kids - it's just the s●●ual acts that have not been proven.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, JolyneKujo said:

I cannot believe the psychopath above me is trying to justify this alleged abuse. What on Earth, forget Michael, get this man Drifter on lockdown. I believe that Michael most likely did it but it can never be said that he has without a shadow of a doubt. Just because someone has not been sentenced previously does not mean it is is not still possible. I hope you all remember that semen was found on his bed, he had pseudo-s●●ual magazines of children in swimming trunks under his bed and he would frequently sleep naked with kids - it's just the s●●ual acts that have not been proven.

Like I said we will never know the truth

He was found not guilty twice. The man is dead now. There's a possibility he was totally innocent 

There is a possibility he's not either.  The only people who really knows aren't around..MJ and one the boys are dead,the other isn't talking either way. The one who passed, it's alledged he left it full confession that he made it up to get money. I don't know if that is true though. I'm not sticking up for MJ..if he did he was a very sick individual. 

• No 1

@JolyneKujo Be civil to other users. I know this is a sensitive topic and you're free to post your opinions just like everyone else, but don't make it personal.

• Love 3