Sign in to follow this  
Taraaf

Do you think Humans are ready to meet life forms from another planet?

Do you think we as a human race are ready to encounter life forms from other planets? Us now, are we ready to put everything aside and learn or interact from other life forms from another planet yet?  

Personally I don't think so. I think if anything or anyone is able to reach us, we're done for.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Taraaf said:

Do you think we as a human race are ready to encounter life forms from other planets? Us now, are we ready to put everything aside and learn or interact from other life forms from another planet yet?  

Personally I don't think so. I think if anything or anyone is able to reach us, we're done for.

i'm not sure but i think it could depend a lot on if the aliens are peaceful or not.  being advanced aliens can point them towards being destructive, experimenting, or they are peaceful.  hopefully, they are peaceful.

• Love 2

I can't see why a lifeform advanced enough to find us and communicate with us would want to, considering all the damage we've done.

• Love 2

I used to be a fan of as a young kid of Bill Nye the science Guy. a lot of young kids know who he is and I became an even bigger fan of him as an adult when I heard him say in order for people of the human race on Earth to find intelligence we have to look to look on Mars. Lolz it's not that I think that people can't be smart on Earth, it just shows you how much evolution we still have yet to come. That is if politicians don't destroy the planet first. 

Look at how we treat other species on this Earth.

• Love 6

Um--I don't think so. 😕

People are so quick to judge, they would probably assume the worst about a visiting alien species and start an unintentional war with them.  If aliens wanted to attack us and what not, (and existed) I'm sure they would have a long time ago.  So if they visited, I suspect they might be peaceful but...   other people, not so much yanno?  interesting topic!

• Love 2

24 minutes ago, QuirkyGemini said:

Um--I don't think so. 😕

People are so quick to judge, they would probably assume the worst about a visiting alien species and start an unintentional war with them.  If aliens wanted to attack us and what not, (and existed) I'm sure they would have a long time ago.  So if they visited, I suspect they might be peaceful but...   other people, not so much yanno?  interesting topic!

I like it.  

I mean, in all honesty, I think it's us who would threaten them. Back in the day (and even now if you browse the deep web which I don't recommend) when we didn't see something as our equal but we still took interest, we experimented. I think someone would get their hands on the alien and run a lot crazy pain testers, force breeding, and such like. I don't think they are prepared to meet us.

• Like 1

I think it would cause a lot of religion wars, so we probably aren't ready. 

• Love 1

Who knows? Maybe they are in a box in area 51. Maybe they have visited up in the past Egyptians maybe I dunno. Who would want to visit us we hate each other and everything. Probally not going to handle aliens good. They'll probally get smallpox or measles and die. Or we will enslave them or deport them or make them slaves. We suck at accepting anything different than us. 

5 minutes ago, Purple146 said:

Who knows? Maybe they are in a box in area 51. Maybe they have visited up in the past Egyptians maybe I dunno. Who would want to visit us we hate each other and everything. Probally not going to handle aliens good. They'll probally get smallpox or measles and die. Or we will enslave them or deport them or make them slaves. We suck at accepting anything different than us. 

If they are advanced, they should be quick adapters and learners to our diseases and stuff.  Also, if they are advanced...I'd think they would take care of us from pretty much any angle out of all of them in terms of us fighting them.

Just now, Drifter Kane said:

If they are advanced, they should be quick adapters and learners to our diseases and stuff.  Also, if they are advanced...I'd think they would take care of us from pretty much any angle out of all of them in terms of us fighting them.

What if they aren't advanced but still I see your point